The Last Stand of Scorpion Company

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

The Last Stand of Scorpion Company

Postby Durandal » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:00 pm

Last stand of scorpion company

Dear mama-

I am writing this letter with instructions where to deliver upon my death. I know its just a matter of time. Scorpion company marched onto the line three days ago one hundred men strong. Today there is scarcely thirty of us left, many at least lightly wounded. The enemy seems determined to break the trench war stalemate right here at our little piece of land.
Artillery shells land all night, they don't hit much but they rattle our bones and break our will. Then the much more accurate mortars start, sometimes landing dead in our trenches. We hide in our dugouts till the shelling stops, but that only signals the real horror is about to begin. On they will come, dressed in brilliant red, shooting their weapons as they run. We will shoot back and throw grenades and kill them by the dozen, but still they come.

If they reach us we fight with our bayonets, rifle stocks, fists, rocks... Whatever it takes to survive. Some men can't take it, they just curl up in a ball and scream.

Most of us remain strong. We won't dishonor the Morfaire Regulars, or our unit by running or cowering. Our last man will fall holding up Scorpion company's battle standard.

but i am sure we will all fall before they send relief. Our radios are all dead, mostly shot. The captain sent a runner back but he never returned, Probably blown up. We can't risk another because we need every regular to hold the line.

We are all out of grenades, and have precious little rifle ammunition left. I have one more drum for my mini-gun, which is all that has been keeping us alive. The next time they come will probably be the last, but we will die like men of Morfaire. Do not grieve for me mama, i will have died honorably, with a battle song on my lips like the great warriors of old. Give my belongings to Lucy, especially my guitar. I hope she remembers me whenever she plays it.

Now the mortars are stopping, the captain has his sword drawn and is urging us out of the dugout. I must hurry to set up my mini-gun and prepare for the attack. Oh mama give my love to everyone, i miss you all!

Your loving s----*illegible, obscured by blood*

Just a little vig i whipped together because i haven't done anything with lego or brikwars in awhile. Completely exhausted by very limited supply of brown bricks. Wanted to try to capture a piece of how i imagine the frontline in my brikverse. Did i succeed?
"During the napoleonic wars for a man to join the elite prussian grenadiers it was a requirement that he be able to grow a bushy black beard. How far have we fallen..." - A US Marine
TROLOLO
Durandal
Nice Dubs

Re: The Last Stand of Scorpion Company

Postby Silverdream » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:25 pm

Yeah, pretty cool.
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Natalya » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:57 pm

I like the minigun.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."
Natalya
I've trolled before.

Postby Kastrenzo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:11 pm

The OIL and #1 Racing are destined to fight forever like RED vs BLU in Team Fortress.
Faction Index
Last week I put liquid paper on a bee. And it died
Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Postby Kommander Ken » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:36 pm

RIP in piece, Scorpion Company.
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby Valiant » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:00 pm

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Postby Durandal » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:13 am

Kastrenzo wrote:The OIL and #1 Racing are destined to fight forever like RED vs BLU in Team Fortress.

Oh man, I gotta do that battle some time. :)
"During the napoleonic wars for a man to join the elite prussian grenadiers it was a requirement that he be able to grow a bushy black beard. How far have we fallen..." - A US Marine
TROLOLO
Durandal
Nice Dubs

Postby stubby » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:53 am

Vami IV wrote: Every thread needs some edginess.

I don't think that's actually true
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board