Revolt of the Lingoni

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Coriolanus
Hero

Revolt of the Lingoni

Post by Coriolanus » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:28 pm

[Note: This is a prelude to an upcoming forum battle.]

Cincinnatus: "The news from the north is far worse than we had been lead to believe from early reports. All of the tribes are in turmoil and the Lingoni are in open revolt. At the heart of it seems to be young warrior named Celtillos."
"He claims to be the grandson of the former High-King of Gall, but he went into hiding after his parents were killed during the subjugation. Our best reports say that he has attracted quite a few followers from among the young, who have not yet seen Rome's power displayed,although some the the elders have gone with him also."

Coriolanus: "What is the danger there? We need simply to march north and kill him. Barbarians have no discipline. The moment we break their ranks they will flee to their homes."

Cincinnatus: "But they are not alone. They have asked the Drakhirri for aid and they have answered."

Cincinnatus: "Right now every moment the revolting army is in the field exacerbates the situation. Aemilius Paulus, take the I Legion and contain the situation as best as possible."

Cincinnatus: "The Senate has authorized the raising of a new legion. Coriolanus, you will be in charge of their training, then make all hast to join Aemilius Paulus before the rivers rise too high to be forded."
"Valere my friends. The Senate and People of Rome expect success, and I know they have trusted in good hands."
"For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?" Mark 8:35-36

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Re: Revolt of the Lingoni

Post by Brikguy0410 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Dude, if there are gonna be any Spartans involved here I want, I have ancestors from Sparta so that would mean a lot to me

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:Dude, if there are gonna be any Spartans involved here I want, I have ancestors from Sparta so that would mean a lot to me
Learn to history, this is quite obviously Romans and Gauls, why are you so silly.
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:19 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:Dude, if there are gonna be any Spartans involved here I want, I have ancestors from Sparta so that would mean a lot to me
I have ancestors as well. It would mean a lot to me if some random guy on the internet dedicated his lego creations to some people from thousands of years ago that may or may not have really been related to me.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:44 pm

Oh I'm part English, may I have the closest thing to english you can get in a forum battle. So Brickguy everyone has ancestors, but let me give you a hint, no one cares!
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:38 pm

I'm part Irish. I demand reparations from Alphafalcon.

Also, nice soap. We don't get enough pre-medieval stuff in the forum.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Brikguy0410

Post by Brikguy0410 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:02 am

loafofcheese wrote:
Learn to history, this is quite obviously Romans and Gauls, why are you so silly.
He said he was building a spartan faction, also to my knowledge, Greece was around the same time period

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:39 am

Brikguy0410 wrote: He said he was building a spartan faction, also to my knowledge, Greece was around the same time period
Here is what happened:

6. Sparta & Athens et al. vs Persians
7. Sparta vs Athens
8. Alexander the Great vs Persians
9. Romans vs the World

In other words, Greece and hence Sparta were a Roman province by the time Rome was fighting the Gauls.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:07 am

We're probably all a little related to Genghis Khan.

Anyhow, I'm happy to see pre-medieval content!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Brikguy0410

Post by Brikguy0410 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:38 am

Apollyon wrote:
Brikguy0410 wrote: He said he was building a spartan faction, also to my knowledge, Greece was around the same time period
Here is what happened:

6. Sparta & Athens et al. vs Persians
7. Sparta vs Athens
8. Alexander the Great vs Persians
9. Romans vs the World

In other words, Greece and hence Sparta were a Roman province by the time Rome was fighting the Gauls.
Yes, but Romans adopted a lot from Greek culture, they basically ripped off Greek mythology and changed the name of the gods, that's not a speculation either, the Romans would openly say that, they also adopted a lot of archatechuail stuff, yes I aware of the spelling error

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:48 pm

Archatechuail Designer

That's what is written on my business card.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:15 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:Yes, but Romans adopted a lot from Greek culture, they basically ripped off Greek mythology and changed the name of the gods, that's not a speculation either, the Romans would openly say that, they also adopted a lot of archatechuail stuff, yes I aware of the spelling error
Yeah, but none of that stuff was from Sparta. They ripped off Athenian and Minoan culture, for the simple reason that Athenians and Minoans were better than Spartans in just about every way possible, and Spartans came up with a big fat zero culture-wise.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Brikguy0410

Post by Brikguy0410 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:49 pm

stubby wrote:
Brikguy0410 wrote:Yes, but Romans adopted a lot from Greek culture, they basically ripped off Greek mythology and changed the name of the gods, that's not a speculation either, the Romans would openly say that, they also adopted a lot of archatechuail stuff, yes I aware of the spelling error
Yeah, but none of that stuff was from Sparta. They ripped off Athenian and Minoan culture, for the simple reason that Athenians and Minoans were better than Spartans in just about every way possible, and Spartans came up with a big fat zero culture-wise.
Im actually more Athenian than spartan, im a mix , also im polish and french, im spartan on my dads side, athenian on my moms also they still had temples, but they really only prayed to ares, the god of war,

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:07 pm

stubby wrote:[Spartans came up with a big fat zero culture-wise.
Bullshit
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:17 pm

haha, Sigfig wins

/thread
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE