First contact

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

First contact

Postby Cakeman » Tue May 23, 2017 2:21 pm

(Where's a beige carpet when I need one??)

On the outskirts of the Halcyon Empire are several small systems and asteroids where unaffiliated traders, miners and adventurers sometimes meets. These meetingpoints might over time become more permanent, with proper landingpads, refueling, services offered and goods traded. This particular place is close to the imperial worlds, and has even attracted enough attention to merit the presence of a small Halcyon outpost.

This day, as we can see, there happens to be a somewhat clandestine meeting taking place between the Halcyon representative and some otherworldly agents. We can't really make out what is said, but those visitors look somewhat familiar.

Otherwise, not much is happening this particular day. The only ship here is an imperial shuttle, getting some maintenance done by a local mechanic and his droid helper. Suddenly (out of picture), a tech-kinda-guy appears in the doorway to the Halcyon outpost and rather hurridly disturbs the Halcyon representative in his talks.

"Sir! There is -"
"Not now, I'm busy!"
"But sir, sensors just picked up a large incoming signal closing really really fast! Infact, look there!"
And he points skywards, and suddenly a large shadow covers them all and a deep roar fills the air.

"A ship! (and the hand of the maker at that, now how about that?)"
"We have no idea what kind of ship it is sir, it's signature dosen't match anything on file here."
"Listen! What is that noise..?"

"WAAAAAAGGHHHHAAAAAA!!!" (AND the sound of the cannons firing, they're coming in hot. Dakka dakka? Bang bang? Pew pew? Pick one.)

"What in Cakes name is that thing?!? Is it a ship with towers and battlements?"
"It appears so sir!"
"A... a spacecastle, would you say? Or a shipcastle?"
"Aptly named sir, now isn't there an order you should be giving?"

"Oh right! Fire! Fire damn you!"
The Halcyon soldiers get their heavy plasma rifles into action and beams and slugs fly through the air, but nothing can stop the spacecastle touching down right on top of the base.

Dust and debris flies everywhere and for a moment noone can see anything, and there is a temporary silence made so much bigger by all the noise that just had been going on.
Then, hatches open and even thougn not seen, a strange sound as of scaled feet scraping on a metal deck can be heard. Many such noises.
"What the...?!"

"MEAT!" they shout as they leap out of the shipcastles hold and swarm out onto the base.
"Emperors arse!" says the representative, "this looks bad! Tell the pilot to take of and bring word to the empire at once!"
"Yes siaaAAAAARGH!" screams the techy-guy since he is unarmed and just got bitten by a space crocodile. He curses as he remembers the fortune teller years ago who said something to this effect and wanted to sell him a talisman for warding off crocodiles, and he had just laughed at the fortune teller. Bah, we live on spaceships, who has ever seen a wild crocodile, eh? But this was before the Chima line came out. Anyway, he dearly regrets it now. And that he is unarmed.

So the pilot of the shuttle blasts off, the shuttle getting through the initial onslaught undamaged like a miracle (or because of plot, now thats railroading). The pilot doesn't even look back as he leaves the battle behind, intent on getting back to Empire space, telling them what has happened and asking for a weapons upgrade for his shuttle. Because really, isn't this a wargame? Halcyon? Come on!
Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Re: First contact

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Tue May 23, 2017 2:24 pm

:omnom:
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Postby Steel_Valkyrie » Tue May 23, 2017 2:31 pm

I wish I has that many smooth plates...
Good work!
Image Image
Steel_Valkyrie
Also sounding like a whiny bitch

Postby Darkstorm » Tue May 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Steel_Valkyrie wrote:I wish I has that many smooth plates...
Good work!

I agree on both accounts. I hope the crocs eat everyone.
The darkness is coming... Darkstorm will rise! Death to all who oppose us!
My Faction:Darkstorm Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Captain-Camper » Tue May 23, 2017 6:52 pm

looks good
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
Captain-Camper
seriously?

Postby sahasrahla » Tue May 23, 2017 7:55 pm

YESSSSSSSSSS
sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board