The Outer Haven Incident EP4

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage
all I have is anthrax and rage

The Outer Haven Incident EP4

Post by Kastrenzo » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:34 pm

Switched back to phone camera.

EP1 - http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=15945
EP2 - http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=15972
EP3 - http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16007

Remus manipulates a nearby corpse to pull the trigger on the weapon, firing wildly

The soldiers fire into the pile of bodies, and rush to investigate

Remus shifts away from the soldiers and hides in a different patch of foliage

Another soldier thinks he noticed something moving, however

He approaches...

K'THUNK
Remus smacks him in the face with the urn, knocking teeth out and knocking him out cold

He pulls the body away

Left with few options, he decides to don a disguise and hopefully slip away

Having known that the Galacian Military doesn't allow peaches in it's rank, he must conceal his identiy

The Leader calls back for his troops
Army NCO: "FALL IN, We're returning to base!"

Remus Nonchalantly follows the rest of the soldiers, not saying a word
Galacian Soldier 1: "Did you bag any?"
Galacian Soldier 2: "Finished one off, yea"

After about a 20 minute walk, the squad comes up on a walled compound, there are lots of soldiers camped outside and the area is buzzing with activity

They pass several sentries, they are sitting around smoking and having a good time. As the squad passes the sentries greet them

Galacian Machinegunner: "благо вас присоединиться к нам, дерьмо птицы. убить любые зеленые спины?" good of you to join us, shit birds. kill any green backs"

Galacian Soldier: "The tank blasted most of them, but yea we bagged a few.

The sergeant stops the squad at the gate

Galacian Sergeant: "Everyone is free to go get some R&R.. You're all dismissed. Stay out of trouble and keep your weapons near"

The soldiers he had followed in all go their seperate ways, inside the base it appears to be quiet. a few troops and assistants are walking around. but there doesn't seem to be much else going on

Remus is overwhelmed, still in disbelief that he was able to slip into the base so easily, he looks for a way to escape but he can't find a route that he won't get himself caught first. As he's standing there looking around, a couple of military personnel are approaching, talking to one another in mid conversation

Assitant 1: "The Colonel is having all the loot they took from the bunker in he desert off world"
Assistant 2: "Isn't that violation of protocol?"
Assistant 1: "Are you going to complain to the Colonel?"
Assitant 2: "Fair point..."

Remus (To himself): "Bunker?... Desert? it couldn't be? Perhaps they found another piece... did they face a being like I had to?

Suddenly a truck slams on it's breaks and nearly hits Remus, the driver honks the horn and yells out the window

Driver: "MOVE OR I'LL F*CK'N BREAK SOMETHING"

Then, an alarm goes off, which startles Remus at first. But the personnel around the base don't appear to be reacting to it. He figures it's just a lunch bell or something

He walks up to the runway to see an assistant moving some barriers in front of a starfighter

And then the starfighter starts to move forward out of the hangar

The door on the tower swings open and a bunch of men come outside, one of them is dressed in an orange flight suit, probably a pilot. The fighter's canopy opens and the pilot jumps in and jets off

Remus: "Probably off to strafe some more of those savages... As long as you're not here for me to deal with"

He walks down the runway, and at the end he notices the others who came out of the building, they are loading a transport shuttle full of what looks like loot from a raid. He approaches them

One of the items in the box looks almost identical to the first urn he found. Remus deduces that this must be another piece of 3

The men turn around and stare blankly at Remus, he stands there stupified, not knowing what he's supposed to do, and he then reasons that these men must be lowly laborers and that he may be able to send them off

Remus: "Uh, hey. What's going on here, are you supposed to be handling this stuff?"

One of the men pulls out a piece of paper
Assistant: "Who's this wiseguy? you see this? this is orders straight from the colonel that we are to load these valuables onto his personal shuttle, in other words, this is a permit to tell you to fuck off! Why don't you go back to smacking rocks together or jerking off in the latrines, or whatever it is you grunts do!?"

Remus stumbles away

He walks into a nearby building, and when he opens the door he see's several soldiers with their helmets off, realizing that this is a barracks or some kind of quarters, he quickly backs up from the door and closes his visor

Inside the soldiers are weightlifting, eating, talking. A female soldier see's Remus at the door

Galacian Soldier: "Hey! we are just about to do shots. you will join us , yes?"

Remus; "uh, I'll be right back.."

He closes the door and scuffles away
Galacian soldier: "Who the hell was that?"

He walks down to the next building where a bunch of camouflage clad troops exit in front of him, He almost hits them with his bayonet

The soldiers become very angry
Galacian Recon Operator: "WHAT OF FUCK? You think you're some kind of hot shit walking around with that pig sticker? I should teach you a lesson!"

Remus makes up some excuse to try to talk himself out of this confrontation

Remus: "Hey! Sorry!, I bent the barrel of my gun and I can't get the blade to come off. Im looking for the armorer"

Galacian Recon Operator: "Are you for real? is this guy for real? The armory is RIGHT THERE" (He points to the door that they just came out of)
Galacian Recon Operator: "Unfortunately they don't keep replacement brains in stock for stupids"

Another soldier in regular armor then starts screaming at the Recon guys
Galacian Drill Sergeant: "I'M SORRY, I WASN'T UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT YOU RECON BOYS DID UNIFORM INSPECTIONS OF MY RIFLEMEN, NOW GET!"

Outside the base

A lone Insurgent drives at the base on a dirtbike, firing a pistol at the troops outside

The soldiers scatter and the machinegunner starts firing all over the place

THUUUUUMP
A soldier with a big missile launcher fires...

KABOOM

Everyone runs towards the gate to see what happened
P.A System: "PLEASE tell me you morons didn't just waste a zudnik on a fucking MOTORBIKE!. THAT'S COMING OUT OF YOUR PAY!"

Remus slips away and goes back to the shuttle, where it is now deserted

Remus: "Oh yes, there's definitely a piece here"

Remus: "Aha!... found you. Except this one is still possessed... but there's no one around... No thrall body, nothing.."

A weapon clicks off safety. And a voice blares over a voice modulator
Voice: "DON'T MOVE!"

Remus freezes, he looks to the right and see's a Galacian soldier, although he looks very different from the rest. He says to him in a snide tone "So... which one are you, the first, or the second?"

Remus turns, and the soldier steps forward, aggressively pointing his weapon at Remus
Shocktrooper: "I SAID STOP. LAY THE WEAPON DOWN AND SURRENDER..... CENTRAL, UNIT 373 REQUEST BACKUP"
Computerized voice from Radio:" Unit 373 central acknowledges. please specify the nature of your request"
Remus:"Okay.. you're not one of them.."
Shocktrooper: "CENTRAL, UNIT 373 HAS APPREHENDED ROGUE ELEMENT TRESPASS ON RESTRICTED SHUTTLE, REQUESTING ORDERS"

Remus starts to kneel down and pretends to lower his weapon
Remus: "Ok, this is just a misunderstanding, see? I'm putting my weapon down, you can call off central ok? I was just looking at the stuff.."

Remus then causes a crate full of gold to come flying at the trooper

CRASH
The crate utterly crushes him.

Remus: "ha!, time to get out of here, I'm not going to get another break like that..."

He then hears heavy footsteps behind him.

He turns around to see another of the Shocktroopers, this one even bigger than the first, and carrying a huge shield

Remus: "Wonderful.."

The Guardian just stands there motionless a few moments, but then starts shaking and twitching violentley
Guardian: "SECTOR IS.... NOOOOOT SECURE... *Garbled radio noises"
The guardian then changes his speech pattern, no longer speaking in the semi robotic tone but now a very angry tone
The Second of Three YOU!, YOU WILL DIE!
Remus: "And there you are.."

Not having a mage's body as a thrall this time, the Second can only use the Guardian's weapons and abilities to attack, it starts shooting at Remus, and he runs for cover

Remus goes to fire his weapon back, but the Second throws up the shield, Remus knows to think twice about trying to shoot a riot shield

He pulls off the helmet.

He charges up a magikal cast

Emerging from cover he launches his magikal bolt at the shield and grapples it

Yanking the shield from the Second's hand

He then unloads the Pulse Rifle on the second...

And gives him a blast of force magik for good measure

The Guardian is knocked back and lays motionless. Remus think's it's over

The Second then lurches back to life,

Remus: "Damn this body is a tank!"

The Second charges at Remus. Remus sticks up his gun with the bayonet pointed ready to spear him

In Mid sprint, the second smashes his gun and breaks the bayonet off

And crashes into him. Remus is sent flying from the impact

The Second then stops his onslaught a moment, to speak

The Second of Three: "You!. you are the one who defeated the Third!, and now you come after the Second!... You endanger everything!"

Remus: "You should be worried, I''m going to put an end to the madness you are casting over this world..."

The Second then shakes it's fist at Remus, lecturing him
The Second of Three: "FOOL!. You do not know!. Having only met the Third, who was too arrogant to tell you himself, you do not know the purpose of the three!"

Remus: "Enlighten me.. beast"

The Second of Three: "The three keep shut the portal to the realm of the Unbidden!, you defeated the Third and reduced the Three to Two, already you have weakened our hold on the Unbidden, the uninvited!, The Unbidden will harvest this realm for all it's worth and your actions only seek to aid them!"

Remus: "Who are the Unbidden?"

The second picks up the bayonet

The Second of Three: "You need not know anymore, but understand this, you have already done great harm to our mandate, I will not allow you to bring us closer to harvest, so for that you must die"

The Second steps forward aggressively, intent on skewering Remus with the knife.... The shield then comes flying from behind him

SLICE
The body is decapitated by the flying shield

Remus stands, grabbing both of the pieces and gets ready to get the hell out of there

Distorted voice of the Second: "The lights of the galaxy will go out one by one, and YOU. Declan Remus. Will be at fault. Make your peace... THE UNBIDDEN WILL COME!"

Remus: "I fear no enemy... and you are defeated.."
He hears footsteps behind him again..

He turns around and see's a Galacian soldier, having seen Remus standing there without the helmet, and standing over dead bodies... He stands there motionless for a second, and then quickly pulls a radio out of his belt and presses the transmit button

BEEP

To be continued...
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Re: The Outer Haven Incident EP4

Post by Kommander Ken » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:56 pm

So good. :omnom:

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:22 am

Yes! so much hype!

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:29 am

Remus is one sly motherfucker.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:44 pm

This just keeps getting better and better! That's a huge base though, did you build it just for this?
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:04 pm

this story is amazing!

militaryfreak
Officer

Post by militaryfreak » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Im really liking this so far, keep up the good work!
"The crashing arrival of a large stone does much to humble an arrogant foe"