A Curse Lifted

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

A Curse Lifted

Post by Duerer » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:31 am

“After being defeated the first time by his brother, the wicked spirit of Zoltan III still lived on and feasted upon our souls, leaving a void of sorrow and misery in our hearts. It wasn't until he was send to hell, that we could finally overcome our ever growing pessimism and see things on a much brighter way. With new inner strength, we managed to drive out Soviet forces around Debrecen within days.”

“That gave our titan legions to the South enough time, to thin the Communo-Fascist lines and drive them back, beyond the Srbijan borders. With the combined effort of the forces of the Coalition and even volunteers among local thugs, we managed to withstand the Soviet attack on our homeland and can finally be relieved.”

“This evening Elnök Szarvas made an important announcement to the Magyar people after these weeks of constant fighting.”
Karoly Szarvas: “With the Soviet threat completely banned from our homes, we can finally rejoice and truly begin a new epoch in our countries history! This shall be an age of prosperity!”
*loud appalause*

“But there is still on question, that won't leave my head: what happened to you at Visegrád?”

“I will not forget about all these hours, we've spend together. The hunt in the wild and the archery lessons, I've got taught. All the generals were certain, that you were killed in action, yet something tells me, that you are still around, somewhere.”

“Mother always thought, that joining the armed forces was a bad idea. Understandable, since she already lost her spouse to the reds. But I won't take that lightly! I will not make any rest, until I've found out, where they are holding you!”

“Some day, I'll find you, father...”

“...and I''ll make those pay, who dare to do you harm!”
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Re: A Curse Lifted

Post by Duerer » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:19 pm

*BZZZT*

*VROOM*

Dr Semenov: “With that new display, it should be much easier for him to lock his targets.”

*BZZZT*

Alex: “Doktor, it looks like we could save his arms.”

Dr Semenov: “For what purpose?!”
Natasha: “Well, that's what we just just noticed. No idea, about the legs, since you've removed them.”

Dr Semenov: “For a good reason! I've intended to go for full body prosthesis.”
Alex: “They sure look healthy to me, considering, that he was fried by a tesla coil several times in a row.”
Dr Semenov: “I've already got him some new arms prepared. Stronger, tougher than the ordinary and lousy flesh arms!”
Natasha: “Fine. Lose the arms.”

Natasha: “Alex, shut him down and prepare for surgery.”

*BZZZT*

Alex: “By all respect, but that experiment will never ever work.”
Natasha: “I hate to say it, but Alex is right on that one, doktor! Chicken and men don't share the same chromosome pair and therefore, fertilizing that chicken egg could never work out that way. That's just basic biology!”

Dr Semenov: “You two! Look at me! Do I look like an ordinary man?! Decades spent in the lab, doing all sorts of horrifying self-experiments, would have drastically altered my whole organism. Now I need to see, which parts of it are affected!”

*hybrid spawns out of the egg*
Chicken-Man Hybrid: *cheep-cheep*
Dr Semenov: “Aww, look at that, isn't it adorable.”
Alex: “It surely looks disgusting.”

Dr Semenov: “Truly miraculous...”

*spits at doc*
Dr Semenov: “BLYAT!!”

*SPLAT*
Natasha: “That's my notepad!”
Alex: “Fuck, what was that?!”

*BZZZT*

Dr Semenov: “You're about to witness my finest achievement in cybernetics.”
General Volkov: “Wasn't that also your last cyborg?”
Dr Semenov: “Trust me, that one surpasses every previous creation of mine.”

Dr Semenov: “May I present you: the Pantokrator!

*FLASH*
Pantokrator: “At you service, Comrade General.”
General Volkov: “Sheesh!”
Dr Semenov: “These energy emitters can be used in close and range combat, alike.”

General Volkov: “Hmmhmm, intersting. When and where would you like to field test it, though?”
Dr Semenov: “Up to you, Comrade General!”
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff