Question about hinges

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Question about hinges

Postby Battlegrinder » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:34 am

Is there a way to set up a number of hinges that are physically connected to one another so that they all turn at the same time? The main issue is when I have pivots or hinges attached in such a way that they can't move independently (such as having a pair of Technic rods attached to joints at each end).I've tried using the hinge align tool to link them together, but it hasn't work (probably misusing the tool).

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Re: Question about hinges

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:56 pm

I read on Eurobricks that the hinge align tool was broken but that was a couple of updates ago so I'm not sure if that's still the case. I haven't yet been able to make complex hinge connections and I haven't tried for more than two linked. I found that I could create the illusion by placing pieces near one another but only actually making a connection in one place. That's all well and good for a two parter but it puts a cog-like construction well outside the realm of possibility. Maybe someone knows something I don't, though.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Return to LDD Forum