Beginnings of a new empire

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

Re: Beginnings of a new empire

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:28 am

Taking it in daylight and holding it steady should help. If you must take it in the dark see if your phone has an exposure slider which would probably be in some sort of advanced/pro mode. In this case, the phone should be absolutely still to prevent blurring
Image Image
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Postby Darkstorm » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:50 am

Yeah, my ipad has a survivor case, which covers up the flash (because there legit is no flash that I can see), and I probably was photo-shooting in the darkest room of the house. I'll see what I can do to lighten/enhance the pics. Also, I eventually plan to fix the tiny images from the previous posts.
The craigness is coming... Craigstorm will rise! Craig to all who oppose us!
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
What craigs, but has no craig, yet craigs all that craigs?
Some say the answer is craig, but only few know the real Craig. Soon, all will craig. Craigstorm is coming. :warhead:
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Darkstorm » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:59 am

On the bridge of Nexus 001...

an officer runs into the room. Archsentinel, I have a very important message for you!"
"Yes?" the Archsentinel replies.
The officer throws a glob of black goo onto the ground. Slowly, a figure arises from the ground.

"HAHAHAHAHAH! DID YOU MISS ME?!?!

One guard raises his gun to meet Darkstorm.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
Some say the answer is craig, but only few know the real Craig. Soon, all will craig. Craigstorm is coming. :warhead:
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Darkstorm » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:17 am

Before he could even pull the trigger, the guard behind him blows his head off.
Quite quickly a battle ensues, with the remaining guards revealing they have already been turned.
One of the alien officers seems to be able to shoot lightning from his hands-an interesting but powerful ability. He charges an attack.
He discharges it on the black body of the messenger, who was already fully turned. The messenger doubles over, then collapses to the floor.
Darkstorm again uses his powers to attack the golden knight.
The alien again charges his energy, and discharges towards Darkstorm. He just quickly realizes that he is being shot at and attempts a heroic feat to dodge it, because he had seen that it had discovered the only way to kill a shadow...
Success! Darkstorm, in an act of pure ninja-like reflexes, dodges two bolts of lightning after they were fired not ten studs from him.
The guard, no longer tied up with attacking the golden knight, now shoots the head off of the energy alien. Darkstorm walks over away from the scene of battle for a moment, then begins to hold out his hands. Like a snake of the night, a form slithers around his hands only to stretch out, molding itself into a long cylinder. The surface appears as smooth as a gentle pond, undisturbed by the wind. Suddenly, other objects form on and around the cylinder. Darkstorm takes it and points it directly at the Archsentinel-
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Darkstorm » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:32 am

Then, in a brilliant flash of OTC light, blowing the Archsentinel to bits.
The blast is enough to knock over a nearby shadow.

As he looks upon the scene of this gruesome battle won, Darkstorm can't help but be pleased.
"FINALLY! THE LAST OF THE DARKLORDS HAS CONQUERED AGAIN! THEIR LEGACIES SHALL LIVE ON!  :studgod:
He then lets out a bloodcurdling shriek of pure minifig joy, but more dark and evil-sounding, like that of a bird of prey, attacking its victims.

But this is only the beginning...
:wtc:  :mystery: :whoelse:  
*end part I. part II soon to come...* :twss:
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:46 am

Darkstorm wrote:Then, in a brilliant flash of OTC light, blowing the Archsentinel to bits.

This shot is OSSUM
Image Image
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Postby Darkstorm » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:21 pm

Here's a prequel of sorts to keep you guys entertained:

Once upon a time, in B.R. 1977, when the Deadly SpaceMen began to invade the brikverse, they came across one planet that intrigued them. Minifigs, not protofig or DSM, inhabited this planet. "How could this be possible?" they wondered. They invaded anyway. As they always do, they conquered this planet as well. However, the Minifigs all put up one hell of a fight. While they did so, one scientist (a mad one, though all scientists are mad, especially when they can't get a grant) devised a way to defeat the DSMs invading their planet. He worked endlessly, concocting solutions and potions, mixtures and venoms, until he one day mixed certain ABS (still unknown to this day which they were) and it began to vibrate. Soon it vibrated so quickly the vial it was in shattered. The scientist didn't know what to do - so he put the substance in another container. That one too ruptured. One day, when the scientist approached the substance that had broken his last vial, he decided that whatever he had created, it would be useful as a weapon. So, as any warlike minifig would, he scooped it up in his hand and ran out the door of his lab. As the substance vibrated, the scientist felt his hands do so as well. Suddenly, the substance simply absorbed into the minifig's hand! He suddenly felt disoriented, and stumbled to the ground. He soon awoke, but with a strange feeling of power inside of him. He suddenly was startled as huge laser blasts scream over his head. The deadly spacemen are coming! he thought to humself. He got up and began to run toward his lab to grab a weapon, but he stopped after a few studs. He thought to himself, although feeling quite irrational, that he wouldn't need a weapon. But that's absurd! he thought. Ignoring his better judgement, the scientist follows his instinct to run over the hill where the blasts came from. As he did, he came face-to-face with several Deadly SpaceMen.

More to come later...
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Darkstorm » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Prequel pt. II

Without even thinking, he lifts his hands, releasing a burst of black energy, causing the DSM to writhe around on the ground, violently at first, then slower, then not. A black tint shades the DSM's face as it dies. The other two attack the minifig, to no avail. The gunfire and sword slashes have no affect on him- he keeps on shooting bursts of this mysterious energy at the DSMs, blackening them with ease. Finally! he thought to himself - finally, I have devised a weapon to destroy these invaders! He realized the potential of this weapon- invincibility, the ability to kill DSM in one shot- this could be the end of the war.    :studgod:

As he valiantly attacks DSM ships, destroying equipment and DSM alike, he faces more and more Deadly SpaceMen. After much time and many DSM dead, he suddenly is hit by a different kind of weapon- one that doesn't bounce off of him. Crying out in pain, he falls to the ground. He quickly realizes that he can't move- at all. The Deadly SpaceMen, unable to kill this new creation, used a special weapon to neutralize the threat. They compress the molecular structure and lock him-or it- into a small cylinder and send it deep into space. It was never seen again...until...one day...on the S.S.A. Hyperion...

This was a little backstory I devised that went back into previous Rekonstruktions, violating as little established history as possible. If you have suggestions to improve this prequel (as I wrote it in 5-10 mins), please comment how to make it more ossum. Thanks for reading!  :wink:
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Archduke » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:48 pm

Thank you for killing those knock-off Burghers.

Space Austria must become the only Senate commando faction!
A smile Worth Protecting!
Archduke
Cannon Fodder

Postby Darkstorm » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:51 pm

:wink: No problem!
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Darkstorm » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:53 pm

Even though technically they're all dead, three are still undead... but no helmet   :fudge:
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Darkstorm » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:57 pm

Don't worry - those guys were just ones I used as a kind of "emperor's guard" kind of trooper
But they won't live
They will die
If you see them again
X___X
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Darkstorm » Sat May 06, 2017 7:06 pm

Episode II
The rise of Shadowstorm
There once was a rebellion, on a planet...

not far away. In fact, it was very nearby. It was planet Draex IV, the 4th world in the SSA's home system.

:pics: I know, I'll get 'em.

more to come soon!
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Darkstorm » Sun May 07, 2017 5:10 pm

A group of protesters gather with any weapons they can find to take down a few members of the Imperial Guard.
They are quickly fired upon, however only one protester is killed.
The protesters run forward with their weapons in hand, a few staying back with their ranged weapons at the ready. The raging mob tears apart the four troops, impaling some, while others are beaten to death.
Suddenly, a group of three bandit-looking aliens show up. You can never trust those dirty aliens...

More to come soon... :mystery:
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Darkstorm » Sun May 07, 2017 5:12 pm

Yeah this pic quality is terrible...
I really need to fix that   :fist:
Darkstorm
oh god

PreviousNext

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board