Britannian Prestatyn Class Carrier

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Britannian Prestatyn Class Carrier

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:56 am

Not to long ago, the Scythian navy upgraded its arms with the Tyrant class carrier - a massive blow to the other warring empires with the exception of the Immortals whose own assault carriers are far larger and better armed than most battleships.

The Britannian answer to the Tyrant was the Prestatyn Class Carrier.

While its fighter and bomber compliment is far lower than the Tyrant, it carries far more firepower and speed into the fight - matching its nemesis class in armour and shields on a 1-to-1 basis.

If this will make its mark on the ever changing battles of the galaxy however, still remains to be seen.

-----

(ADDED BONUS - THE .ZIP ATTACHMENT BELOW -ALSO- CONTAINS THE LDD FILES FOR THE EDINBOROUGH CLASS DREADNAUGHT, TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE, NICE EH?)
Attachments
Britannian Edinborough and Prestatyn Classes.zip
(108.83 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Re: Britannian Prestatyn Class Carrier

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:50 pm

So damn pretty.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Theblackdog » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Goddamn, that looks good. I'd go so far as to say it may be your best ship to date - the angled launch bays and engine blocks are a relatively new technique for you but you pull it off flawlessly. The engine nozzles don't quite seem to fit the back of the ship, though... maybe you should change the shape of the engine blocks a bit.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:58 pm

The chunky angular style sort of reminds me of Miyazaki's designs. This is a really good use of chunkiness.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby dilanski » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:06 pm

It's glorious. Even if the name is flying over the head of all the yanks here.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:11 pm

The angled bays and engine blocks actually came into my head during the period of time last night where I was awake and unable to sleep, I'm off work at the moment due to a meningitis "like" virus for a week due to being told not to come back until I have been "better" for at least five days. . . The pain is mind numbing, and the Prestatyn is the result of my trying to distract myself.

Plus, the Britannian empire doesn't have enough Welsh themed Capitol ships, so I needed to fix that.

The Shadowscythe

Postby Theblackdog » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:41 pm

...well shit. Take care of yourself. Have you been in to see a doctor? Meningitis can turn deadly really quickly.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:24 am

I've been shored over with enough painkillers and antibiotics to sink a battleship, my main issue is just getting enough rest, but the half awake / half asleep hallucinating in the middle of the night has been fucking awesome for my inspiration, well - what little I can remember through the pain anyway.

Because of this I have another build idea in my head that will be a bitch and a half to build, a space elevator on a tidily locked planet (so it doesn't spin) the base of which was simply fucking enormous, a massive base/city/arcology that could only be described as "America, all of it" in size that supported the elevator itself, which was easily thick enough to hold an object the size of the moon in its circumference, which is good - because it fucking did. It used the planets moon as the mooring anchor on the other side and then built around it to the point that only it's outer surface was still visible from the "top" facing space, with a fucking theme park on it (yes, I blame futurama) and the rest of the structure was built in a horizontal hook shape holding just about everything you would expect a country sized space station to hold.

Building this fuck will be something else. Building it to scale. . .

Fucking hell my head hurts too much already.

The Shadowscythe

Return to LDD Forum