An Ancient Curse

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

An Ancient Curse

Postby Duerer » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:06 am

Mission: UNKNOWN

On an unknown planet, far away from any civilization, a Nutzee cultist is preparing a dark ritual to ask the dark lord Brikthulhu for a favour.

Officer: “Are preparations met for ze ritual?”
Cultist: “Yes, everything is prepared. Bring in the sacrifice!”

The Cultist proceeds to pour a green slimy substance over the skeleton inside the altar...

...and then looks how the slime sinks into the skeleton. Everything works as planned with only one important ingredient left...

Advisor: “Please, release me! Let me out of here! IT CAN'T END LIKE ZIS!!”
:cwolf: : “GRRR!”

Advisor: “No, no! Vat are you doing?!”
Cultist: “Don't worry, it'll just hurt a bit...”

*RIP*
Advisor:AARRGGGGHH-

... the heart of a minifig!
Cultist: “What a precious heart, you've got there...”

:cwolf: : “WOOF! What are ve supposed to do viz ze body? WOOF!”
Cultist: “Throw the carcass to the night wolves, feed them, whatever...”
:cwolf: : “Understood. WOOF!”

Finally, the cultist puts the beating heart into the skeleton's chest...

...closes the lid and prepares for the actual ritual.

Cultist: “Bil Ur-Sag Lul-Lu Nig-Hul Tur. Ha-Elm Zalag.”
*RUMBLE-RUMBLE*

Cultist: “Za-A-Kam Me-Lam-Ma-Bi-Du. Ki-Bal-A Su-Sa.”
*RUMBLE-RUMBLE*

It is done! The cultist manages to satisfy Brikthulhu, who is willingly to grant his request.

And from the altar emerges none lesser than the once fallen Cult Leader Ignaz.
Cult Leader Ignaz: “I've returned to the mortal world!”
Cultist: “Welcome back, my Master. You just came in time!”
Cult Leader Ignaz: “What happened during my absence?”

Cultist:*hands over staff to Ignaz* We are preparing our Winter Offense on Ungarn and already assembled all penal legions for the attack. However, High Command is still looking for a general to command that army, as most of our commanders are too reluctant to take on the leadership over that bunch of lost cases.”
Cult Leader Ignaz: “Is that so? Then tell them, that I'd gratefully accept the leadership of these legions.”

Cultist: “But Master, these men are just the leftovers from our summer campaign. These soldiers are of questionable quality! Are you sure?”
Cult Leader Ignaz: “I am. From what I could gather on information in my recent studies, we can find the soul of a mighty and ancient follower of Brikthulhu, who might be of use for us.”
Cultist: “Is that so?”
Cult Leader Ignaz: “Well, I will have my methods to persuade him, should he be to wayward to give in to our offer. ”

Cultist: “Care to enlighten me about that ally, Master?”
Cult Leader Ignaz: “When the right time has come, apprentice...”
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Re: An Ancient Curse

Postby Silent-sigfig » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:05 pm

hehehe ypu said penal heheheh
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Postby runnybabbit223 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:15 am

Are you sure this isn't a fairly recent curse?
3... 2... 1... DRAGONS!
runnybabbit223
worth a try if your desprate

Postby Duerer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:24 am

runnybabbit223 wrote:Are you sure this isn't a fairly recent curse?

Yes, since the ancient one is yet to be revealed.
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby Insert_blank » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:14 am

Nice use of Ninjago!!
Just Monika
Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Postby Kommander Ken » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:46 am

Man what a heart-stopping soap. Love the scenery too.
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby RedRover » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:56 am

Kommander Ken wrote:Man what a heart-stopping soap.

Bu dum tiss
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Duerer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:55 am

Mission: Obtain any possible information from the imprisoned daemon

Knight: “We're set for transmission and can begin in about five minutes!”
Forgefather Grzegorz: “Good. Remember, that we have to be quick with interrogating daemons, before they can breach out of the spirit cage and wrack havoc on our machinery!”

Dr Milderd DeRosa: “So, these computers would allow to communicate with the daemon imprisoned in that soul cage?”
Forgefather Grzegorz: “Yes. We have managed to rematerialize them for a short amount of time, in order to interrogate these spirits. So far, most interrogations went alright.  *turns around* Right, Jerzy?”

Jerzy Durer:*sigh*
Forgefather Grzegorz: “Jerzy, what's wrong? You look like someone just punched you right in the face.”
Jerzy Durer: “4 Billion! I could have prevented all of this! 4 Billion souls lost!”

Forgefather Grzegorz: “Lost?! You saved these souls, from being devoured by that daemon! These are now under the ward of the Great Creator!”
Jerzy Durer: “You think so?!”
Forgefather Grzegorz: “I know for sure, that you've done everyone of us a great favour by slaying that hideous beast! Just imagine, how many worlds could have been destroyed, lives snuffed out... if not for you! You did exceptional work, already”
Jerzy Durer: “I've seen it with my own eyes! How it tore down an entire world with one sting! Extinguishing lives in mere seconds!”

Forgefather Grzegorz: “It's just your self-doubt that is bugging your mind. Man, that shit's driving you insane! These 4 Billion are already save, where no daemon could harm them anymore! Believe me, for once!”
Jerzy Durer: “Hmm, I guess I could believe, what you just say, Grzeg. You might be true on that one.”
Forgefather Grzegorz: “Hmpf, oh well...”

(recommended background music)
Forgefather Grzegorz: “Before I forget, I have a little something for you!”
Jerzy Durer: “You... you reforged my sword with a Blue Transparent Chainblade?”

Jerzy Durer: “Clear blue... Like the eternal realms of Caelum. You've done a great job with that sword, Grzegorz. Keep it up, Brother!”

Knight: “We're receiving strong signals from the soul cage! We can begin the transmission, right now!”

*WHOOOSH*

Suddenly, a green gas-like substance amasses itself inside the vat, before the eyes of the Knights and the Doctor.

After a few seconds, the daemon took on it's final form. DeRosa and Grzegorz recall seeing the same daemon, down in the mines of Asteroid PN-12.
Daemon:*ghostly echo* YOU!! You maggots do not really think, that this petty trap would keep me trapped, any longer?”

Forgefather Grzegorz: “Who are you? What do you know about your host, who you took control of down in the mines?”
Daemon:*hiss* Why should answer to you, slave of the no-so-great Creator. The time will come, when the glorious King Zoltan will take revenge on his disloyal people, who abandoned him and the ways of our dark lord! Certainly, he won't spare the lives of anyone, who will stand in his way!”

*CRACK*
Daemon:RREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Dr Mildred DeRosa: “Argh! That scream! Someone silence her!”

Dr Mildred DeRosa: “ARGH!”
Daemon: “You are next, maggot!”

*WROOOM*
*SLASH*
Daemon: “RREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!”
Jerzy Durer: “Giń, demoniczna zdziro!”

Daemon: “Urgh...”

Before the daemon could reach for the Doctor, it was slain by the Blessed Chainblade of Jerzy's sword. Her body begins to melt into a green pile of goo.

Dr Mildred DeRosa: “You've saved my life! I thank you, Chief Librarian.”

After these words, Jerzy turns around. being rendered speechless for now. He actually managed to save her and slay another daemon in the process. Maybe Grzegorz was right, he thought. Maybe the death of Beelzebub freed all the souls, that would have otherwise lost during the destruction of Puczysk.

Knight: “I'm not sure, if anyone noticed, but can anyone tell me who that Zoltan guy is?”
Forgefather Grzegorz: “Pfft, probably some random loser...”
Jerzy Durer: “Zoltan?! Like King Zoltan III?! The last Pagan King of Magyar?!”

Forgefather Grzegorz: “Wait, you know that guy?”
Jerzy Durer: “Well, as far as I can tell, he played an important role in the early Magyar Kingdom, before its population embraced the faith in the Great Creator.”
Dr Mildred DeRosa: “Can you give us more information on that king, Chief Librarian?”
Jerzy Durer: “I faer my memory might be faint about the history of Zoltan III. However, I believe that the Chapter Library will have enough information about him, if you are really curious.”
Knight: “If he's really that important as you claim him to be, we should check it out, then.”

Thus, Jerzy and his companions head out to the realm he is most familiar with: the Chapter Library.
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby RedRover » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:27 am

Exciting stuff
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby CaptainZebra » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:04 pm

I felt oddly attached to the guy that was sacrificed to Brikthulu... Probably because he was cloneded...
My keboa5rd =isn't wo5rk=ing ve5ry well at the moment... Exc6use any m=istakes =in my ty-p=ing.(T5r6ust, me =it can get a lot wo5rse than th=is)
CaptainZebra
rei sucks

Postby Duerer » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:31 am

Location: Chapter Monastery of Dobrzyń, Chapter Library, Jerzy's Office
Mission: Obtain any possible information on Zoltan III

Tirelessly searching for new information on Zoltan III, our brave heroes dig up every corner of the chapter archives, with varied success...

Forgefather Grzegorz: “Found anything, yet?”
Dr Mildred DeRosa: “Negative. All I found out were some datadisks about the Battle of Grünwald, greentexting handbooks and some thrash metal records, but nothing about Magyar history...”

Jerzy Durer: “Guys, guys! Looks like I finally found something!”
Forgefather Grzegorz: “Really?!”
Jerzy Durer: “Yup, we've found the man, we were looking for!”

And thus, everyone gathers around the screen as the Chief Librarian begins to tell the story of the ancient Magyar king...

“Thousands of years ago, the Kingdom of Magyar was ruled by King Zoltan III., who was said to be the last Pagan King of the Magyars. Up to this date, he is remembered as one of the most vile and despicable individuals in Magyar history.”

“While most of his predecessors were laid back regarding Paganism, Zoltan III had an obsession with sacrificing his own peasants in order to sign pacts with creatures from the underworld and to seek immortality.”

“Fed up by his behaviour, his younger brother István, also known as the Great Bear, reunited several local duchies in order to rebel against the King and dispose him once and for all. In B.R. 1,005, István finally attacked the King's Palace on Planet Pest and killed Zoltan by his own hand.”

“After that fierce fight, István assumed the position of the King of Magyar, vowing to prevent any bloody and unjust endeavors, that his older brother perpetrated. Unlike most of his family, he was an avid follower of the Great Creator, with his faith being one of several reasons, that made him stand up against Zoltan's abominable crimes.”

“Unfortunately, the disposed King still had followers around who were all loyal beyond his own death. Dissatisfied with István's new direction, they gathered around to put a curse over the Magyar lands, that is supposed to be a foretaste of the revenge, the fallen King will take on his own people.”

“According to works of legends and folklore, said curse is responsible for several catastrophes in Magyar history. Among them, the Invasions by the Immortals and later the Ottomans, the oppression under the Austrians, as well as the Communist Invasion and Takeover of their land.”

Forgefather Grzegorz: “We now know, who that guy was, that the daemon mentioned early on, but I still want to know, what it meant with his return. Any idea? Do you think, that the Nazis might get involved?”
Jerzy Durer: “Hm, it might be possible, as they are pretty into dark rituals and summoning creat- o kurwa!”

Dr Mildred DeRosa: “Is there some thing wrong, Chief Librarian?”
Jerzy Durer: “If my worst assumptions are correct, the Nazis will try to get strong allies from the underworld and they might know, that Zoltan had a grudge with his own people. Therefore, they might eventually try to resurrect him. Should they succeed, he will wreck havoc upon the Magyar worlds and we're about to witness something 40 times worse, than the Massacre of Puczysk!”
Forgefather Grzegorz: “And how do you intend to stop them, from resurrecting that guy?”
Jerzy Durer: “I have no idea. But as far as I know, they'd need his corpse to attempt a resurrection. Rumors have it, that he might have been dug up somewhere on Planet Visegrád, although I'm not sure about the exact location... I'll do my best to find out more about that matter and maybe try to make some more research on his obsession with dark power.”

Forgefather Grzegorz: “Excellent! If your are right with that one, we might be finally one step ahead of the Nazis and remove these beastards from this sector, ONCE AND FOR ALL!”

Librarian: “Hey, no shouting! This is a library, not a marketplace!”

Librarian:*hmpf*
Forgefather Grzegorz:  :fist:
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby RedRover » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:10 am

Having attempted soaps of my own now, it makes me more impressed by the work you put out. Great job!!
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Zupponn » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:17 pm

The librarian looks like she's carting away pizza.
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Postby Colette » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:44 am

Nobody with a Vitruvius lollipop staff could possibly be evil.
ImageImage
Because everything's better with math.
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby Duerer » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:07 am

Mission: Reconnaissance

Magyar Vox Operator: “Found anything, yet?”

Magyar Scout: “We have Axis forces incoming. They're a few kilometres, away. That doesn't look good!”

Magyar Scout: “That really doesn't look good, at all!”
Magyar Dragoon: “What are you seeing, there? How strong are they?”

Magyar Scout: “We have some Nutzee forces incoming: one heavy tank a scout walker and a handful of soldiers!”
Nutzee Croud:(from a distance in broken German)
Ob's stürmt oder schneit,
Ob die Sonne uns lacht,
Der Tag glühend heiß
Oder eiskalt die Nacht.

Magyar Vox Operator: “Do you see any more forces?”
Magyar Scout: “Soviet forces are approaching with heavy armour and pieces of chem weaponry!”
Soviet Croud:(from a distance)
Pust’ yarost’ blagorodnaya
Vskipaet, kak volna!
Idyot voyna narodnaya,
Svyaschennaya voyna!

Magyar Scout: “Srb forces are approaching to the north-west! It seems, like they have brought their own marching music with them.”
Srbijan Crowd:(blasting from a distance)
Kozarska Brigada kreće preko save,
preko minskih polja, užasa i strave,
svaki pedalj naše Srpske zemlje svete
brane div junaci iz Kozarske Pete
svaki pedalj naše Srpske zemlje svete
brane div junaci iz Kozarske Pete

Magyar Dragoon: “They're finally coming! They ceased their raids and started with the invasion of our homeland! We need to report to HQ, asap!”

Magyar Vox Operator: “Vadászmenyét calls Alfa Base! Vadászmenyét calls Alfa Base! Soviet, Nutzee and Srbijan forces are approaching our base! I repeat, Soviet, Nutzee and Srbijan forces are approaching our base! The Axis has launched it's Invasion on Magyar!”
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Next

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board