Page 5 of 7

Re: Path to the Grail

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:03 pm
by piltogg
So, I have been reading this a second time through as it was mentioned on facebook and have made two new discoveries that had previously gone unnoticed:

1. the source of the name okka-wakka

2. random axe of violence = random acts of kindness (?)



Also, I highly recommend that anyone interested read through all QoP stuff, and Krsto, and battle of the head separator and possibly even hope's last stand in a row, as virtually everything that happened was mentioned or referenced in some way during this already.

Re: Path to the Grail

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:04 pm
by Alcatraz
Um, how come it's taking so long. I know you have other stuff but it's been a while.

Re: Path to the Grail

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:42 pm
by Colette
Alcatraz wrote:Um, how come it's taking so long. I know you have other stuff but it's been a while.

For example, Brikwars 2010...

EDIT: I still haven't given up on BW:TCG either.

Re: Path to the Grail

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:28 pm
by stubby
Alcatraz wrote:Um, how come it's taking so long. I know you have other stuff but it's been a while.

Because I had to move and then my bosses put me on a project where I got stuck doing 250 hours of unpaid overtime on top of my regular full-time schedule.  Why, what have you contributed?

Re: Path to the Grail

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:19 am
by stubby
Seriously though, since I was moving and everything's packed up into boxes, I've been putting my free time into updating the rulebook instead. I haven't uploaded in awhile, but work is still going on behind the scenes.

Re: Path to the Grail

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:32 am
by Kalvinator
Just a quick question...how well does Lego pay. Nothing exact, just it'd be cool to know.

Re: Path to the Grail

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:21 am
by Silverdream
stubby wrote:Seriously though, since I was moving and everything's packed up into boxes, I've been putting my free time into updating the rulebook instead. I haven't uploaded in awhile, but work is still going on behind the scenes.


Yeah, just like how Warhead's working on Fico.

Re: Path to the Grail

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:44 am
by Craigallot
Fair's fair, Warhead did pretty much say Fico got cancelled and hinted it would be a MSO instead a while back.

Re: Path to the Grail

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:23 am
by stubby
Kalvinator wrote:Just a quick question...how well does Lego pay. Nothing exact, just it'd be cool to know.

Generally a good chunk less than what other companies pay for the same jobs.  Everyone who works here knows they could be getting paid a lot more somewhere else.

I used to make pretty crazy money because I was working freelance and could set my own hours and rate.  I made $33k in a single month once when I was just starting out, but I was working so many hours it just about killed me. Now I'm just salary, so I this year I'm trying to keep my schedule down to 60-80 hours a week when I can.  Which is a big improvement.

Re: Path to the Grail

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:24 am
by Zupponn
I guess if you enjoy what you're doing it's not that bad.

Re: Path to the Grail

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:28 pm
by Craigallot
That is pretty important. Take my dad, for example, he makes a lot of money, but his job is literally killing him.

Re: Path to the Grail

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:04 pm
by BrickSyd
stubby wrote:this year I'm trying to keep my schedule down to 60-80 hours a week when I can.  Which is a big improvement.


I work 40-45 hours a week and you're making me feel like I'm so lazy..

Re: Path to the Grail

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:39 pm
by Silverdream
BrickSyd wrote:
stubby wrote:this year I'm trying to keep my schedule down to 60-80 hours a week when I can.  Which is a big improvement.


I work 40-45 hours a week and you're making me feel like I'm so lazy..


I work three hours a week. Now who's the laziest?

Re: Path to the Grail

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:17 pm
by Tzan
Me!
In the entire month of April I only worked 5 hours.

Oh wait, thats not a good thing. :cry:

Re: Path to the Grail

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:33 am
by Kalvinator
I love that about 90% of my motivation to get a job is to have money for Legos