All's fair in love and war (DECLARATION OF WAR!!!)

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

All's fair in love and war (DECLARATION OF WAR!!!)

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:01 am

<TRANSMISSION COMMENCING>
NETWORK ESTABLISHED
NETWORK ESTABLISHED
{ALL NETWORKS="ESTABLISHED"}

<LOCATION:> {KIAHOL, NORTHERN ALKERIA}
<SECURITY FOOTAGE OF AREA 00852992230>
{DESCRIPTION:} At 13:00 an unknown scout trespassed in sector 00852992230. They were armed, and were mostly undetected until they set off an alarm.

They wandered around, taking samples and scanning things. We are unsure but we suspect the spy was looking for military facilities.

PRAETORIAN SCOUT: Hmmm.. very few life forms in sight, just some insects and a bird of some kind. Still,this planet shows signs of intelligent life...

<FOOTAGE TERMINATED>
EVIDENCE B
<TRANSMISSION COMMENCING...>

<LOCATION>="KIAHOL-BASE"

IMPERIAL SOLDIER: Sir? Security breach in area  00852992230. It's a humanoid.
KALLUS: What? Give me a full report.

IMPERIAL SOLDIER:Target is carrying an energy weapon, and seems to be heading due South. Should we send out a team to intercept?
KALLUS:Sure. Just send out some standard commandos.

IMPERIAL SOLDIER:Yes sir. The only vehicle we have available here is an old Viper tank from the Alkerians. It's in remarkable shape, considering it's age.
KALLUS:Alright. Send them out in that. I'm going to send a report to Gree and Alkerith.

*ALARM BELLS SOUND*
IMPERIAL COMMANDO: ALARMS! Move it! Move it! They'll brief us on the way. GO GO GO!!!

IMPERIAL COMMANDO:Into the tank! There's been a security breach. Command will send us the coordinates.
IMPERIAL COMMANDO 2: SIR YES SIR!!!

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
<EVIDENCE C>
<COMMENCING TRANSMISSION...>

The tank headed to the site of the breach. They were told not to fire unless fired upon, and carried out that order perfectly.

Viper tanks were used by the Alkerians before the crisis. Now only a few have survived, and they have been salvaged from wreaks. This one is the best preserved left, but even it is now a shadow of what it once was.

IMPERIAL COMMANDER:There he is! Open the doors!!

IMPERIAL COMMANDO:Hey! You! FREEZE!! HOLD IT!!!

IMPERIAL COMMANDO 2: Didn't you hear him? Hold it! Wait, he's raising his-

<WEAPONS FIRE DETECTED>
IMPERIAL COMMANDO 2:GYAAAAGH!

IMPERIAL COMMANDO: SUCK ON THIS YOU GOD DAMN-

<WEAPONS FIRE DETECTED>

In his rush to enact revenge, he did not check his aim, and the shot missed. His first mistake... and his LAST.

The scout shot up into the air using a long range jetpack and fired another shot from his rifle.
<WEAPONS FIRE DETECTED>

IMPERIAL COMMANDO:ARGH!!!

IMPERIAL JUNGLE PILOT: He's making a run for it! OPEN FIRE!!!

The Viper tank, which had remained peaceful up until that moment let loose it's deadly arsenal of weaponry. No man could withstand the onslaught from it's guns. And the scout didn't fare to well either.
<WEAPONS FIRE DETECTED>

IMPERIAL JUNGLE PILOT:Target neutralized. We'll bring the body back to base for analysis. Permission to bury deceased?
KALLUS: Permission granted. Take all the time you need.

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

<LIVE BROADCAST COMMENCING...>

Hiremas Alkerith: The footage I have just showed you tells how a scout from an unknown world landed on our planet and attacked OUR people. Our soldiers fired in self defence, and there is no doubt that the SCOUT fired first.

Hiremas Alkerith: Analysis on the suit proved difficult, but we eventually got the information we needed. It was an experimental suit made by a certain "Praetorian Empire", designed for long range exploration of potentially hostile worlds. The tools he carried were very probably meant to be used for sabotage, and I ask you this. Why would someone go to a planet with peaceful intentions, while carrying a firearm?

Hiremas Alkerith: After the attack an emergency meeting was held, and from it we concluded one thing. This attack was an act of war. Our scouts have also found "Praetorian" ships in the Magikallenic cloud, which WE discovered along with the Darkstorm Empire (Quietly sighs).

Hiremas Alkerith: We know that the Praetorians are not native to the Magikallenic cloud, and are therefore trying to lay claim to it before we do. This will NOT succeed. I now ask that the leader of the Praetorian empire come forth, so that we may discuss this like men, instead of sending out petty scouts. I will also remind you that we see this attack as an act of war. I repeat, an act of WAR.

<TRANSMISSION TERMINATED>
<NETWORK LOST>
<RECONNECTING...>
<NETWORK DELETED>

THIS MEANS WAR!!!

:sparta:
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Re: All's fair in love and war (DECLARATION OF WAR!!!)

Postby Darkstorm » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:33 pm

:<3:  :mrgreen:
The darkness is coming... Darkstorm will rise! Death to all who oppose us!
My Faction:Darkstorm Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
What begins, but has no end, yet ends all that begins?
Some say the answer is death, but only few know the real answer. Soon, all will know. Darkstorm is coming.
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby motorhead fan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:35 am

Yes, but perhaps the footage was tampered with, why else would Hiremas Alkerith be so quick to state that it was the scout who fired first,
surely he must know that the Nehellinium inhabitants are intelligent enough to see that themselves. Maybe he is trying to make it seem as though
the Praetorians are the evil agressors although it is him all along!
motorhead fan
Can the gun aim upwards? Because on mine, it keeps flopping down and it's a bit annoying.

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:37 am

:tiger:
Exactly. It's very probable that the "Imperial" army rigged the security footage, as they want to keep the reputation of their soldiers high.

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Darkstorm » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:51 am

Hiremas Alkerith wrote::tiger:
Exactly. It's very probable that the "Imperial" army rigged the security footage, as they want to keep the reputation of their soldiers high.

True... hmm... :mystery:
The darkness is coming... Darkstorm will rise! Death to all who oppose us!
My Faction:Darkstorm Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
What begins, but has no end, yet ends all that begins?
Some say the answer is death, but only few know the real answer. Soon, all will know. Darkstorm is coming.
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:44 am

I should just clarify that Hiremas Alkerith never knew the footage was rigged, and would never do anything like that himself (He actually has very strong principles, and would not ally himself with the Darkstorm empire if the others hadn't voted him down). While he disapproved of the Imperial army's motives and found Gree to be *ahem* somewhat eccentric (But usually tolerable and an excellent tactician when sober). However, the truth was that the Imperials were frauds in every sense. What really happened (Probably) was that the scout was told to freeze, maybe one of the soldiers fired a shot trying to kill the scout, and got killed. Then from there things grew, and the Imperials didn't want to make their troops look bad. They'd also profited nicely from the war between Aldebraan and Alkeria, and thought that another war might further their money making. So, they rigged the security footage, and gave it to Alkerith to deal with. Which he did. By declaring war. Because he feels that such actions are unjust. And it means we can all kick ass.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Omega Prime » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:26 am

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:I should just clarify that Hiremas Alkerith never knew the footage was rigged, and would never do anything like that himself (He actually has very strong principles, and would not ally himself with the Darkstorm empire if the others hadn't voted him down). While he disapproved of the Imperial army's motives and found Gree to be *ahem* somewhat eccentric (But usually tolerable and an excellent tactician when sober). However, the truth was that the Imperials were frauds in every sense. What really happened (Probably) was that the scout was told to freeze, maybe one of the soldiers fired a shot trying to kill the scout, and got killed. Then from there things grew, and the Imperials didn't want to make their troops look bad. They'd also profited nicely from the war between Aldebraan and Alkeria, and thought that another war might further their money making. So, they rigged the security footage, and gave it to Alkerith to deal with. Which he did. By declaring war. Because he feels that such actions are unjust. And it means we can all kick ass.

Interesting...
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Postby Kastrenzo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:38 pm

that guy is not wearing enough black,  like the real edgelord that he is
Faction Index
Last week I put liquid paper on a bee. And it died
Current Works in Progress (Battles, Soaps, etc)
Spoiler: show
Operation Harvest Red, Syndikat Space pirate story, Volhinyan Civil War, Shulga Saga, History of the Gold Sector
High Priority Low Priority Long Term Project

Factions Currentley being focused on
Spoiler: show
Peacheneg Armata Coalition, Chernarus, Volhinya
Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:29 am

Kastrenzo wrote:that guy is not wearing enough black,  like the real edgelord that he is

Wait, which guy? Alkerith? :wtc:

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board