Tairin Federation

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Re: Tairin Federation

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:56 pm

RunsWithLegos wrote:wait, do the scorps only stay in the air? or are they ground troops as well? if so then i am mistaken, but i stay with it cause variety is the spice of death.
...Have you gone through and actually read this thread?

Eh, might as well do another Overwatch anyways:
THE BUGS!

The Pseudo-Arachnid Empire was one of the first interstellar civilizations the Tairin Federation made contacted with.
In the begining the Arachnids tried to establish friendly relations with the Federation, but negotiations broke down quickly when the Tairin ambassador began insulting the Empress herself, calling her things like "a disgusting fat-ass".
Enraged at this slight against their great queen's gloriously engorged thorax, the Bugs now wage ceaseless war against Federal feces and their "Bitchy" leaders.

The Worker
Coupling the versatile adaptability of the upper humanoid torso with the rugged dependability of a more arthropodic frame, the intelligent Worker is well suited for a variety of task, including building and interacting with minifigs.
Unfortunately, their civilization's lack of non-biologically based teknology leaves them mostly unequipped for a fight, needing to scavenge weapons from fallen enemies.
Most similar to the "Queen" caste, a Workers pride herself on the resemblance and is the only other Bug to possess a mutagenic bite that will turn the victim into another Worker.
(Basically, I'm thinking that it'd work like the poison rules where once a minifig succumb to it, they go into a "cocoon stage" before eventually being replaced by a Worker with all their equipment and sharing their skill dice.)

The Blast Scorpion
Originally engineered for tunneling and demolition work, the Arachnid Empire has found that the powerful, shotgun-like blast of bio-plasma a Blast Scorpion fires from the end of its tail makes an excellent weapon.

The Hunter
The forager caste, sent out to locate sources of food or hunt down more elusive prey.
It'd normally have a stinger filled with paralytic venom to compliment its scimitar-like jaws, but the War with the Tairins has resulted in a variation with the ability to fire Bio-plasma bolts.

The Warrior
The noble and fearless protectors of the Hive.
When compared to the weak pathetic "soldiers" of Minifig armies, the Bug Warrior is a terrifying engine of slaughter.

While former Warriors were developed with scything blades on their forelimbs, current generations have been altered so that they'll grow a faster firing, longer range variation of the bio-plasma organ found on the Blast Scorpion's tail instead.
They also have an extra eye on each to help aim these weapons.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:00 pm

god damn i am a trard :I eh it happens completely forgot that blast scops are not the flying ones

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:12 pm

RunsWithLegos wrote:god damn i am a trard

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Horseman, your thoughts on the updates?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:17 pm

Is this somewhat inspired by Earthworm Jim? It sounds familiar.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Whiteagle wrote:Horseman, your thoughts on the updates?
I guess it's all cool, i don't have any problems with nothing. Although, if you got a physical brick version of the Warrior, those feet would probably have a very hard time standing up like that. What you need are some Tank Bugs.

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Beetle like things for Tanks, that's just my suggestion.
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Silverdream wrote:Is this somewhat inspired by Earthworm Jim? It sounds familiar.
Well it's mostly Starship Troopers film, but yeah, I probably did subconsciously copy Queen Slug-for-a-butt as the template for the Queen Caste.

Then again, there are a lot of other examples of Woman-Bug hybrids with a human torso and huge egg-laying thoraxes...
And both sides are run by stereotypical females...
IVhorseman wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:Horseman, your thoughts on the updates?
I guess it's all cool, i don't have any problems with nothing. Although, if you got a physical brick version of the Warrior, those feet would probably have a very hard time standing up like that. What you need are some Tank Bugs.
Eh, I'll cross that bridge if and when I come to it...

Though I don't know about "Tank Bugs"...
Warriors are kind of the Arachnids armor units and I'd have two or three of them on the field...
Kastrenzo wrote:Beetle like things for Tanks, that's just my suggestion.
...And I really don't want to think about how many bricks it take to make a Tanker Bug...

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:48 pm

I never watched Starship Troopers, When I said Beetle tank I didn't mean something that big. Lol..

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:I never watched Starship Troopers, When I said Beetle tank I didn't mean something that big. Lol..
Well if that's the case, it'd probably be just some variation of the Blast Scorpion...
But remember, the Blast Scorpion is a Bug that totes a BlastGun from the 2010 edition Brikwars rules, and I'd hopefully make a half dozen or more.

And in any case, the only thing bigger on the Tairin Federation side then the Athena Battlemech I'm currently dreaming up would be the Tairin Dropship, which is basically going to be the equal to an Arachnid Queen.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:13 pm

I've only played around with Minifig parts on LDD, I'm assuming you're going to try to get physical versions of your creations.

Does LDD/Lego allow you to order all the parts from your creation at once or something? because if it didn't, it'd be a hell of a time trying to get all the parts for some of those things,

I know it gives you instructions for your creations, some of them are kind of ass-backwards though it's kind of funny.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:I've only played around with Minifig parts on LDD, I'm assuming you're going to try to get physical versions of your creations.

Does LDD/Lego allow you to order all the parts from your creation at once or something? because if it didn't, it'd be a hell of a time trying to get all the parts for some of those things,

I know it gives you instructions for your creations, some of them are kind of ass-backwards though it's kind of funny.
Well they just recently removed the "Design by Me" function, which did allow you to do that...

But converting the instructions to HTML will give you a parts list at the end, INCLUDING the crucial part numbers you'll need to order them after market.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:26 pm

they can never make anything simple can they..

I wish you could have just bought minifig parts seperatley, in whatever quantity you want, Stormtroopers for example.

But nooo, You have to buy them in $15 sets, 1 guy at a time.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:they can never make anything simple can they..

I wish you could have just bought minifig parts seperatley, in whatever quantity you want, Stormtroopers for example.

But nooo, You have to buy them in $15 sets, 1 guy at a time.
Or you could use Bricklink...

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Post by SnakeMittens » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Would the Bugs possible want an alliance with the Ilun Taldea?