Praetorian Fleet Yard

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Re: Praetorian Fleet Yard

Post by cleanupcrew » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:11 pm

dilanski wrote:...Don't worry, I'll be back to building Supa-Deathnoughts in no time...
:D

Gonna make another crack at longest dreadnought?

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Colette wrote:
dilanski wrote:...Don't worry, I'll be back to building Supa-Deathnoughts in no time...

Other than the angel (Which isn't a crewed vessel) there's something bigger than an Inexorable?
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:16 pm

dilanski wrote:
Colette wrote:

Other than the angel (Which isn't a crewed vessel) there's something bigger than an Inexorable?
Well no, but even if you don't count the angel you can still beat yourself.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Colette wrote:
dilanski wrote:
Colette wrote:

Well no, but even if you don't count the angel you can still beat yourself.
I am tempted to go bigger, with the new plasma weapons and some huge missiles I've had lying around. Thing is I'd want a 'Extinction Level Event' weapon, something that'll blow hemisphere's away, but haven't had a good enough idea for one that looks cool.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:06 am

dilanski wrote:
Out of nowhere the Praetorian Navy expressed an interest in acquiring vast amounts of the super dense De-187 gas, and were willing to award a lucrative contract to whoever could supply it, multiple Industrial firms jumped to put in place the infrastructure to meet the demands. In the end the internal group P.G. were awarded to contract, due to both brown envelopes and there fleet of new Tycoon Mass Haulers.

These vessels are a joint project of 12 corporations from 8 different empires. Built with superior hyper-drive and capacity, for that reason they are slowly becoming a common site in space lanes across galaxies.

Tycoon vessels are larger than most battleships, and have room for up to 6 large cargo 'containers', the vessel shown here is a P.G. vessel, with their propriety gas canisters. These vessels are designed to run off a skeleton of crew, 12 being the minimum recommended although twice that is more common. extended communications suites come as standard, at the request of J&H deep space salvage, and also have a small hangar bay built in, normally for shuttles and drones, but also for defence craft, which came from the input of Yellow Frog hauling Ltd.

A feature special to this hauler is it's ability to rotate around the hull, to increase accessibility of the cargo, already some stations have special cargo racks built to dock with Tycoons in this mode so that unloading can be near instantaneous.

----------------

I rarely build non-military craft, so this was a much needed change. Don't worry, I'll be back to building Supa-Deathnoughts in no time. the vessel is inspired heavily by the Rorqual from Eve, even the 'flipping', although that vessel does it because it feels like, not for something useful.

Empty Variant
P.G. Variant

Feel free to use this in vignettes, battles, Repaint it, strap guns to it, etc.
Perfect . . . civilian targets.

On another note I have finally located my old external HDD with my LDD files on it, excpect a mass of Scythe related stuff uploaded soon.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:00 pm

Sorry for poor quality, my camera is MIA, so these were taken on my little Nokia 520 (It's a cracker for anyone after a cheap smartphone, but the camera's awful for close-ups.)

It's Hardsuit time! Just a set of 3 suits.

They're based scythe's SIBAS design (Or the PA-42 Phoenix), only with some alterations. There primary weapon system is integrated, with the choice being between a standard Minigun or the more powerful Naga weapons system. Rather than use a camera for the controllers feed, an array of sensors are embedded within the suits 'head' that pick up on particulate radiation, the result is slightly more disorientating for the pilot as they can only see in intensity, not wavelength, but provides them with all the information they could possibly need.

As for name I'm currently going with Seraph, to fit in with the names, Exodus & Heathen, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm chucking these into a battle for this years HH, and Immortal-War, so decided to post them now.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:37 pm

A new ship, and a new way of presenting them, which I probably will not use again often, partly because I'm awful at graphic design, and partly because this took way too long. This ship marks the official start of the 'Phase 3' Naval program, with more to follow, let's just say, if you like really long text posts with lots of useless details and ego-stroking, then I've a treat for you.
Spoiler
Show
For those who don't get the bottom right references, they're nods to:
BAE Systems: A UK defence contractor, when they aren't ripping off the British tax payer, they're building experimental rail-guns for America.
Hawker Siddley: Made the Harrier, which has engrained itself in the minds of all Brits because of the Falklands mainly, to the point where people were complaining when the 40 year old plane was retired.
Supermarine: Spitfire, really all that needs to be said.
Rolls Royce: Couldn't come up with a good twist, so went with initials, when they aren't producing incredibly expensive luxury vehicles, they're making Powerplants for an incredibly expensive American destroyer.

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:41 pm

"Friction Ribbing"

Pretorian battleships, now ribbed for her pleasure.
Spoiler
Show

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:40 pm

"For the crimes committed by our people, only one sentence is permissible, to forever fly the dark skies, and to forever be vigilant against those who'd seek to destroy it. Only the blood of our warriors will wash away the sins, only the scorched hulls of our enemies will serve as offerings, on the battlefields across the universe will be where we find our Vindication" - Extract from 'Odysseus Redemption', an obscure ancient legend.

Vindication battle-cruisers are one of the few Praetorian ships that depart from the 40:40:20 standard, that is ~40% of the vessels armament with a 180 degree arc on each side, and the rest covering forward and aft blind spots. Instead, it's layout is to maximise forward concentration of its Fire Tempest turrets, along with two 'Penultimate' lasers. designed to be a glass cannon, armour is concentrated in the forward armoured head, primary C&C, and protective plates for the main reactor, elsewhere in the ship is devoid of protection, beyond it's shields. This strategic, all or nothing armouring affords the ship more manoeuvrability over similarly sized vessels. These factors make it a brilliant 'Marauding' vessel, to move around the battlefield and take out opportune targets, and evade ships that'd make quick work of its paper shell.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:49 pm

Awesome. This is definitely one of your coolest ships yet.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:26 pm

Code: Select all

--Notice to all Praetorian Vessels--

This is a standing order to every Praetorian vessel currently assigned to any mission deemed criticality gamma or less. You are to return to your assigned maintenance point for an emergency roll out if the InBlue operating system, ahead of the planned release next year. This refit will include new computer hardware and software for all ships, as well as part of the OS the 'Jerome' AI will be part of the upgrade. All officers are reminded that this AI is not limited to your own vessel, but is the same entity across every ship simultaneously, it does not however present a security risk. failure to not comply with this order without proper reason, or first attempting to contact your maintenance point, will result in court martial.
Claudia Wright wrote:Redacted Supplement - 3:22

I've spent more time with the AI, and from an exterior view looks exactly like the AI on the Inexorable, and having looked through the ships computers a bit more, I've found it all tied up to the InBlue OS. It seems at some point they finally put it in every ship. I've tried asking him directly, but he wasn't forthcoming, that's AI for you, but looking over logs, he was doing what the planned version was intended for, up until he cam back in time, he was a single entity, a single AI, tied into every ship in the fleet.

Supplement - 3:43

I pulled up his black box, that lets the AI still work when the ship is cut off, and managed to find something interesting, the AI has unique subroutines coded directly into it, and has already become a single AI with the Inexorable counterpart, I wonder if they'e noticed anything over there?

Final Redacted Supplement - 3:52

The AI pulled me over while I was working, and said something kind of unnerving... At this point he's freaking me out. Apparently being away split into two consciousnesses and then left stuck in limbo to all of a sudden by people in white coats will freak an AI just as much as a human. He knows he's now part of the Inexorable, and what he said then worried me deeply... he seemed kind of mad, mentally that is, going on about a virus he must stop, that he needs to be 'everywhere' to stop it, or else 'it will all burn'... I'm going to scrub these logs, they're of no use anyway, I'll just report my findings to the Inexorable, and tell them to be on their guard.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Wed May 21, 2014 8:18 pm

As an active member of the Allied Nations, Praetoria has always believed in providing it's 'fair share' of security. Since the NATO formation, this became less of a priority, but recent events have reminded us that the AN requires it's own independent security.

It is rumoured that Praetorian Fleet Command has some 500 Vendetta battleships currently mothballed, all leftovers from the AN-TA war. The class of ship was long considered obsolete, but the hull and systems are believed by some to still be high grade. After seeing RARCom's conversion of several Vendetta hulls into the Confoundedon class, they were brought in to work along side PAEN Systems to come up with a 'next generation refit' for the hull, with rumours circling this will lead to an Advanced class full hull conversion at some stage. Also being brought to the table is an AN pattern Heathen Advanced, which massively increases the firepower any AN security or Peacekeeper task-force can bring to space engagements.
Spoiler
Show
This post is me flicking through my old models, seeing the old AN pattern Vendetta, and thinking it could do with an update, I then did the Heathen in the same style, and thought the screenshot I got was nice enough to warrant sharing. As always, if you want these models for anything, just ask.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:14 am

At the time of there construction, the Exodus Siege Dreadnoughts were some of the most formidable warships around, and the pride of the Praetorian Empire. The arrival of an Exodus in orbit signalled the start of a bloody, and long siege. As military technology advanced, and the largest warships of other factions began to be more readily deployed to meet the threats of an ever growing meta, the Exodus became outmatched in ship to ship combat, with only its unyielding defensive capability, and proficiency at orbital bombardment, keeping them relevant.

With the gains from the Apotheosis program bringing high-density heavy gas storage batteries, and advanced heat dispersion techniques, it became clear both of FleetCom's heaviest hitters could do with a refresh, and while replacing the Inexorable vessels would take an massive amount of time and resources, bringing the smaller ships up to above standard, would be a relatively 'simple' procedure.

The immediately noticeable gains for the newly minted Exodus Advanced Class is the massive gain in firepower, with a 6 fold increase in the sheer energy output of its main weapons system, and the addition of Fire Tempest turrets to bring the vessels secondary armament in line with what a vessel of its size should posses.

The biggest leap forward however has been in its shield capabilities, with a 70% increased ion density, and 120% increase in field refresh rate over its predecessors ability. And while FleetCom hopes to never test this, they believe this class to be able to take direct salvo's from second generation supercapitals, and possibly withstand limited time engagements with third generation vessels while in direct ion feed mode.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:26 pm

Oh, my. So pretty.

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:41 am

"Hyper spacial ribbing"

For her pleasure?
Spoiler
Show