Brikwars Current Events/Canon Summary

A friendly place for friendly people where we all play nice and share.

Moderator: Colette

Forum rules
Play nice with n00bs in the New People threads. Save the abuse, trolling, and pr0n for everywhere else.

Brikwars Current Events/Canon Summary

Postby Colette » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:19 pm

It has been brought to my attention that many newbies are overwhelmed or intimidated by the volume of pre-existing canon on the brikwars forums. For this reason I have compiled a distilled summary of Brikwars lore with an increasing emphasis on more recent events.

Brikwars Lore Primer wrote:Many years ago, the Immortal Empire (led by Warhead) invaded the Gamma Corps homeworld, Fico, thus sparking the Immortal War. Alliances formed, with the trade-heavy Britannian League allying with the Immortal Alliance while the Assyrian Star Empire and the USA joined forces with the Great Scythian Empire, the ringleader of an Anti-Immortal Alliance, and other smaller nations chose sides as well. Thanks to their efforts, the Immortal War has slowed greatly and the main frontlines have been contained to superpower borders for now (read Scythe’s stories for more on this).

The Third Alliance (TA) was then founded by the Bavarian kaiser Otto von Bavaria and backed by the disgruntled former Immortal ally, the Akkadian Empire. The RIN also joined and had power struggles with Bavaria. This neo-German alliance sought their own path of conquest in the brikverse independent of the two established sides. Around this time, Trattoria began revitalizing interest in the Allied Nations (AN).

Rogue elements within the Kingdom of Avalon sent out counterfeit diplomatic communiqués which resulted in the exodus of many TA nations from the AN, prompting several fervent AN-supporters such as Trattoria, Praetoria, and the MASS to declare war on the TA (the AN-TA War). They fought many battles, but ultimately the AN lost when the planet New York was taken in a surprise blitzkrieg launched by the TA. The Space Mafia then took over the TA underworld and have grown larger to this day. Months later, the Praetorian Empire constructed the then-largest ever dreadnought, the Inexorable, and launched an offensive to retake New York. The USA and Scythia also united against the TA, and won the Second Battle Of New York. The AN-TA war began again. The neu-AN banded together into NATO and resolved to silence the Third Alliance once and for all by invading Bavaria, its last active backer.

The Denmark-Empryan war (aka the N00b War) erupted between the egalitarian Denmark and the anti-peach Emprya. The Phaleks and Emeria joined Emprya and formed the PEE Alliance, which then became EPÉEN. Bavaria entered the war in Denmark's defense, and the Trattorians declared war on Emprya until the latter complied with Trattoria's patent laws. After the Invasion of the Danish homeworld Mark, the war ended with the Space Mafia takeover of Emeria

Members interested in medieval Brikwars should look here.

If any member feels that this summary has become out-of-date or is in need of update, please comment or pm me.

As a note to newbies, this should not be construed as a restriction of any sort. Quite the contrary, this canon was created as a collaborative effort between many members, and we encourage you to do the same. Your unique contributions in the present will likely be incorporated into a future version of the summary. You don't even have to participate in it, but I have created this resource due to popular demand from those who want to.

Spoiler: show
CHANGELOG:
-Added wiki link to Otto von Bavaria
-Added N00b War and wiki links
-Got rid of the bits about Trattoria and Siri in the interest of brevity, added sentence about Space Mafia
-Added link to Medivo Battles wiki page
-Added mention of Warhead.
-Added end of Denmark-Empryan War and the ISM takeover of Emeria
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Re: Brikwars Current Events/Canon Summary

Postby Colette » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:28 pm

What follows is a quick rundown of some of the important factions mentioned in the summary above:

Akkadian Empire (piltogg):
Allegiance: Third Alliance
The Akkadian "Empire" constitutes one of the most organised special operations units in the galaxy, conducting research, espionage, and other shady operations from their massive spaceship home, the Juggernaught.

Assyrian Star Empire (Natalya):
Allegiance: Anti-Immortal Alliance
Possessing one of the most powerful armed forces in the brikverse, the Assyrian Star Empire is almost solely dedicated to the cause of exterminating Peaches from the galaxy.

Britannian League (Warhead, Theblackdog, Silverdream, White Nun)
Allegiance: Immortal Alliance
A vast lumbering empire in decline but still full of it's glory and pomp and ceremony, the Britannian League possesses an enormous but outdated navy, and its economy has grown tremendously due to its control of the brikverse's most lucrative trade routes.

Der Reich Von Bavaria (Silverdream):
Despite it's small size, Bavaria has enjoyed a considerable amount of influence on the brikverse through a strong military, subterfuge and advanced magik.

Gamma Corps (Elmagnifico)
The Gamma Corps is a well-known mercenary force, renowned for its prowess in planetary defense and hit-and-run strikes, as well as being the first to fall to the Immortal Empire

Great Scythian Empire (The Shadowscythe)
The Great Scythian Empire is one of the largest superpowers in the galaxy, the spearhead and founder of the Anti-Immortal Alliance, and extremely well-versed in the technology of antimatter.

Immortal Empire (Warhead):
Allegiance: Immortal Alliance
An extraordinarily powerful intergalactic dominion ruled by the regenerative, undying Immortals, the Immortal Empire's entrance into the brikverse sparked the years-long Immortal War and permanently shifted galactic politics.

Praetorian Empire (dilanski):
An empire originating from another galaxy, the Praetorian Empire has mastered intergalactic travel and takes pride in having one of the largest navies in the brikverse.

Republic of Independent Nations (aka RIN) (Robot Monkey):
The RIN was an early entry into the Third Alliance, playing a major role in the organization's politics as well as mastering the exploitation of red-transparent.

Trattorian Empire (colette):
One of the most scientifically-advanced and economically-prosperous nations in the brikverse, the Trattorian Empire offers utopian standard of living to its more intellectual citizens and is unique in its constant advocacy of economic growth over military strength.

United Systems Alliance (silent sigfig):
The largest economy in the brikverse, the USA's democratic government has historically taken an isolationist stance on the brikverse with the threat of its ten carrier groups discouraging direct attack.
Colette

Postby Natalya » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:02 pm

Colette wrote:As a note to newbies, this should not be construed as a restriction of any sort. Quite the contrary, this canon was created as a collaborative effort between many members, and we encourage you to do the same. Your unique contributions in the present will likely be incorporated into a future version of the summary. You don't even have to participate in it, but I have created this resource due to popular demand from those who want to.

Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby BrickArmed » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:52 pm

Natalya wrote:
Colette wrote:As a note to newbies, this should not be construed as a restriction of any sort. Quite the contrary, this canon was created as a collaborative effort between many members, and we encourage you to do the same. Your unique contributions in the present will likely be incorporated into a future version of the summary. You don't even have to participate in it, but I have created this resource due to popular demand from those who want to.

Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own.

Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance... Is futile...
255 char limit?? Hell naw...
I Survived the New Years 2014 AwsomePurge by Shadowscythe
BrickArmed
Hero

Postby Vami IV » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:01 am

Robot Monkey has expressed his unwillingness to return to the forums via minecraft (he despises Silverdream, hint hint), and the RIN should perhaps find a new, loving owner.
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Long range missiles and drone strikes? Son, I'm Semaj Nagirrac. 'Nuff said.
Vami IV
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Duerer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:20 am

Vami IV wrote:(he despises Silverdream, hint hint)

y so?
Duerer
Minifig

Postby Silverdream » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:23 am

Duerer wrote:
Vami IV wrote:(he despises Silverdream, hint hint)

y so?

Because he's jealous of me, just like Bragallot.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Maximus, I'm Dying

Postby Colette » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:35 pm

Vami IV wrote:Robot Monkey has expressed his unwillingness to return to the forums via minecraft (he despises Silverdream, hint hint), and the RIN should perhaps find a new, loving owner.

Robot_Monkey delegated control of the RIN to me until his return. If that period may be indefinite, then so be it.
Colette

Postby Vami IV » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:38 am

Colette wrote:
Vami IV wrote:Robot Monkey has expressed his unwillingness to return to the forums via minecraft (he despises Silverdream, hint hint), and the RIN should perhaps find a new, loving owner.

Robot_Monkey delegated control of the RIN to me until his return. If that period may be indefinite, then so be it.

However long it lasts, of course.
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Long range missiles and drone strikes? Son, I'm Semaj Nagirrac. 'Nuff said.
Vami IV
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby M220 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Just out of curiosity, how many brikverse superpowers are currently in existance?
Mnds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.
M220
Officer

Postby Colette » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:50 pm

M220 wrote:Just out of curiosity, how many brikverse superpowers are currently in existance?

List of Superpowers.

11, apparently.
Colette

Postby Zupponn » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:55 pm

There's criteria to be a Superpower? That seems odd.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Return to New People Start Here