Sky Ruler (LDD RPG)

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Re: Sky Ruler (LDD RPG)

Post by Falk » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Thank you for your aid Falir. We should leave now before it is too late to save Marko.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

mercury19
different
Location: The dark corners of my brooding, angst filled mind.

Post by mercury19 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:01 pm

Patrick's face darkens at the mentions at the mention of the Leorsians. "Thank you for the warning, Falir. I'll be sure not to let any of the lion-men get in the way of our quest."
Ask now what I'm doing, even for me :mystery:

Tzan wrote:
"The frontiers of space are a giant sausage fest." ~ Admiral Ackbar

http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... han_Empire the Avokhan article

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:54 pm

Gentlemen, I've been lazy, but you can count on there being some action this week. If not, then I will make you all sandwiches and mail them to you. If they arrive three weeks late and moldy, you're welcome.
Zupponn wrote:Where the hell did Semaj come from?

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:25 pm

The elf ship crosses Lake Mathos with no difficulty. Soon, the heroes find themselves in the border lands between Myrindol, Leorsia and the dwarf kingdom of Karak Benur.

The heroes must now decide how they will travel to the city of Myrindol. Going directly west, or in a straight line, will certainly be the fastest, but the party will pass very close to the Leorsian city of Camberton. They will be sure to meet a patrol if they go that way.
The party may also travel south for a while, going through the Myrinish towns of Mountain Home and the lands north of Penderham, but Orcs are known to frequently raid that area. There are also many other strange occurrences that have been reported in the many forests in the south-east part of the kingdom.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:35 pm

I vote south-east. Strange occurrences sound interesting. I cannot resist being curious. But also because we were specifically warned off of Leorsians. Orks don't sound much better, of course, but still.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:42 pm

Follow the honorable warriors wherever they decide to go.

mercury19
different

Post by mercury19 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Perhaps if we traveled south, the dwarves can help us. But any way that isn't to Leorsia is fine by me.

Tzan wrote:

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:50 pm

I don't really have a preference, whatever way has the least chance of bad things is probably the best.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:52 pm

The adventurers head south, along the mountains to avoid the Leorsians. On the second day of their journey, they are stopped by a man.

"Oh bless me! You travelers look well armed! Could you please spare a moment and save us? I swear he's gone mad this time!"

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:17 pm

Cast detect evil on this new person, or at least something equivalent.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Hammermann attempts to detects any deceit in the peasant's words.

There is nothing deceitful in the man's intentions.

"Will you help us or not? I'm not sure how much longer we can take this."

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:51 pm

"What seems to be the problem, exactly?"

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:04 pm

"What's the problem? Tolf is the problem! He's usually pretty friendly, but ever since his wife left him, he's been very upset. Perhaps you lot can talk some sense into him. If you make him leave, I'm sure we can find a way to make it worth your while."

mercury19
different

Post by mercury19 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:08 pm

I go up to [Quantumsurfer's character] and whisper "I don't like the idea of getting involved with the Leorsians. The longer we are around them, the more easily exposed I am, and the more likely the fools will turn on us, no matter what good we've done. "

Tzan wrote:

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:05 pm

Yeah, we should maybe create a roster.

I nod in response and turn back to the man. I'll take him aside for a private conversation.

"I can understand your frustration, friend. I know all too well how quickly these situations can escalate. I once knew a chieftain in a far away land who had a similar problem. His wife grew fed up with him. He was always working for the tribe, you see, and was always away from his home. He took her for granted and she, after long suffering, fell in love with another. The chieftain was enraged and became quite the bother for his fellow tribesmen and their neighbors. By coincidence, a group of travelling entertainers was passing through the area at the time. They were well known for their theatrical skill and mastery of the spoken word. The tribesmen struck upon the idea of asking the players for help in helping the Chieftain to come to grips with his loss. The players performed for the chieftain and such was the intensity and poignancy of their performance that the entire tribe was brought to tears by the depth of their leader's loss. But the Chieftain was unmoved and he threw them out from his camp. In the days that followed, he was more intolerable than ever. The tribesmen, one told me later, were stuck. Eventually, one among their number decided that he had had quite enough. He went straight up to the chieftain and had a sit down with him. They talked for hours and hours. Eventually, the other tribesmen got curious and ventured in to listen and converse as well. Surrounded by the warmth and comfort of his friends and family, the Chieftain was moved in a way those poor players could never have managed with all their fancy words and dance routines. He still rules to this day, a beloved leader among his people. I heard he remarried and never made those mistakes again. In fact, it's such an odd coincidence! I was just thinking of him and planned to travel in that direction when my business is done here.

Thus, because you have done me such a great service in helping me to remember this pleasant story. I am more excited than ever to visit some of my old friends. So I'll make you a deal, good man. You think on my words and do what you think is best. If this Tolf still has not seen reason when I make my way back through this area, I'll have a talk with him myself. You have my word."

I'll say this last to him while walking him back to where we started and waving good-bye. I'll calmly gesture the others to move along.