Genoan Trident Battleship

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Genoan Trident Battleship

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:45 am

As many allies of the Great and Mighty Scythian Empire will have no doubt have known by now, since the Immortal War began - Scythia has been searching for allies to take up arms against this extragalactic menace, offering advanced technologies and favourable trading rights to anyone willing to take up arms, and offering exclusive use of their Rigel Kentaurus shipyards to any nations without the capacity to build spacecraft for themselves.

The Genoan Republics where one of the many pre-space flight races that the Scythians approached with such an offer, and they accepted with open arms. Over the course of months and years they have been given a crash course in modern galactic technologies and combat applications, essentially making over 500 years worth of advancements in as little as 4 years. Today, their first space worthy battleship, the "Trident" class has moved out of their production lines.

Its ethos in Scythian technologies is obvious by its hull design, along with its tri-barrelled laser turrets - its missile systems and antimatter generators and engine systems, the true jewel of the class is its armour and shield generator systems, which the Genoan designers poured their heart and soul into making a ship capable of taking any beating at any range - the Trident is built to outlast any conflict through sheer force of will.

The first few models of this class are only just rolling off the production lines, how they will fare alongside their Scythian cousins remains to be seen.
Attachments
Genoan Battleship.zip
(290.04 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Re: Genoan Trident Battleship

Postby Theblackdog » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:17 am

Seems a little under-armed, but I like the sleek lines and color scheme.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:37 am

That was the point of the design, it's under armed but over-armoured, with heavily redundant shields and bulkheads.

One thing I forgot to add to the initial post, mostly due to being in a fucking rush - those barrels at the front are meant to be part of a fucking huge rail gun, arcing back to the Genoan history with projectile weaponry, keeping a part of their heritage in the design.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Falk » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:22 pm

I like the shape, it looks like something heavily influenced by th Scythians, and still with it's own feel.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:08 pm

I like the sleekness and the color scheme is decidedly attractive.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:44 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:That was the point of the design, it's under armed but over-armoured, with heavily redundant shields and bulkheads.

One thing I forgot to add to the initial post, mostly due to being in a fucking rush - those barrels at the front are meant to be part of a fucking huge rail gun, arcing back to the Genoan history with projectile weaponry, keeping a part of their heritage in the design.

That doesn't mean it won't be effective, it can probably take a volley from all those fancy immortal weapons and lol the enemy fleet to death
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Postby Battlegrinder » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:48 pm

There's no download link in the attachment.
"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Return to LDD Forum