The Power Within

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Re: The Power Within

Post by Kommander Ken » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:22 am

This is getting real good. :omnom:

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:47 am

Previously

Location: Imperial Magikstrate Throne room aboard Orbital Station, location classified.
Synopsis: Qallon Darkblade has sensed a sudden yet strong magikal force he wishes to consult Ibeus about.

Quallon Enters the Throne Room.

Ibeus -"Ah, Quallon... I haven't seen you in person for years. The Hologram transmissions do not do you justice."

Quallon bows before Ibeus.
Quallon -"Greetings your majesty. My division is very busy, to which you are aware. I do not get the luxury often to pay you personal visits, but I do have a matter of upmost importance."

Ibeus -"Ah, yes yes. Let us discuss this matter of which you speak, but first.. Guards, will you please excuse us? We have a very important conversation that is only meant for a few ears."
Guards -"As you wish, your Majesty."

The guards make their exit.

Quallon - "Your Grace, thank you for taking the time to speak with me on such short notice."
Ibeus - "Of course Quallon, the matter is of upmost importance. Let alone a viable excuse to see you in the flesh."

Quallon - "We sensed a spike in magikal energy in the Freon Sector about a week ago. At first we thought nothing of it, because these spikes happen from time to time with no consequence. However, a couple days ago the spike rose to even higher levels. We have never observed naturally occurring spikes such as this one, so we believe it to be another artifakt."

Ibeus - "Interesting. I felt this force too... it's very... dark. So what seems to be the issue in acquiring this source? Is it not what your division specializes in after all?"
Quallon - "Normally this would not be a problem, but the spike disappeared."
Ibeus - "Disappeared? What do you mean disappeared?"
Quallon - "It disappeared from its location in freon and reappeared on a remote moon in Fang controlled space..."
Ibeus - "Interesting... I can see how this issue will require much discretion."

Ibeus - "Quallon, you have been an honorable and loyal servant to the Pendragon family before I was even born. My father counted you as one of his closest and most trustworthy friends. I have incredible faith in your abilities and methods... you have yet to fail a mission."
Quallon - "Thank you, your Grace."
Ibeus - "This is why I will still entrust you with executing this operation. You must get that artifakt."
Quallon - "But Sir, venturing into Fang space could risk war... A war the old Empire lost."

Ibeus - "Have faith Quallon, we are stronger than the empire of old. We cannot let this power get into the hand of House Fang, or any other party that could turn it against us! That is why this mission is of upmost importance!"
Quallon - "I have faith in you sir. We will secure that artifakt."

Ibeus - "This will have to be a covert operation. Get in, secure the artifakt, and get out. Do what you must."
Ibeus extends his arm to Quallon, who grabs his arm in return.
Quallon -"Consider it done. We will not fail you your Grace."
Ibeus - "Good. I will prepare for your return. Oh, and one more thing. I am sure others have sensed this power, be prepared."
Quallon -"Yes, your grace, we always are."

Quallon exits

Prison Break Sign-up
Last edited by RedRover on Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Where did you get the sleeve cuffs?

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Valiant wrote:Where did you get the sleeve cuffs?
Brickforge

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:00 pm

Previously

Location: Imperial Magikstrate Throne room aboard Orbital Station, location classified.
Synopsis: Quallon Darkblade and Mage Palerus return from a mission.

*Two beams of magical energy spike, signaling Quallon and Palerus teleporting in*

Quallon -"Your Majesty."
Palerus -"Your Majesty."

Ibeus -"Please, please, stand up, no need for such formalities. What news do you have for me? Was the mission successful?"

Quallon -"Yes Sir. The source of the energy was acquired however there were some complications..."
Ibeus -"Complications? Of what nature?"
Quallon -"Well, the target was located in what appeared to be a small prison base controlled by the United Systems Alliance. The engagement was less than peaceful and I fear we may have incited a greater conflict."
Palerus -"There was also another faction that appeared to be after the target as well. They had emblems of Dragons and Lions upon their gear."
Ibeus -Ah, it appears the Regulus Brotherhood has shown their face... We will deal with these other problems in time, but at least we have the target secured."

*The door slides open and Colton the high Paladin strides through*
Colton -"Speaking of this secured target, where is it? I have not seen proof of said deed and would like to lay my own eyes on said magikal power."
Palerus -"Well let me show you then."

*Palerus waves his staff and another beam presents itself in the corner of the room*

*The Butcher appears suspended in magikal energy*
Palerus -He is restrained and ready for examination. There is a strong magikal energy bound within him, stronger than anything we have come across in awhile."

Colton -I can sense it too, it is very potent. I think it would be wise to send him to Azura and the research team.

Ibeus -Colton, Indeed, I too sense a power within him. It is vast yet somewhat familar. I cannot pinpoint it, but I am sure Azura can. As for you Palerus and Quallon, you have done a fine job. I sense within you that there are still some loose ends. Am I correct?

Quallon -"Correct Sir. We obtained the body of high ranking USA officer. We were contacted by a part that was interested and we are going to investigate as to what purpose they wanted the body for. Could just be a contact with the Gentleman's Crime Syndicate looking to make some coin, but we wanted to check it out and be sure."
Palerus -"Indeed, I find the request most intriguing."

Ibeus -"Very well, go and investigate this matter."

*The two teleported off*

Ibeus -"As for you, off to Azura with you!"

*Poof*

Next
Last edited by RedRover on Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.