setting parts as group?

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

setting parts as group?

Postby Battlegrinder » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:48 am

Is there any way to set a group of LDD parts as a group within a large model, so that the entire assembly can be moved without individually selecting them? I've tried using the "select connected" tool, but it doesn't work because the parts I'm trying to use it on are attached to the rest of the model with tongue and groove rails , which seem to count as 'connected' as far as LDD is concerned.
"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Re: setting parts as group?

Postby dilanski » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:06 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:Is there any way to set a group of LDD parts as a group within a large model

Like the, I don't know, 'Groups' tab? That might work.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby Battlegrinder » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:03 pm

dilanski wrote:
Battlegrinder wrote:Is there any way to set a group of LDD parts as a group within a large model

Like the, I don't know, 'Groups' tab? That might work.

I'll give that a shot. I've been having some trouble getting the group tab to work with multiple copies of the same assembly (it keeps selecting only the original instead of one of the clones). But I'll keep working on it and try to figure out how to make it do what I want it to.
"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Falk » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:57 am

The group will only select what you grouped, not copies of it.if you want to easily move multiple same groups around, then you'll have to group each one on it's own. You can add parts into the group by selecting extra parts and adding them with the green arrow next to the group.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Return to LDD Forum