King Kroc: The prologue

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

King Kroc: The prologue

Post by Cakeman » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:10 am

Kroc wandered through the green jungle that was his and his tribes home. He was alone, walking and thinking. Thinking slowly and thouroghly, because there was a lot in the balance. The old ways didn't sustain his tribe like they used to.

Old ways had given way to new ways before, so it wasn't an apocalypse or anything. In the beginning, crocs had just waited in the water, eating what came close. Then they had gotten smarter and better and mor numerous, and prey had become scarce. So the old ways of lying still gave way to hunting, then to hunting in packs, then to raiding other tribes. There had been shamans and kings. Now food was once again scarce, and Kroc had to give his tribe a new goal.

Suddenly, he spied something in a clearing up ahead.

"Odd" he thought. But then again, this part of the jungle was new to him. They had come here in search of enemies to fight and food to eat. It looked like a structure of stone, like the ones he had heard was erected in the northwest kingdoms.

As Kroc approached the pyramid, he could see it was kept, the encroaching jungle kept in check. The steps were scratched by croc claws of old, and he felt a certain belonging. The braziers at the top were lit. Kroc started to ascend the steps, when a figure appeared.

Figure: Come, King Kroc.

Kroc: You know my name?

Figure: Yes, and I know why you are here. You are looking for a way, for a purpose.

Kroc: Yes!

Figure: All this time, you have been watched by Solek. As he raises the sun every day, he has seen your peoples zeal. The sun is fire, and fire is within you and your tribe. You have felt it. Is this not true?

Kroc: It is true! I have felt something, someone, trying to speak to me. Now that I hear you speak his name, I know it was Solek!

Figure: You are wise. Solek wants you to come here, to his pyramid, so that he can teach you about what he wants (and about fire).

Kroc: I will bring my tribe here, so we can learn from you about great Solek! (And fire. Fire is important, it gives + damage right?).

Figure: Bring them here and I will make space for them (Yes yes, +dam, I'll give you an enchantment to show the others).

ImageImage

FWOOOSH!

Kroc: I can feel it! Great Solek, we will fight for you now!

And thus, King Kroc and his tribe were approched by the cult of Solek, outfitted and slowly prodded into making forays against the larger nations in the vicinity. More to follow, maybe?

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Re: King Kroc: The prologue

Post by sahasrahla » Wed May 31, 2017 3:17 pm

idk why no one ever replied to this, it's awesome

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Wed May 31, 2017 3:25 pm

I never saw it until now. It's cool. You're welcome.
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:00 am

I didn't reply but I gave it a highlight on the newsfeed: http://brikwars.com/2017/03/forum-highl ... rch-19-25/
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cakeman » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:54 am

I notice the highlight, and replies are always good for encouragement. Thanks all :-)

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:01 am

Sweet temple build
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff