The Outer Haven Incident EP2

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

The Outer Haven Incident EP2

Postby Kastrenzo » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:50 pm

Episode 1
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=15945

Later that day, Remus picks up a trail and the group closes in on a hidden tunnel network in the forest

Investigator Declan Remus: "I'm fairly certain that the source of the disturbances,  at least in this region,  is coming from something in this place,  it's hidden away well enough.  Everyone be on your guard while we're down there"

Troopers brush the  leaves and foliage off the tunnel,  and it creaks and snaps as they pull it open.  Heskall and the troopers crawl inside

Remus: "You stand guard!"
Trooper 1: *Nods*

The door closes behind Remus,  and almost immediately,  ominous buzzing and laughing comes down from the mountains again.
Disembodied Voice: "Aaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaa.
Trooper 1: *Shakes in his boots*

Inside is a narrow and claustrophobic storeroom, The place is cold, dusty, and absolutely reeks

Adjutant Heskall: "It doesn't look like there's anything here."
*Tapping noise comes from the pipes in the wall*
Trooper 2: "What's that noise?  Something's in the pipes"
Heskall: "Might as well check it,  who knows might find old pirate gold or something.. and make up for this waste of time"

Remus: "Bust the pipe then..  But there's still something down here that I don't like"

Heskall grabs a pickaxe off the floor and bursts the pipes with it,  a blast of hot air comes out of them. He rips the pipe off the wall and shakes it,  and something falls out

Trooper 2: "A fish?  are you kidding me.. this place is a bust.. Hey Heskall... Maybe you can give this cute little dead fishy to your kids as a pet!"

He bends over to pick it up,  holding it up and laughing as he waves the fish in the face of the others

Remus: "WAIT!"

The fish suddenley turns it's head around and speaks

FISH: "BUH!"

KABOOM
The fish explodes like a hand grenade,  obliterating everyone in the room. Remus shields himself allowing him to survive,  

After regaining consciousness, he finds himself in a room on fire, surrounded by blood and bodies, his followers all dead

He looks for his staff,  and picks up the broken remnants of his staff and a shatter gun.  grumbling as he drops the broken pieces to the ground

*Clank*
Remus: "Bah.. nothing"

Suddenley a wall crumbles,  revealing a hidden room,  left with no other options, Remus chooses to investigate further

The corridor leads to room brightly lit by torches, a pedestal with a golden urn surrounded by a pool of water.  The water vibrates violentley, the rest of the room seems to be subtly rumbling as well

He approaches the shrine, reaching for the urn

Remus: "This Artifakt muct be it!"

The vibrations in the room get incredibly violent,  and the water starts to rise, blocking his path to the Artifakt

BANG
Like a thunderclap,  a bolt of energy blasts out at him,  he dodges it

BANG
Another bolt,  he rolls forward out of the way

The room vibrates violentley again, water rising out of the pool and the torches spread fire in the room.

BANG
Two blasts of energy fly at him now,  with no escape route

Remus Quickly casts a ward, shielding himself and stopping the bolts in mid air

The bolts still pushing on him,  he fights back with his own Magik, pushing it back into the pool

The vibrations stop,  and an eerie silence goes over the room,  and then suddenley something comes out of the water, A Minifig in blue mage robes,  his face is completely burnt and without any features

Burnt Mage Body: "AHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHA

YOU! TRESPASSER, WHY DO YOU DISTURB THIS PLACE OF POWER?

Remus: "Who.. What are you?"
Burnt Mage Body: "I AM THE THIRD OF THREE, I SPEAK TO YOU THROUGH MY VESSEL, MY AVATAR,  THE LAST OLD FOOL WHO TRIED TO METTLE WITH THE THREE. A VESSEL BODY GIVES ME THE POWER TO WALK ON THIS WORLD AND BEND THE WORLD OF MINIFIGS TO THE ORDER OF THREE

Remus: "So.. you have possessed his body, or by the looks of it, his corpse.. To what end? what is your purpose,  your goal?"

The Third of Three: "TRIBUTE. ALL MINIFIGS WILL WORSHIP THE THREE,  AND THE THREE GROW MORE POWERFUL WITH EVERY PRAYER TO THE TRIANGLE

The Third of Three: "AND YOU WILL JOIN US, AS MY NEW VESSEL!

Suddenley The Third blasts energy bolts from the Mage's hands

Having expected a sudden attack, Remus is able to summon a light ward just in time

The ward deflects the bolts,  at such close range they fly right back in the Vessel's face

The Third of Three: "OH SHIT!

POW
The Vessel body explodes,  icky green goo flies everywhere in place of blood

It's current body destroyed,  the essence of the Third retreats back to the Artifakt. Remus quickly grabs it and removes it from the shrine

Remus: "This Artifakt,  it seems this "Third" builds power over time,  and eventually drives those around it mad.

He removes the Urn's cap, revealing a bright green gem,  humming with disturbed, dark energy

Remus: "This will need to be contained quickly,  lest it takes another thrall.  I must contact the camp,  I can't risk having this taken off world.. It will have to be contained here on Outer Haven,  and if if this entity called itself the "Third of Three".  that means there are two more to contain..

He places the stone back in the urn,  seals it,  and casts a temporary ward over it,  preventing the Third from possessing him while he heads back to camp.
Actually, it's a fuck off machine, haven't you ever seent one before?
Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Re: The Outer Haven Incident EP2

Postby RedRover » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:42 pm

This is awesome!!!!
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Duerer » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:25 am

Nice sparkly effects
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby Ham » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:22 am

really enjoying the manga so far, keep up the good work
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Wightbagel died for our sins.
Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board