Analytic Continuation

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

Analytic Continuation

Postby Colette » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:31 am

Planet Mirai Orbit, Meritocratic Republic of Trattoria

Dr. Kamishiraishi, Junior Legislator of the 23rd District: Good morning everyone, I’m glad that you could make it.

Dr. Chandrashekar, Department Chair of Engineering: No worries, this is an important matter. We will always make time for Legislative oversight. I’m sure Dr. Shiina here from the Armed Forces Department has much to say as well.
Dr. Shiina, Stratego of the Sector III Fleet: ...

Dr. Kamishiraishi: I do regret that Dr. Branché appears unable to make the meeting, his input would have been valued. Nonetheless, I need to inquire as to the status of Project Euler -

Dr. Branché, CEO of Virgin Group: Did someone call for me?
Dr. Kamishiraishi: Damn second law of thermodynamics, do you know who you’re talking to? Show some respect and put some clothes on!

Dr. Branché: I’m the richest minifig in Trattoria, I’m busy, I’ve got things to do. You’re just a public servant representing a backwater district that would have been nothing without my company’s shipbuilding investment money.
Dr. Kamishiraishi: You have never been one for etiquette.
Dr. Branché: Etiquette is for suckers who have to care what other people think, and I already know I’m unpopular with you government folks. Why bother?

Dr. Kamishiraishi: Anyway, I need to know why Project Euler is over budget and exceeding specifications. I advocated for that project in the last armed forces appropriations act on behalf of my constituents, but it reflects rather poorly on me that its costs have ballooned. I wanted to get an update on your contractors-
Dr. Branché: Oh I D K anything about that, maybe next time you’ll think to call one of my more knowledgeable subordinates rather than demanding to take my own valuable time. Peace out!

Dr. Kamishiraishi: Well, Dr. Chandrashekar, would you happen to have anything more constructive to contribute to this conversation?

Dr. Chandrashekar: As a matter of fact, I do. My engineers and physicists have reported difficulty in realizing an intergalactic drive on the scale asked. These challenges in turn led to the expansion in size to accommodate a larger particle accelerator ring and a concomitant feature creep. I assure you that the project is on track to completion on a reasonable timeframe.

Dr. Kamishiraishi: And Dr. Shiina? You were the one who authored the white paper outlining Operation Monodromy. A classified operation is a hard case to make to constituents, but I need to know at least that these administrative headaches are for a good cause. Is Project Euler still necessary for the operation and Trattorian national security?

Dr. Chandrashekar: Dr. Shiina?

Dr. Shiina: ...

Dr. Shiina: I consider the Euler-class flagship indispensable to my plans. Provide me with what I ask, and I will prevent the arrival of the main Immortal fleet in Nehellenium.
ImageImageImage
Because everything's better with math.
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Re: Analytic Continuation

Postby Duerer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:17 am

Calling dibs on Chad Industries, acting as Virgin Group's eternal rival.
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Postby sahasrahla » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:11 am

seems like dr. branche already is a chad tho
sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Postby Colette » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:42 am

Sigma Legion Flagship INF Gomorrah, planet New Orleans orbit, United Systems Alliance

Accountant: My lady, it is a pleasure to report on the success of the Sigma Legion's invasion of the United Systems Alliance's southern regions.
Sting: How many times have we been over your pleasantry?

Sting: USA defenses have stymied your objectives in Florida time and time again, and what little progress you eke in Mississippi and Alabama comes at tremendous pyrrhic cost and this little at a laborious pace. Your leadership wiped out several entire cohorts of Sigma Legion forces within the first hour of the Battle of Gulfport, and lost an entire fleet during the taking of San Juan. As we speak, the Battles of Houston and Miami have ground to dead stalemates and consume Immortal war material at an unsustainable pace. In your old career in finance, they might have called this, shall we say, a performance review.

Accountant: My lady, I find your interpretation of the Sigma Legion’s efforts rather uncharitable. We have raised the Immortal flag over so much USA territory, I would hardly cast such a light on our accomplishm-
Sting: Uncharitable? As a member of the Immortal family and an enforcer for the Immortal Emperor, my word is law. So you’ve colored the edges of a map, what of it? Conquest is a marathon, not a sprint. The Sigma Legion is projected to deplete its limited resources within six months unless action is taken. Immortal High Command coordinates the invasion of an entire galaxy, not just a nation or a sector, and we cannot cater to your specific Legion’s every myopic whim or request for reinforcements.

Sting: In light of this, I am taking control of the Sigma Legion’s invasion of the United Systems Alliance which I first spoke of and proposed to the Immortal Emperor many years ago, effective immediately.

The Accountant chortles, rising and kicking his chair aside.
Accountant: I turned your words into reality, I broke the ennui of the Immortal War after so many years of stalemate. I crafted this conquest out of Immortal fire, blood, and steel with my own hands, NOT YOURS!

Accountant: Watch me you motherfucker, I’ll show you why the Immortal Empire needs me!
Sting: Remember my warning to you, Accountant. When one wishes for Immortality, one either proves their true worth, or dies.

Spoiler: show
Credit to Dilanski & Shadowscythe for the most excellent microships featured in the first pic.
Last edited by Colette on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby Colette » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:43 am

Moonhattan, Planet New York, United Systems Alliance

Dr. Kamishiraishi, Junior Legislator of Trattoria’s 23rd District: A Trattorian sushi restaurant? How transparent.

Dr. Dick Fuller, Chief Financial Officer of Goldman Sucks: It’s a pleasure to meet you, Dr. Kamishiraishi.
Dr. Kamishiraishi: The pleasure is mine, Dr. Fuller.
CFO Fuller: Please, you can call me Richard if you would like.

CFO Fuller: Very nice pink Chanel, by the way. From the 2005 collection?
Dr. Kamishiraishi: How did you know?
CFO Fuller: Too many years in the investment banking industry.

CFO Fuller: Please, have a seat.
Dr. Kamishiraishi: Thank you.

CFO Fuller: This place is a favorite of mine, as well as of the Michelin guide and the rest of the fine dining scene in this town. I used to come quite often with my boyfriend and many of my clients, and I hope you enjoy as well.
Dr. Kamishiraishi: You’re talking to a Trattorian, I’m going to be quite tough to impress with sushi.

Chef Miyagi: Trionian monkfish liver, in light yuzu sauce.
CFO Fuller: Itadakimasu.
Dr. Kamishiraishi: Oh don’t be so formal, no Trattorian actually says that.

CFO Fuller: As I understand it, you used to be an anime voice actress? That must have been exciting.
Dr. Kamishiraishi: Well before that I was an engineer with the Science Department, but yes, I was.
CFO Fuller: I can’t say I’ve watched much anime, but I had to see a few while I worked on the Lambda IPO deal. You played the leads in 3 Million Meters Per Second and Garden of Numbers, right?
Dr. Kamishiraishi: Yep. It’s nowhere near as exciting as you think though.

Chef Miyagi: Chutoro nigiri from Praetoria - medium fatty tuna meat from the belly.
Drs. Fuller & Kamishiraishi: Thank you.

CFO Fuller: So, Dr. Kamishiraishi, what motivated you to enter politics?
Dr. Kamishiraishi: Look, cut through the pleasantries Dr. Fuller. The CFO of Goldman Sucks does not simply invite a Trattorian politician over for food and light conversation - we Trattorians make for awful dining partners. So spit it out.

Chef Miyagi: Uni - Assyrian sea urchin roe wrapped in seaweed. Enjoy, please.

CFO Fuller: Look, you’re the last undeclared Trattorian Legislator on the Non-Aggression Pact with the M-Throne Empire, the one co-sponsored by Legislators Singh and Kawashima. It’s no secret that Goldman Sucks has lobbied hard for this thing, which is why it’s been tabled for 2.5 years since your ambassadors signed it. This treaty will allow the firm to truly expand across galaxies and access wealth on a previously unimaginable scale, but the science votes like Legislators Nakahara, Feng, and Ramachandran just don’t understand this. We’re almost over 50% on this thing for the first time with almost all lines in the sand drawn, but we need your vote to ratify it. You’re a minifig of reason, Dr. Kamishiraishi, I’m sure you can see that what’s good for the firm is good for your country and our galaxy.

Chef Miyagi: Hotate - Venetian scallop.
Dr. Kamishiraishi: I don’t know, Dr. Fuller. I don’t know how well you are aware of Trattorian culture, but we value the opinions of our scientists, including myself, very much. Further, I know sometimes it’s just talk, especially in your United Systems Alliance’s so-called “Congress”, but I genuinely wish to represent the wishes of my constituents. The 23rd District derives much of its income - and by extension, my political power - from its shipbuilding industry. I don’t want a war, but as loathe I am to admit it, peace with M-Throne is bad for my district’s business.
CFO Fuller: I find some of your assumptions mistaken with all due respect, Dr. Kamishiraishi. Peace with M-Throne does not negate the Trattorian Navy’s hunger for ships - au contraire, the Immortal threat remains very real. Our analysts in our Galactic Investment Research division predict a supply, not demand, constraint.

Chef Miyagi blow torches half of each piece of sushi
Chef Miyagi: Sushi finale - A5-grade marbling, wagyu beef nigiri from Trattoria. Enjoy!

CFO Fuller: I will make one more point, Dr. Kamishiraishi. No ship, no project, no naval contract can go through without money. And the firm happens to be in that business. We have the capability to, from the uninitiated point of view, let’s say, manufacture “luck” and “misfortune”.

Chef Miyagi: Tamago - egg custard cake - for your dessert.
CFO Fuller: And sometimes, elections can hang on luck and misfortune.

CFO Fuller: Gochiso sama deshita.
Chef Miyagi: Thank you for coming again, hope to see you around soon.
Dr. Kamishiraishi: Don’t be such a teeaboo, Dr. Fuller.

CFO Fuller: I just want to make it clear - Goldman Sucks can be a very good friend. But it can also be a daunting adversary. This matters, Dr. Kamishiraishi - vote your conscience, vote your district, but whatever you do, do not fucking surprise me when the Non-Aggression Pact comes up. I’ll be watching on T-PAN.
Dr. Kamishiraishi: Noted, Dr. Fuller. And of course, thank you for the meal, it did not disappoint after all.
ImageImageImage
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Brilliant designs, as always.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Postby Tzan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Nice job!
Great set and lighting.
Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board