Arc of H.B Chapter of A New Face in Hell COMPLETE 10/31

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

Arc of H.B Chapter of A New Face in Hell COMPLETE 10/31

Postby Insert_blank » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:16 am

Previous soap: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=14014&p=308400#p308400

Forum 14: Arc of Human Behavior Arc Chapter of A New Face in Hell Episode the first

A meeting of the Quantum Surfers has been called. Colette, the de facto leader is first to arrive with her supporters Silverdream and Scratch.

Surprisingly the Triumvirate (also known as the Old Guard) are next to arrive. Natalya, TheShadowScythe and Warhead, though mostly benevolent through inaction were recently implicated in the Ibcident and thus have decided to weigh in on matters of the Brikverse.

ZahruII and his protegee KommanderKen also trek out from Medivo to join in on the meeting. Zahru considers himself neutral and in fact set apart from the rest of the 'verse because of Medivo's unique properties. He only came because of Duerer's request to have as many Surfers as possible at this particular meeting.

Quantum, Duerer, BFenix and MGB also show up. The four consider themselves neutral as well but while Zahru believes in a hand off approach to politics, these four are actively looking for a peaceful solution to the Ibcident.

Last to arrive is Nimja. Why is he here again?

"Well then, I will call this meeting to order," Colette begins.

Colette: "As you are all well aware Quantum Surfer Ib has been running amok and messing in the affairs of the lower planes. His actions cannot go unpunished!"

Silverdream: "Ib's a nice guy but he's gone too far this time. He's acting like a spoiled child. We just need to talk with him and make him see reason."

Colette: "I also wish to announce my retirement from active duty. I am passing the status of leader to MGB. Please step forward."

MGB: "Guys, it's really an honor. I will do my best as leader of the Brikverse, specifically the Four-Rums. I think we can all work out this misunderstanding and get back to causing chaos on the lower planes."

Zahru: "Is this it? Are you guys just going to stand around talking shit on each other and then talking up your sanctions and rules? What kind of leadership is this? On Medivo if we want something done we do it. Actions speak louder than words. Come on, Ken. We're leaving."

Zahru grumbles to himself and Ken follows behind.
Ken: "Nice seeing you guys!"

Warhead and Scythe turn to leave as well.
Warhead: "Zahru is right. This meeting is dull. There isn't even any beer or hookers!"
TSS: "Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer!"

Duerer looks around at the gathered Surfers.
Duerer: "What a state we're all in. We act like friends on the outside but in fact we're all looking out for ourselves. What happened to the exciting tales of derring-do and the fun? This isn't even fun anymore.

As Nimja turns to leave he feels something hard and cold pressed against the small of his back.
NImja: "Why Colette, is that a gun I feel or are you just happy to see me?"
Colette: "Can it, Nimja. You're already on pretty thin fucking ice. Come with me and keep quiet."

Colette: "I know you're spying on us for Ib. I won't allow you to return to him. He's been such a thorn in my side. How am I supposed to manage the other Surfers if he's running around free?
Nimja: "But Colette, you quit being the leader. MGB is the boss now."
Colette: "Since you won't be going back alive I don't mind telling you the truth. MGB is a simple pawn. As leader all eyes are on me. If MGB is handling all the day to day things I can afford to get my hands dirty. Like I always say, you can't trust others to take care of important tasks. And right now subjugating Ib is top on my list.
Nimja: "Quantum Surfers can't be killed so how do you propose you'll stop me from reaching Ib and telling the rest of the Surfers about this?"

Colette: "You're a fan of that GrimDarkger show, aren't you? It's much too immature for an intellectual like myself but there was one good idea in last week's episode. I think I'll just keep you locked in this Quantum Cage for the rest of eternity."
Nimja: "Wait, so you hate the show but watch it every week?"
Colette: "I don't have to explain myself to the likes of you. Besides, you're the idiot in the cage and I'm the genius with the key. Goodbye, Nimja. I can't say it was a pleasure knowing you."

Some time later...
Colette: "Well MGB that's everything you need to know to take over. I just have one last thing for you."

Colette: This is the official uniform. Wear it with pride and respect and make the Brikverse the great place we both know it can be."
MGB: "Thank you, Colette. I'll do you proud, I promise."

MGB: "Ah, Duerer, BFenix. Come in.
Duerer: "You called for us, sir?"
MGB: "Yes, I have decided that under my administration I will need trusted Surfers to act as a kind of special forces against our enemies. You two will be my first Special Operators. You will answer directly to me and work to safeguard the Brikverse."
Duerer and BF: "Sir! Thank you, Sir!"

MGB: "What do you think of your new outfits? Stylish, right? Let's go gentlemen, we have a universe to save."

The three men leave and Scratch appears from behind the corner.
Scratch: "The pieces are in place and the game has begun. It might be time for me to make my move..."
Last edited by Insert_blank on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Just Monika
Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Re: Arc of Human Behavior Chapter of A New Face in Hell

Postby runnybabbit223 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:43 am

MOAR
3... 2... 1... DRAGONS!
runnybabbit223
worth a try if your desprate

Postby Silverdream » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:39 am

I'm much more zealous than that.
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Kommander Ken » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:51 am

Me and Zahru = Bros4life.  8)
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby Zupponn » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:15 pm

I hope I get to mess someone's plans up.
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Postby Scratch » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:33 pm

The pieces are in place and the game has begun. It might be time for me to make my move...
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.

Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.

Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.
Scratch
Reihawk

Postby Zahru II » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:08 am

Kommander Ken wrote:Me and Zahru = Bros4life.  8)

OTP confirmed

I also really liked your take on the sigfig.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby Insert_blank » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:36 pm

Just copied him as  best I could with the pieces I had. The weapon looks pretty cool imo but I have no idea how it works.
Just Monika
Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Postby Insert_blank » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:00 am

Forum 14: Arc of Human Behavior Arc Chapter of A New Face in Hell Episode the second
Duerer's Story: Part 1

MGB: "Vami, Bfenix, Duerer. I want to introduce our newest Special Operative.

MGB: "You may remember him as an ally of Ib but I can assure you Nimja is on our side now."

Nimja: "..."

MGB: "Now on to the business at hand. We've been getting strange reports throughout the Brikverse about skeletons running amok. Ib has been seen on multiple occasions summoning skeletons through his Nekromancy. Duerer I want you to go investigate."

Duerer: "As you command, Administrator."

Frederick: "Special Operative Duerer, I've been asked to accompany you with our new Bavarian Policebots."

Duerer: "Very well, let's go."

At Ib's hideout...

Duerer: "Hmm, doesn't look like anyone is home. Honestly I didn't want to get involved in all of this but MGB is our leader now. Better to go with the flow, I guess."

Duerer: "Yup. Empty. I figured as much."

???: "Hello there, boys. Looking for someone?"

Secret Agent: "The skeletons have made contact with Duerer, sir. All is going according to plan."
Voice on the Other End: "Very good. Maintain survelliance."

Ib's Story: Part 1

ZahruII: "Ib. What are you doing here?"
Ib: "Zahru, I'm here to ask you for a favor."

ZahruII: "A favor?! Are you crazy? I told you a hundred times I'm not interested in your revolution. Go sell it to someone who cares."

Ib: "This isn't about my fued with Colette. I'm just asking you to design a ship. A airship to be precise. You're one of the best builders around, I know if anyone can make an airship it'd be you."

ZahruII: "And what makes you think I'd agree?"

Ib: "Because you and I both know you can't resist a chance to put your building skills to the test. So, what do you say?"

ZahruII: "Damn you, Ib. You've got a deal. But it'll take years to build."

Ib: "That's fine. If there's one thing I have it's time. Oh, by the way. Bjork_Bot is really in need of an upgrade. Can you handle it for me? Thanks, man."

ZahruII: "Could you at least try to blend in? This is my world and I try to keep the folk here away from all your dumbass space-drama."

Ib: "Will do. Any idea of a place where I could wet my whistle?"

KommanderKen: "There's a great little Inn not too far from here. I was there, oh, 10 years ago. Great service if you know what I mean. ;-)"

Ib: "Thanks, I'll check it out. Behave for Zahru, BB."
Bjork_Bot: "Yes, sir."

A few hours later...
A small inn at a crossroads. A heroic party of adventures is kicking back a few drinks after a hard-days monster slaying and questing. The son of the matron sweeps the floor nearby listening for tales of adventure.

Matron: "Ben, come over here and prepare the next round of drinks for our guests."

The adventurers are talking loudly with each other about the days exploits. Apparently the ninja bailed the archer out of a serious jam involving some green slimes.

A black cloaked stranger sits in the corner, sipping his wine.

Outside a group of soldiers approaches the entrance.

Dragon Knight Commander: "Wench, some refreshments for my men and I! We have just cleared the pass of the goblin infestation and have worked up a mighty hunger!"

The Dragon Knights enjoy a hearty feast.

The young boy, Ben, looks on with open disdain at the Dragon Knights. They are known for their feroity both in and out of battle and as a result are not popular with the common folk.

The commander takes a mighty pull of her ale and heartily chomps away at her drumstick.

Ben: "Mom, why do we have to put up with these Dragon Knights? They're brutes."

Matron: "That they are, son, but they keep the area safe from monsters. We had better just do as they say. Now get on a serve the man over there another round."

Ben takes the cloaked man's cup to refill it.

Cloaked Stranger: "Say, boy. What's the story on those knights over there?"

Ben: "You must not be from around here. Everyone knows about the Dragon Knights. Are you an adventurer?"

Cloaked Stranger: "Yeah, something like that."

The man refuses to talk more so Ben goes to fill his cup.

Outside, the armies of the dead once more roam the earth.

Ben: "Here's your drink, sir."

Cloaked Stranger: "Do you sense it, son?"

Ben: "Sir?"

Cloaked Stranger: "Beware, there is evil in the air tonight. Something is rotten on Medivo."

Agent: "Team B reporting in. All go here, over."

Natalya's Story: Part 1

GoldeenNightmare: "I walk this lonely street..."

GoldeenNightmare: "On the boulevard of broken dreams..."

GoldeenNightmare: "Where the... umm.. something sleeps... and I'm the only one and..."

GoldeenNightmare: "I WALK AL--"

Wilhelm: "Yo."

GoldeenNightmare: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

GoldeenNightmare: "It's been so long since I saw anyone here. Why have you come to the Halls of the Dead Trolls?"

Wilhelm: "I was looking for that sword you're holding actually."

GoldeenNightmare: "Oh, this old thing? My other half gave it to me and told me to hold it until one of his Bavarians came to get it."

Wilhelm: "And I am that self-same Bavarian."

GoldeenNightmare: "Really? But you don't have a German accent."

Wilhelm: "I practiced my English so people wouldn't treat me as a cheap stereotype. I want to be judged as a person, not as a representative of the great Bavarian people."

GoldeenNightmare: "Makes sense to me, here."

Silverdream: "Not so fast! Goldeen, this man is a liar and he is no Bavarian of mine."

GoldeenNightmare: "Senpai! You came back. I missed you so much!"

Wilhelm: Stand back, sir. You have no idea what powers I now weild."

Natalya: And why should we be scared of you? We're QuantumSurfers. We're basically like unto gods, dude."

Wilhelm: "And I am a warlock. Do you know what that means?"

Wilhelm: "Eldritch blast!"

Natalya: "Ha! You missed!"

Wilhelm: "Yes. With my first blast."

Wilhelm: "But everyone knows that warlocks can cast two eldritch blasts!"

Scratch: "Fuck..."

GoldeenNightmare: "Why did you hurt her? And for that matter I thought normal minifigs couldn't hurt QuantumSurfers."

Wilhelm: "I think you'll find their boasts of invincibillity are highly exaggertaed.

Silverdream: "How did you gain this much power? What sorcery is this?"

Wilhelm: "I told you, it isn't sorcery. I am a warlock. Master Ib made a pact with me and I can channel his magic power into myself and unleash it."

Natalya: "Would you assholes mind getting me down instead of hearing his life story?"

Agent: "This is Team C. The targets are engaging each other."
VotOE: "Excellent. All is going according to plan."
Just Monika
Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:53 am

goldeen nightmare had a hard life
Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Postby Duerer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:53 am

wew, more skellies!
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Postby Insert_blank » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:27 pm

Natalya's Story: Part 2

Wilhelm: "Anyway, I'll be taking this."

Silverdream: "Stop!"

Silverdream: "He's gone..."

GoldeenNightmare: "Senpai. I'm sorry I missed up."

Silverdream: "You're sorry? I've got a friend bleeding out, a dangerous new magic has been discovered, and my failure of a sphincter just gave away a priceless artifact to the enemy!"

GoldeenNightmare: "So I guess that means we won't be fusing back together?"

Silverdream: "I won't even dignify that with a response. Scatch get Natalya and let's go."

Ib's Story: Part 2

Dragon Knight: Time to bleed the lizard... Shouldn't have drank so mu-- what the fuck?!"

Dragon Knight: "Uh... boss?"

Dragon Knight Commander: "Gear. Now!"

Dragon Knight Commander: "Form a shield wall. Barricade the door! Protect the citizens!"

Green Swordsman: "How can my party assist?"

Dragon Knight Commander: "Ranged fighters in the back. Shield wall prepare to defend the first wave. Berserkers in the back ready to jump in."

Dragon Knight Commander: "Steady men. They'll be banging on the door any minute now."

Voice from inside: "Do you guys hear that?"

*boom!*

Dragon Knight Commander: "Hold the line!"

Bone axes chew into the Dragon Knight's shields.

A shuriken finds it's mark in a skeleton warrior. The skeleton doesn't seem to notice.

Ninja: "We may be in trouble..."

The Dragon Knight's formation has been broken.

The ninja jumps into the fray, katana drawn.

The skeleton's axes and bonesaw swords make quick work of her.

The wizard is the next to fall against the skeletal onsalught.

Only a few survivors remain.

Ben: "Sir can't you do anything? You're an adventurer, right?"

Cloaked Stranger: "Sorry, son. There's nothing I can do against a force like this."

Dragon Knight Commander: "This will be our last stand."

Green Swordsman: "If only there were something we could do..."

Ben: "I just gotta believe!"

The Cloaked Stranger sense power surge from the small boy as the axe swishes down upon him.

The axes head breaks against the newly summoned blokbot.

Green Swordsman: "Whatever you're doing boy keep it up!"

The blokbot rampages and the Green Swordsman scores his first hit, severing the skeletons arm.

Green Swordsman: "It's not over yet! We can win this!"

The Dragon Knight Commander decapitates a skeleton and moves onto the next one.

Only to be cut off by the blokbot.

The skeletons are reduced to a pile of bones.

The blokbot vanishes as quickly as it was summoned.

Green Swordsman: "It's over..."

Dragon Knight Commander: "So, you're a nekromancer, huh? Give me on good reason why I shouldn't slit your throat right here and now!"

Cloaked Stranger: Wait!"

Dragon Knight Commander: "What could a cowardly fool like you have to say that could stop me?"

Cloaked Stranger: "What if I told you I was a trans-dimensional sorcerer like unto a god who travelled through time and space to protect the entire mulitverse from evil?"

Dragon Knight Commander: "I'd say you were too far gone into your cups. We need to kill any black magic users before they mature. It is the law!"

Matron: "Sir, please save my son!"

Cloaked Stranger: "What if I take the boy far from here and you never see hide nor hair of him again?"

Dragon Knight Commander: "The law says if they are found they must be killed. That is all."

With a wave of his hand the Dragon Knight Commander flies backwards and slams into the counter.

Ben: "Cool! Can I learn to do that?"

Cloaked Stranger: "That and much, much more. Come, boy, before she wakes."

Matron: "Mind your manners, Ben. And don't forget to come by and say hello once in awhile. Please take care of him, stranger."

Ben: "So... Where are we going, mister?"

Ib: "You can call me Ib. And unless I'm mistaken..."

Bjork_Bot: "My upgrade is complete, sir. Are you ready to go home?"

Ib: "Wow, BB. You look amazing! Zahru really came through this time."

Bjork_Bot: "You're making me uncomfortable. You're basically my co-creator. I would like to keep a strictly plutonic relationship."

Ib: "Right. This is Ben, he's coming with us."

Bjork_Bot: "Understood. Stand-by for teleportation."

Duerer's Story: Part 2

Duerer: "All right men. Fire at will!"

Frederick: "Our blasters have no effect!"

Duerer: "Switch to melee mode!"

Duerer: "Charge!"

Duerer: "I need some intel on who these guys are."

Duerer: "The new Policebots are pretty evenly matched with the skeletons."

Duerer charges the leader and the two are locked in combat.

Duerer: "Are you this Mr. Skeletal I've been hearing rumors about? What do you want? Why are you attacking us? Did Ib send you?"

The Skull in the Top Hat: "Me? Mr. Skeletal? You flatter me. My name is The Skull in the Top Hat. I'm something of a general in the Skeleton Army."

Duerer: "And who sent you? It was Ib, wasn't it?"

The skeletons are on their last legs as the Policebots mow them down.

TSitTH: "You can believe what you want. But it seems some uninvited guests have decided to crash our party. I'll big you farewell for now."

TSitTH: "War is coming, Special Operator Duerer."

Frederick: "He's gone!"

Frederick: "We need to report this right away."

Elsewhere...

Agent: "The last engagement has finished, sir. The raids in Medivo were a success and we are outfitting the army as we speak. General Top Hat also successfully baited the Special Operative and the Golden Sword is in Ib's possession as we had hoped."

???: "Excellent. This will be a Halloween no one in the Brikverse will forget for a long, long time."
Just Monika
Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Postby Kommander Ken » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:46 pm

:omnom:

2good.
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby Zupponn » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:20 am