Vyse News Dispatch No.1

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

Vyse News Dispatch No.1

Postby Kastrenzo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:59 pm

They don't do it anymore,  since they seem to focus on political bullshit and other skeleton stuff now, But I used to love VICE news for it's warzone dispatches to Ukraine, Syria, Mexico, etc.  that's what this is based on,  and I'll be doing some of these as suppliments to my own kanon. just to give people a laymans, no-shit explanation of some of the complicated storylines going on in my briklore

Imagecaaaa by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

*Gunfire and shouting can be heard as the background image blurs with the intro title*

Vyse Journalist Simon Orlovsky: The Gold Sector has always been known for perpetual sectarian violence since the collapse of the Elkossian Empire nearly 10 revolutions ago, one of the biggest conflicts was the one between the South Zagorians, and the Homeworld Galychnans.. or Galacians in modern terminology.

Imagevyse2 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
This fight continued off and on eversince R.2012,  and it escalated greatly in R.2017 when Marshal Shulga overthrew the Galacian government and declared himself ruler. Pro-demokratic dissidents fled south and joined the Zagorians, who's ideology had now become twofold.

Imagevyse3 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

But sometime Last thursday.. this conflict  came to an abrupt end as the two sides signed a peace treaty, Zagoria was granted full independence and the two sides pulled their forces away from the front... Part of the deal was that the Zagorians would give up several systems in the west of their territory,  but as collateral, the Imperiya promised to demilitarize  some of them as a buffer zone between the two... however in the grand scheme of things.. this actually  caused more problems than it solved...

Imagevyse4 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

You see.. because west of Zagoria,  in the Mozorovan systems of the Gold Sector, there's another, even messier conflict raging there spilled over into the region. A right wing Galacian Nationalist paramilitary group known as Cherhovna Bryhada moved troops into the Buffer zone and tried to use it as a base of operations,  The Imperiya temporarily violated the agreement, and chased them out..  But some of the Bryhada units didn't go back west,  they went further east into Zagoria. And they started waging war against the newly minted Zagorian Systems...

I traveled to Zagoria to get a firsthand look at this new situation as it unfolded ..

Arktusk city, Maripol, Zagoria

Image20171017_211209 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon: So I just got off the shuttle.. we haven't been here for more than half an hour and people around here are already talking about a bombing not far from the starport..  We're gonna go over there and see if they'll let us ask some questions..

Image20171017_211301 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

Simon: I don't know what happened here, it doesn't look like this was a military target,  there's a car blown up in the street and some people are gathering around here... Im surprised it wasn't worse as there's an Octan station right over there.. It looks like there's two casualties, I see a man and a woman dead on the ground.. Some of the locals around here are saying that this happens all the time,  and that it's the Bryhada carrying out most of these attacks..

Image20171017_211325 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon: So can you tell me what happened here?  did you see anything?
Fig 1: Terrorists tried to I think... how you say?.. blow up car at fuel station but something go wrong?  
Fig 2: Then again sometimes they just attack people for no reason just to keep us afraid... figs die all the time.
Simon: What is the local government doing about this?  
Fig 1: *scoffs* Government pffft..  They tell us.. "We have peace"... is this peace?  .. My brother die for this.. for what?  nothing changed.

Image20171017_211345 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

Simon: What the hell is going on here... they're not even removing the bodies they're just.. blocking traffic and it's causing more and more minifigs to rubberneck... ugh.. look at that.. the guy's head got taken off.. thats gross.

Image20171017_211421 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

*A ZDF soldier interrupts, pushing them out of the way and blocking the camera*
Zagorian Soldier: No cameras, no pictures!
Simon: But I'm with the press.. we're not doing...
Zagorian Soldier: I don't give a fuck press.. no cameras, leave !.  leave or you go to jail!..

Simon: Shit.. let's just get out of here before we get shot...

Simon Narrating: Later, we were allowed to go into a Zagorian Defense force outpost and speak to some of the soldiers.  Many of these figs were supposed to go home to their families after the treaty was signed,  but since the  violence with the Bryhada has started, some of them have had their vacation spoiled.. and morale is very low among these soldiers..

Image20171017_211535 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*The camera focuses on a couple of troops firing a mortar*

Simon: Look at that.. they're firing mortars right into the neighboring block.. and people still live there. .. really gives you a sense of how dug-in the Bryhada is, and how desperate the Zagorian army has become to evict them..

Image20171017_211620 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

Simon Narrating: I got the chance to speak to some of the soldiers, they were very angry at the situation,  and ripe with conspiracy theories.

Simon: What can you tell me about what's going on here in Zagoria since the violence started again?
Zagorian Soldier 1: Bullshit. we sign a treaty with Shulga, and then he just lets galacian terrorists fly over here and start giving us problems.  At least when Lahey was their president, the Bryhada seemed to have an opposing ideology to Galacia.. Now despite them still fighting one another... the ZCB loves Shulga... or at least loves him for getting rid of Lahey.
Simon: So you think they might be colluding together?
Zagorian Soldier 1: Absolutely,  its case by case base. In the west they're definetely not friends,  but here its in Shulga's interest to let fascist psychopaths raise hell.
Simon: No one else is helping you?
Zagorian Soldier 2: Ha. no.. Galacians say to us a few days after signing treaty "Ohhh you are free nation, please, defend yourselves.. it's no our concern"... Volhinyans wont help us anymore because they're still fighting Imperiya,  and we thought we might finally get legitimate support from USA but now with Trump I not sure what to think...
Zagorian Soldier 1: Yea we pretty much left to fend for ourselves as always.. We're not going to lose this war,  but it's going to make life very difficult especially in our first days of freedom from Imperiya.

Simon Narrating: One of the soldiers then invited me to come along on a patrol into a city block known as the "Prom Zone". A commercial and shopping district that had become a Bryhada stronghold, where the ZDF troops head to blow off steam.. by shooting at people close range.

Image20171017_211919 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon: So I'm gonna be going with these guys,  but they won't let me go without protection.. I have a vest but I didn't think I'd be going with a patrol this early in the trip.. they're telling me I have to wear a helmet to go with them too... and they won't let me have one of theirs.. Because they didn't want me being targetted by the Bryhada..*chuckles* but they gave me a Galacian helmet... Somehow I feel like I'm just as likely to get shot by a random passerby for wearing this thing

Image20171017_211939 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*he puts the helmet on*
Simon: Fucking hell.. the shield on this thing is way heavier than it needs to be.. I've seen pictures of these things but I never knew how clunky they were..

Image20171017_211956 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon: Okay!.. we're ready to go,  here's hoping I don't get shot in the back by an angry Zagorian housewife..

"Prom Zone", Arktusk City

Simon: Why do they call this the Prom zone? There must be a meaning behind it?
Zagorian Sergeant: Kids used to take their girlfriends here on date night.. I don't remember much else about the story.. I think it should be called Arktusk garbage dump..
Simon: Why's that?"
Zagorian Sergeant: the mess obviously!.. Fucking Animals blew up a fire truck here just two nights ago and then someone else dump truckload of boxes and other garbage.. got so bad that people started making barricades out of it.
Simon: What about the bryhada?
Zagorian Sergeant: terrorists like to hold up in some of the buildings,  we shot a couple last night here but we keep taking light fire at the outpost from one of the buildings here so we want to flush them out.

Image20171017_212340 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon: Okay we're up on the roof of a building out of the way now,  We've got a nice view of the prom zone here.. it looks like some kind of large parking lot for the shops here.. There's still people milling about in the streets below,  but I can see the fire truck they were talking about.. completely scorched.. Oh.. Shit.. and they just told me that there's Bryhada soldiers on the ground over there
Zagorian Soldier: Shut the fuck up, Blyad..

Image20171017_212422 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon whispering: Okay they're telling us to get down and be quiet,  but you can see in the distance there's a small apartment building over there with a bunch of crap hanging off the roof.. The soldiers here say that's the building they think the potshots toward their camp have been coming from..

Image20171017_212430 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon: There's people moving around in there.. and there's someone on the roof..

Image20171017_212437 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon: The guys down below are getting into position... there's gonna be some shooting here I think.. this is so intense..

Image20171017_212505 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Bryhada militant shouting: ВКЛЮЧЕННЯ! (Fuck off!)
*Gunfire crackles from the rooftop*
Simon: Oh fuck!
Zagorian Sergeant: Down! get down!

Image20171017_212647 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Down below, one of the ZDF troops gets hit, and others start shooting back*

Image20171017_212721 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*The sergeant pushes Simon out of the way*
Zagorian Sergeant: Move out of the way!

Image20171017_212748 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*He starts shooting at the figure on the rooftop*
*Gunfire*

Image20171017_212854 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*After a few bursts of gunfire the fig on the top stops shooting,  he's dead.  Simon's cameraman turns the camera off for a few minutes*

Image20171017_213230 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*A few minutes later, the crew inspects the area after killing 3 Bryhada militants*
Simon: So it's been a few minutes since the shooting stopped,  we had to turn off the camera because the Zagorians were getting really pissed at us trying to record while they were fighting... they also didn't like us recording that guy bleeding on the ground but apparentley he's going to be okay... They're not letting us get any closer to the scene,  but there were a couple other guys who came out and fired at us.. They were killed over there by the firetruck... The soldiers here are also saying that the insurgents they fought and killed here today are just armed thugs.. and that the Bryhada has a considerable number of ex-military members who are just as well trained and equipped as the ZDF is.. in some cases, moreso...

Simon: And later that week.. I got to meet with some of the hardened Bryhada vets in a secret location...

Image20171017_213344 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

*Eerie music, and credits roll*
Faction Index
Last week I put liquid paper on a bee. And it died
Current Works in Progress (Battles, Soaps, etc)
Spoiler: show
Operation Harvest Red, Syndikat Space pirate story, Volhinyan Civil War, Shulga Saga, History of the Gold Sector
High Priority Low Priority Long Term Project

Factions Currentley being focused on
Spoiler: show
Peacheneg Armata Coalition, Chernarus, Volhinya
Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Re: Vyse News Dispatch No.1

Postby Omega Prime » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:42 pm

Wow, nice! Keep doing these!
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board