Vyse News Dispatch No.1 part 3

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Vyse News Dispatch No.1 part 3

Postby Kastrenzo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:57 pm

*The Intro screen flashes, with sounds of talking and clattering in the background of a blurred screen*

Image20171106_220449 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

Image20171106_220932 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon: After our incident in the Prom zone, we returned to the ZDF camp,  and after a few hours the soldier who was injured made a full recovery, I spoke with him for a moment before leaving..

Image20171106_221018 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon: and then said goodbye to the sergeant, he seemed excited to have taken outsiders into a day in the life of his troops..

Image20171106_221422 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Sounds of cars driving and horns honking*
Simon: We're on our way into an area the ZDF calls a "Red Zone", they're areas that are completely abandoned by ZDF patrols where the Bryhada operates freely,  our fixer here Mac, said he knows a few of the Bryhada soldiers who are stationed in this area and that they'd agree to meet with us.. we're on our way there now

It's really eerie here, there's spots where there's not a tree or a building for miles..  If it wasn't for the other traffic we'd be suspicious as fuck right now..

Image20171106_221704 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon Narrating: When we got there, there were a bunch of trucks and buggies parked outside,  painted in the signature Bryhada Black and Red.. the building was a dump, Mac said that they just use this house for quick meetings to screen people like the press or certain citizens..

Image20171106_221724 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon: This looks like the kind of place people go to get high.. there's graffiti all over the wall from some street gang or something.... And the homeowner's are pretty paranoid out here.. if you look on the window to my right there's a machinegun barrel sticking out of it.. haha..

Image20171106_221832 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*The door flies open and a bunch of red clad soldiers burst out of it,  shouting in Slavonik and pointing weapons at the crew*
Bryhada Soldier SHTOY, CYKA BLYAD STOP, FUCKING BITCH
Simon: Hey! hey! easy, Press!. Ya Presa! Ya Presa!

Image20171106_221922 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*They take the crew inside*
Simon: Okay.. don't point that fucking rocket at my head don't you know how stupid that is?!
Bryhada soldier: Turn off the camera, or I put a ballit in you
Cameraman: Okay man chill chill

Image20171106_222004 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon Narrating: After a few minutes, our fixer cleared it up for us.. it turned out that the person that Mac had been in communication with wasn't the commander of this unit, and hadn't cleared it with his sergeant.. who wasn't happy to see us.. They weren't willing to discuss much of their current operations, so they answered a few questions before taking us out on a ride

One thing that hadn't been completely clear to me until this point was that the Cherhovna Bryhada insurgency in Zagoria was a sphincter faction of the main chapter in the west. And that this Eastern Chapter was much less antagonistic towards the Galacian government,  and they viewed themselves as allies to the Imperiya

Image20171106_222031 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

Simon: What can you share with us about Cherhovna Bryhada,  how did it start,  what's it's overall goal.. and what's it doing in Zagoria?

Bryhada Serdzhant (Name witheld): Bryhada started during days of Galacian Republik.. Tesarik had lost election to Lahey.. A lot of patriots were angry that they declared a truce with the Peach terrorists.. and a lot of Elkossians were left homeless and jobless in Mozorov after the war there against Communist puppet state..  Tesarik gathered patriot supporters and we started to help the people of Mozorov rebuild and protected them against peach threat..

Simon Narrating: It's worth mentioning now, that the Cherhovna Bryhada became notorious for it's vicious and brutal attacks on Peach minorities in Mozorov and Sturgia, the AN and many other Space countries consider their acts to be nothing short of war crimes
Simon: So you originated from militant dissenters after Lahey won the election.. but how do you feel now that Lahey was ousted in a coup.. Some would say that Alexander Shulga's views are in line with that of your organization..?

Bryhada Serdzhant: That is where we had the division of members.. Most of the Bryhada still stays out west in Morzorov.. in hindsight Tesarik is kind of an asshole.. He knows Shulga will kill him if he ever tries to stand up to him.. and we aren't looking to get into a fight with our brothers.. But Out west it  doesn't seem like the leadership is intent on rejoining the fatherland anytime soon.. Eastern Chapter's intentions are to knock down the rebel state of Zagoria and return it to Galacian rule

Simon: .. but they signed a treaty..

Bryhada Serdzhant: *getting angry* that's only a temporary measure.. so that more troops can be sent north into battle on Arhus. anyone on either side who thinks this battle is over is just a fool

Simon: Aren't you concerned that the Zagorians will fight to protect their independence?  there's already word spreading that they have sought the protection of the USA..

Bryhada Serdzhant: *Laughs* We'll just have to kill them too then.

Image20171106_222239 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon Narrating: They had grown tired of answering my questions, but these guys wanted to have some fun with us before sending us off

Simon: So we're waiting for a ride.. they're going to take us to an black market arms bazaar.. One of the things that's not so apparent in Zagoria is that there aren't a lot of guns around.. these things are sent to the front or otherwise sold in illicit deals to be sent offworld by the tonne.. and those that are left for the locals and travelling mercenaries to buy, the Bryhada has it's hands in the pockets of all of these gun shops in the Red zones..

Image20171106_222344 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*One of the Bryhada buggies starts squealing it's tires and doing donuts in the street, blocking traffic*
Simon: These guys are nuts...

Image20171106_222438 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Suddenly a large armored truck pulls up and slams on the brakes on the sidewalk*
Simon:  Holy shit... look at that.. say what you will about their fucked up agenda... Cherhovna Bryhada is packing some serious heat for an "paramilitary insurgency".. I'm starting to understand why the ZDF hasn't pushed them out like we'd have expected.
Simon Narrating: Despite what we saw earlier in the prom zone,  outside reports suggest that these Battle hardened, murderous thugs have actually been putting the ZDF on their heels since the start of the conflict. Partly due to support recieved by Syndikat, a Militarized criminal organization that allied with the Bryhada, and share their same vicious tenacity.

Image20171106_222533 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Bryhada Soldier: Come on reporter. let's go.. Blyad..
Simon: Well at least if we're travelling in that, I'll feel a little less worried about getting killed in a USA drone strike..

Image20171106_223633 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon Narrating: When we arrived, the Officer told me that this was actually one of the smaller shops,  and that there was a reason we weren't allowed in the larger arms markets
Simon: So he just told me that the reason we came to this smaller shop is because if there are cameras seen at the larger markets, there's a very good chance that we'll get absolutely mobbed and won't make it out of there.. and that they aren't interested in having to "stomp out" another riot..I guess the last time they let a camera into one of those places.. one of the Bryhada guys started firing a fucking machinegun and killed 13 minifigs.. including a Polish Journalist..  Its still a pretty nice building though all things considered.  what did it used to be?

Bryhada Serdzhant: It was car parts store but looters emptied it.. we set up spots for merchants to do  business

Image20171106_224304 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

Image20171106_224304 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon: So this "small" gun market.. Is still pretty packed, I guess what they mean by small is the weapons being sold here.. with the exception of that mortar I'm not seeing any artillery here.. this is kind of funny it's like your corner grocery store.. for Space AKs.

*The camera shows a couple different shots of the store*
Image20171106_224310 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

Image20171106_224317 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

Image20171106_224330 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

Image20171106_224352 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon *Quietley*: So one of the reasons the black arms market has exploded here is that a large portion of the guns are being sold to buyers that are bringing them into USA markets.. USA Gun fanatics love collecting exotic foreign weapons.. and the Gold sector has pretty much been in a state of constant war for longer than some empires have even been around.. so it's created one of the biggest supplies of arms in the galaxy.  And with some places having more guns than minifigs to use them, they get sold by the tonne to Murican collectors and PMC groups abroad..

Image20171106_224416 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*He picks up a gun off the table and shows it to the camera*
Simon: If you needed any more convincing that the USA is involved in the black market arms trade here... here's a Murican assault rifle.. I'd think it's a coincidence if I didn't already see dozens of them in use by the Zagorian military.. and here are some of them here.

Image20171106_224459 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon: So he's got me at this bargain bin table.. to explain the "melting pot" of arms in the gold sector

Bryhada Serdzhant:  You already saw Murican guns here yes?  Here's some more from around the galaxy *He hands Simon a gun*

Image20171106_224655 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon: This is a ZDF rifle is it not?
Bryhada Serdzhant: Yes.. don't worry its not taken from a dead man,  battle captures usually get stripped for parts.. that one got taken during warehouse raid probably
Simon: Probably...?

Image20171106_224532 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon: Where's this one from?
Bryhada Serdzhant: Ahh good old Mozorovan M1
Simon: What?
Bryhada Serdzhant: That is Communist Mozorovan version of Elkossian service rifle,  that's probably older than you are kiddo. Old but still good gun.. Elkossian versions more reliable,  they have cylindrical barrels, not cone barrel

Image20171106_224751 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*He holds up another gun*
Bryhada Serdzhant: Galacian Kybov Pulse rifle...
Simon: I see a lot of those around here..
Bryhada Serdzhant:Is Good gun...that's why
Simon: Why don't you have one?
Bryhada Serdzhant: Better to just sell them.. they go for quite a price compared to some of this other shit.. ammo is plentiful for them so they're sought after.

Image20171106_224851 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Simon picks up a strange item*
Simon: Okay what the fuck is this?
Bryhada Serdzhant: *Laughs* That's uh... Blue mutant weapon.
Simon: What the fuck is that?
Bryhada Serdzhant: Handmade energy weapons made by big blue uglies, Galacians smuggled some of them back from Arhus.

Simon Narrating: I later found out what the blue mutants actually were.  The poor minifigs were actually M-Throne soldiers who were caught in a teleport warp when the Galacian navy destroyed their teleporter on Arhus,  and when the troops escaped the warp they were mindless and violentley aggressive.. since then they've been popping up all over the galaxy in pockets..

Image20171106_225019 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Simon carelessly slips his hand into the weapon and it goes off*
ZZAP
Crowd: WHAT OF FUCK. BLYAD. WHO THE FUCK
Simon: Shit...

*The camera stops for a few minutes*

Image20171106_225249 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Simon: So we just got kicked out of a black market gunshop... they're not too happy with me.. but by the looks of it one of the merchants is in shit with the Cherhovna Bryhada troops for leaving loaded weapons on the table... We're gonna get out of here in a minute.. and hopefully I don't get a foot up my ass or a bullet in the neck.. *laughs nervously*

Simon Narrating: While officials of the Galacian Imperiya deny any collusion between them and the Cherhovna Bryhada, going so far to label them as a terrorist organization.. the eastern CB seems content to look up to and praise the Imperiya.. Whatever the case, if the Zagorian Systems Republik doesn't get help soon, they could end up losing some of their valuable worlds to groups like this..
Faction Index
Last week I put liquid paper on a bee. And it died
Current Works in Progress (Battles, Soaps, etc)
Spoiler: show
Operation Harvest Red, Syndikat Space pirate story, Volhinyan Civil War, Shulga Saga, History of the Gold Sector
High Priority Low Priority Long Term Project

Factions Currentley being focused on
Spoiler: show
Peacheneg Armata Coalition, Chernarus, Volhinya
Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board