T.L.A. LDD Microspace (Updated 8/29 with shuttles)

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

T.L.A. LDD Microspace (Updated 8/29 with shuttles)

Postby Theblackdog » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:15 pm

They're finally here! Well, the easiest ones to make, anyway.
The Delta-class frigate is armed with a heavy plasma cannon and a battery of short range missiles.

The Beta-class is a long range missile platform with three launchers.

The Alpha-class cruiser/carrier is the mainstay of the T.L.A. fleet. It is geared for long range fire with a massive rail gun and 18 missile and torpedo tubes, and its fighters are the T.L.A. fleet's first line of defense against enemy strike craft and heavy ordinance.

With the T.L.A. embroiled in a war with Britannia and a cold war with the Allied Nations, High Command decided that they needed more dakka. Thus, the Epsilon-class battleship was born. The Epsilon's most noticeable weapons are the twin railguns in its bow, each firing a 5-kilogram projectile at relativistic speeds. However, these are only its secondary weapons. A total of 38 torpedo launchers are grouped around the ship's stern, able to fire either conventional Nuklear torpedoes or the slower but more powerful F.L.E.I.J.A. warheads that Bavaria has sent to the T.L.A..

The Epsilon also carries a small launch bay for a squadron of interceptors, which protect it from enemy ordinance and strike craft while it lays down a torpedo barrage. As befits a T.L.A. spacecraft, its oversize drive gives it the acceleration of a cruiser despite its size.

The Omnirole Orbit to Planet Shuttle (O.O.P.S.) has a long and varied history. First designed and built aboard the T.L.A.'s colony motherships, these SHIP-sized landers were meant to carry prefab factories and housing blocks to the surface of their new homeworld. After the initial wave of colonization, the O.O.P.S. became the most common aerospace vehicle in the T.L.A.'s inventory, serving in both military and civilian roles. As a civilian ship, the O.O.P.S. can carry anything from cargo pallets to passenger pods to entire buildings; operators often rent their ships' internal space to several different customers on each flight. Its combined-cycle fusion engines can propel it most of the way to orbital velocity while still in airbreathing mode, allowing it to carry relatively little fuel for its enormous bulk.

The military version of the O.O.P.S. has a larger fuel reserve and several VTOL thrusters for rough-field landings. It is also lightly armed with gauss turrets and missile pods, but it is not a frontline combat SHIP; O.O.P.S.es are slow and unwieldy without being particularly well-armored, and any field commander who expects one to survive in the middle of a battlefield will quickly learn how it got its name. When assaulting a planet from orbit, the T.L.A. prefers to send down fighters and troops in lighter, more agile gunships such as the Hr-36 and S.T.U.D.G.O.D. to secure a landing zone for these massive shuttles to bring in the tanks.
Last edited by Theblackdog on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Re: T.L.A. LDD Microspace

Postby Colette » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Brikwars Chat wrote:<Dilanski>: TBD pulled through!
<colette>: ...
<colette>: FUCK
<colette>: YES
<colette>: TO
<colette>: THE
<colette>: YES
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Vami IV » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:14 am

This is nice.
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Vami IV
Playmobil

Postby Theblackdog » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:27 pm

Still not finished. Dilanski, tell me where you want me to send the files.
The Alpha-class cruiser is the mainstay of the T.L.A. fleet. It is geared for long range fire with a massive rail gun and 18 missile tubes, and its fighters are the T.L.A. fleet's first line of defense against enemy strike craft and heavy ordinance.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Colette » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:12 pm

Upload them to the old wiki and add them to the LDD Microspace table.
Colette

Postby Falk » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:07 am

Wow, I thought there were more non-LDD approved connections in your ships, guess I was wrong.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Theblackdog » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:52 am

These were pretty much the only ones I was able to make, and if you compare them to their real-life equivalents you'll definitely notice some changes I had to make to work around the limitations of LDD.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Theblackdog » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:37 am

Double post!

With the T.L.A. embroiled in a war with Britannia and a cold war with the Allied Nations, High Command decided that they needed more dakka. Thus, the Epsilon-class battleship was born.

The Epsilon's most noticeable weapons are the twin railguns in its bow, each firing a 5-kilogram projectile at relativistic speeds. However, these are only its secondary weapons. A total of 38 torpedo launchers are grouped around the ship's stern, able to fire either conventional Nuklear torpedoes or the slower but more powerful F.L.E.I.J.A. warheads that Bavaria has sent to the T.L.A..

The Epsilon also carries a small launch bay for a squadron of interceptors, which protect it from enemy ordinance and strike craft while it lays down a torpedo barrage. As befits a T.L.A. spacecraft, its oversize drive gives it the acceleration of a cruiser despite its size.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Re: T.L.A. LDD Microspace (Updated 7/5 with battleship)

Postby Colette » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:40 am

Theblackdog never ceases to impress, even in the realm of LDD.
Colette

Postby Theblackdog » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:56 am

Thanks. I made some minor changes to the Epsilon and Alpha, so Dilanski might want to re-download those.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Theblackdog » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:32 pm

The Omnirole Orbit to Planet Shuttle (O.O.P.S.) has a long and varied history. First designed and built aboard the T.L.A.'s colony motherships, these SHIP-sized landers were meant to carry prefab factories and housing blocks to the surface of their new homeworld. After the initial wave of colonization, the O.O.P.S. became the most common aerospace vehicle in the T.L.A.'s inventory, serving in both military and civilian roles. As a civilian ship, the O.O.P.S. can carry anything from cargo pallets to passenger pods to entire buildings; operators often rent their ships' internal space to several different customers on each flight. Its combined-cycle fusion engines can propel it most of the way to orbital velocity while still in airbreathing mode, allowing it to carry relatively little fuel for its enormous bulk.

The military version of the O.O.P.S. has a larger fuel reserve and several VTOL thrusters for rough-field landings. It is also lightly armed with gauss turrets and missile pods, but it is not a frontline combat SHIP; O.O.P.S.es are slow and unwieldy without being particularly well-armored, and any field commander who expects one to survive in the middle of a battlefield will quickly learn how it got its name. When assaulting a planet from orbit, the T.L.A. prefers to send down fighters and troops in lighter, more agile gunships such as the Hr-36 and S.T.U.D.G.O.D. to secure a landing zone for these massive shuttles to bring in the tanks.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Re: T.L.A. LDD Microspace (Updated 8/29 with shuttles)

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:50 am

Colette wrote:Theblackdog never ceases to impress, even in the realm of LDD.

Truth. I have long thought of TBD as the master shipbuilder around here.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:49 am

Quantumsurfer wrote:
Colette wrote:Theblackdog never ceases to impress, even in the realm of LDD.

Truth. I have long thought of TBD as the master shipbuilder around here.

I quote this to bring further truth. TBD can do stuff with hull shapes that I can only dream of.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Silverdream » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:30 am

Yeah, this is good stuff. It sort of reminds me of the Pelicans from Halo.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Vami IV » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:58 pm

Silverdream wrote:Yeah, this is good stuff. It sort of reminds me of the Pelicans from Halo.

Good stuff. Next you need an ATV that can have a driver and a guy on the back with a missile launcher.
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Vami IV
Playmobil

Return to LDD Forum