Just War [A Magikallenic Mystery Tour]

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

Just War [A Magikallenic Mystery Tour]

Postby dilanski » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Task Force 12 “Lightning Force” - Planet Hier III - Terminate Region

Every year millions of peach refugees come ashore in the Omegalon galaxy. Displaced by war, conflict and the continuing Assyrian peach holocaust, these refugees are looking to live peacefully and safely. Exterminating these peaches is therefore a priority, especially during a time of relative calm.

Master Anatolia Argheart is leading a force to cull the peaches on planet Hier III, destroying their hives while leaving the planet and its resources intact for future use.

Anatolia Argheart - “Lightning actual to strike team one, report progress on objective; over”

Idris Pilate - “Strike one lead here, we are half a click out from the shield generator power facility. Intel seems to be correct with no hostile contacts so far”

Anatolia Argheart - “Peaches can be resourceful when it comes to protecting their hides. Expect traps and ambushes as you get closer. Let your Guardians take point, they’ll pick up any peach rats before you’ll even have line of sight”

Idris Pilate - “Can confirm ma’am, Guardians are on point. Can you confirm your armoured division is at a safe distance?”

Anatolia Argheart - “You know well I am. Thirty clicks out from the outer wall of the hive. Just enough to give myself a nice ionising tan when the fireworks start”

Guardian Drone - “Sensors detecting twentyfive hostile targets. Possibility of mission failure, 20%. Beginning breach and clear program”

Guardian Drone - ”Reappraising enemy effectiveness, possibility of mission failure, 0%. Continuing elimination of hostile life forms”

Idris Pilate - “So much for intel, this place is infested. Alright men, get into covering fire positions and let the drones do the heavy lifting on this one”

Idris Pilate - “Strike one to Lightning actual. We’ve secured the generator room, explosive charges are set and ready to detonate on us teleporting out. Beacons are ready, lock onto us and teleport when ready”

Anatolia Argheart - “Commodore, strike one has completed its mission and are ready to teleport. You are weapons free to level that hive; have transports ready so we can move onto the southern pole settlements and get them cleansed”

Commodore - “By your command master, a warhead will be inbound momentarily. However you may need to postpone your next assault. I have received a priority notification to put you in contact with Lord Retragon immediately. No other details have been given, but we are ready to connect you to them”

Anatolia Argheart - “Lord Retragon; and no other details? Fine. Put me through to him”

Presidential Vessel One-Ought-One - Shekor Region

Balkar Retragon - “Well madam president, this is my first time aboard the one-ought-one, but it is a marvellous operations centre you have, I might just need to get furniture this comfy aboard the Infallible”

Grace Rheesus - “Your predecessor said much the same thing of my last presidential vessel. Office has its perks Lord Retragon, you may want to make a note of that, as it seemed he didn’t”

Balkar Retragon - “Alexander was never in it for the comfy sofa’s and hardwood coffee tables. It’s easy to see why he gave up and vanished when it no longer suited him”

Grace Rheesus - “A high ranking fleet command officer; abandoning their post when it was no longer convenient?! Shocking. Well Lord Retragon, you didn’t come to speak about the not so dearly departed, so what brings you here?

Balkar Retragon - “I would get down to it, but we are just waiting on someone who should be here any second now…”

Anatolia Argheart - “Greetings from the front Lord Retragon… And apologies madam president? I wasn’t expecting to speak to you”

Balkar Retragon - “No need to apologise to your dear President, Master Argheart. I am sure she is OK being in the room with two people who didn’t vote for her. Well, one person and a hologram. But now we are all present, we can begin”

Grace Rheesus - “I’d reprimand you on your sarcasm; If I hadn’t of started it. But very well, firstly though, what is that awful sound in the background; like burning. Is your connection working properly Master Argheart?”

Anatolia Argheart - “The connection is fine madam President. It is just the sound of taxpayer Electrum being put to good use”

Balkar Retragon - “This video has been circulating, mostly on Trattorian image boards, and among a few conspiracy groups. It’s a declaration of war, coming from a group known as the Alkeria; a member of the Darkstrom Alliance. Citing our meddling in the Magikallenic cloud”

Grace Rheesus - ”Okay Retragon, I’ll bite. We aren’t doing anything in the Magikallenic cloud, so why is this group declaring war?”

Balkar Retragon - “We aren’t, but the Ministry of Intelligence is. Specifically a joint MoI and RARCom taskforce, which we have now lost contact with. They’d picked up an anomalous signature in the Magikallenic cloud, temporal in nature. They got close as far as we could tell. And the signature became even more confusing. If correct, the last readings they relayed were an IFF signal. A praetorian IFF signal. Exodus class”

Grace Rheesus - “You aren’t about to suggest? You are aren’t you”

Balkar Retragon - “I am. Every Exodus class warship that ever left Omegalon was returned and dismantled when the class was decommissioned. Barring one”

Anatolia Argheart - “The Spirit of Ragnablok?!”

Balkar Retragon - “Exactly. And as Alexander’s protege, I am sure he has told you everything about that vessel. Specially constructed for the Allied Nations pax corps defence forces; believed to be lost during the first battle of New York. Yet no wreckage ever identified. Alex disappeared looking for that vessel; no one believed him that it was still out there. But that is what he was tracking down all those years ago when he disappeared”

Grace Rheesus - “So, this is what you are here for Lord Retragon, you are asking me to authorise military action in another galaxy, and assign a Task Force with the mission of identifying if this IFF signal is genuine?

Balkar Retragon - “And I want Master Argheart here to lead that force, a joint one no less. Not just because of her relation to Alexander, but because her record is exemplary, and having her bomb peaches is a saddening waste of talent”

Grace Rheesus - “Fleet Command, MoI and RARCom working together? That will be a first. Very well. I trust your judgement that this is a strategically useful action to be taking, especially as having a larger presence in the Magikallenic cloud may bring other benefits. You may also fight this so called Alkeria and whatever alliance they may be a part of”

Balkar Retragon - "Excellent. I'll be sending a vessel to bring you back to fleet base phobos Anatolia, your task force should be more than equipped to deal with the last few peach hives.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Re: Just War [A Magikallenic Mystery Tour]

Postby Archduke » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Space Austria welcomes all peach refugees
If you have supply, we have demand
A smile Worth Protecting!
Archduke
Cannon Fodder

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:56 am

:tiger:
Really sweet soap!!
Just to clarify, you're executing peaches now?? I thought Praetoria was peach friendly....
Alkeria is also happy to accept peaches, we are always looking for workers and would treat them well...
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby dilanski » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:15 am

Hiremas Alkerith wrote::tiger:
Really sweet soap!!
Just to clarify, you're executing peaches now?? I thought Praetoria was peach friendly....
Alkeria is also happy to accept peaches, we are always looking for workers and would treat them well...

Officially peach Neutral, but most citizens are anti-peach, and peaches are excluded from being public servants. Peach refugees aren't accepted as asylum seekers, so tend to set up on the fringes of our space (See "New Peach City"). Peaches believe that they will be safe from persecution outside of Nehellenium, but they find out much the opposite. Given the time it takes to cross from Nehellenium to Omegalon onboard ships that aren't build for extra galactic travel, they aren't willing to make the journey back.

These peach colonies eventually reach a point of becoming functional city states. At which point they are considered a threat and destroyed.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Postby Captain-Camper » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:27 pm

And all of this could be avoided if you voted for Prexit
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
Captain-Camper
seriously?

Postby Darkstorm » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:01 pm

nice tho
The craigness is coming... Craigstorm will rise! Craig to all who oppose us!
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
What craigs, but has no craig, yet craigs all that craigs?
Some say the answer is craig, but only few know the real Craig. Soon, all will craig. Craigstorm is coming. :warhead:
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Omega Prime » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:26 pm

:byzero: that's where the Spirit went...
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board