The Dumblr Saga, Part Two: Don't Drink the Kool'Aid!

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

The Dumblr Saga, Part Two: Don't Drink the Kool'Aid!

Postby mercury19 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:58 pm

Part One: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=15387

ZM: Jesus Christ on a bicycle, I need a drink. Everything fuckin’ hurts.

ZM: Maybe I can get the latest news in here too, I don’t even know what day it is.

HPxD111: A seedy dive bar? This isn’t going to end well. I’d better get in there.

Zurgo Memesmasher enters the bar. The only other patrons pay little attention to the newcomer; they’re well into a night of drinking.

Memesmasher pulls a flask of odd orange liquid out of his cloak and begins drinking. The bartender is nowhere in sight.

Marcus: And that’s why I never let authorities pat me down.

John Ferros: Ha! That’sh quite a shhtory! Hey, did I ever tell you ‘bout the time I killed all of them peaches?

Alan Ryder: Only everytime we go drinking.

John: It was great! I shlaughtered their disgusting, peachy butts and left ‘em to dry!

Marcus: And then you rose through the ranks of the military, and now you’re the Captain of the Imperial Frontier Division, yeah we know.

ZM: Slaughtered peaches… Racism… genocide.. Augh, my head… uuuuuuuuuugh…

John: Huh?

ZM, shaking his head as if clearing it: You’re a piece of scum, you know that? What kind of shit kills a bunch of innocent people and then brags about it?

John: You got a problem, friend?

ZM: You know, I think we do.

Marcus: Uh oh, this ain’t good.

Alan: Eh, don’t worry about it. John’ll be fine.

Captain Ferros stands up and adjusts his fedora, not looking at all drunk, then draws his chainsword.

John: I don’t like problems. Let's take care of this here and now.
ZM: Let’s go then.

John swings before either of his friends can blink, but his opponent moves even faster, ducking under the buzzing sword without spilling a drop of his drink. In the process, his hood is thrown back, and Alan and Marcus gasp.

Alan and Marcus: Fedora!?

The word seems to trigger something in ZM, and he tumbles backwards, completely off balance.

Marcus: It is Fedora! I’d recognize that face anywhere!

Alan: Boss! Where have you been? Why are you dressed like that?

John: And what the hell are you drinking? I’ve never seen that served here.

Alan: Shit, that’s Kool’Aid! John, quick, knock him out!

Thwack! John strike’s ZM’s temple with the hilt of his sword, and he’s out cold.

Alan: Let’s take him back to my ship, I have a detox station.

Marcus: No, that’s in too public of an area. It wouldn’t be good for you two to be seen together; just because you're governments aren’t at war doesn’t mean their friends. Besides, a detox station won’t be enough. I’ve got the best damn doctor in the galaxy, take him to my ship.

Alan and John drag ZM out of the bar, while Marcus follows. HPxD111 emerges from the shadows.

HPxD111: Ah damn, that can’t be good.

*Ring Ring Ring*

???: HP! What’s up?

HPxD111: We’ve got a problem. The target went into a bar, and overheard a disturbing conversation. His programming worked and he tried to fight for justice, but apparently the people he got in a fight with knew him.

???: Oh?

HP: Yeah, it was Captain John Ferros of the Avokhan Empire, Captain Alan Ryder of the Republik of Independent Planets, and the smuggler Marcus Laurence. They called our mutual friend “Fedora” and it fried his brain or something. They knocked him out and dragged him away, there wasn’t anything I could do.

???: That’s a tough crowd. Good you stayed back, or you might not be talkin’ to me. Don’t worry my dude, we’ll get this fixed up. You just follow those three hooligans to wherever they go and report back to me.

HP: Got it boss.

*Click*
Ask now what I'm doing, even for me :mystery:

Tzan wrote:
"The frontiers of space are a giant sausage fest." ~ Admiral Ackbar

http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Avokhan_Empire the Avokhan article
mercury19
different

Location: The dark corners of my brooding, angst filled mind.

Re: The Dumblr Saga, Part Two: Don't Drink the Kool'Aid!

Postby TastySkippy123 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:37 pm

Ah I spotted a decal on Marcus, thats cool. Is he one of the mercenary guys you were talkin bout??
TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Postby mercury19 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:06 pm

TastySkippy123 wrote:Ah I spotted a decal on Marcus, thats cool. Is he one of the mercenary guys you were talkin bout??

Thanks! I'm not entirely happy with it though, the symbol came out too small for my taste. He's the captain of said mercenaries, Who will hopefully get some more action in the future.
Ask now what I'm doing, even for me :mystery:

Tzan wrote:
"The frontiers of space are a giant sausage fest." ~ Admiral Ackbar

http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Avokhan_Empire the Avokhan article
mercury19
different

Location: The dark corners of my brooding, angst filled mind.

Postby TastySkippy123 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:09 pm

Thats a bum. Maybe remake them and make the symbol bigger on the laptop so when you print it it comes out smaller??

Action!? Oh yeah!
TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Postby Kommander Ken » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:13 pm

:omnom:

Ohhhh maaannn.
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby CaptainZebra » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:37 am

:omnom:  :omnom:  :omnom:  :omnom:  :omnom:
My keboa5rd =isn't wo5rk=ing ve5ry well at the moment... Exc6use any m=istakes =in my ty-p=ing.(T5r6ust, me =it can get a lot wo5rse than th=is)
CaptainZebra
rei sucks

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board