Where to get minifigs?

A friendly place for friendly people where we all play nice and share.

Moderator: Colette

Forum rules
Play nice with n00bs in the New People threads. Save the abuse, trolling, and pr0n for everywhere else.

Re: Where to get minifigs?

Postby Captain-Camper » Mon May 22, 2017 6:20 pm

stubby wrote:
stubby wrote:IP laws work differently in China. Most of these knockoffs would be illegal anywhere else, but China never bought into the whole idea of copyrights and patent protections.

Insert_blank wrote:No bully plz.

Is that bullying? I thought it was just a legitimate difference of perspective. The fact that there are still places that the West hasn't managed to impose its bizarre proscriptivist ideas about IP rights is a mark in their favor, as far as I'm concerned.

Its ok help IB develop some character
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
Captain-Camper
seriously?

Postby stubby » Tue May 23, 2017 2:21 pm

Captain-Camper wrote:Its ok help IB develop some character

Maybe in other subforums, but New People Start Here is where we practice playing nice. And in any case I really do think super-prioritization of IP rights is kind of creepy, even as an IP creator myself, so I'm glad there are alternate views in different parts of the world to keep us questioning them.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby Omega Prime » Tue May 23, 2017 11:06 pm

http://uploads.brickset.com/docs/clonebrands_v1.5.pdf
This is an ass of a lot of different clone brands and which knockoffs are actually good and which ones are terrible
It's a rather long pdf, so be cautioned, WALLS OF TEXT
just check out the minifig scores.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Postby AZKAMAT » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:49 pm

If you utilize Bricklink just try and play around with the refine search settings to save yourself a headache. You can control, for example, the seller's location (good for simplicity's sake if you're in the U.S.) or Shipping Destination (good for small countries with low seller counts).
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image
AZKAMAT
Minifig

Postby Hamahaki » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Omega Prime wrote:http://uploads.brickset.com/docs/clonebrands_v1.5.pdf
This is an ass of a lot of different clone brands and which knockoffs are actually good and which ones are terrible
It's a rather long pdf, so be cautioned, WALLS OF TEXT
just check out the minifig scores.

I believe there was a google sites page that had an ass of TONs of clone brands and their quality and such
Banned from both brikwars discords 3 times
Hamahaki
Officer

Previous

Return to New People Start Here