Tang Sector

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Tang Sector

Post by Theblackdog » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Refuge, G.R. 2017
"Operation Haymaker"

Captain Fury: "YAAAAAAH! Get some, you peace-mongering freaks!"

"Wha-"

*BLAM*
Captain Harris: "Better learn to watch your flank, old chap."

Captain Fury: "Thanks. Let's never speak of this again."
Captain Harris: "Jolly good."

Bob the Unbuilder: "I'll give you pwnies this much credit, you finally got everyone on the same side for once. T.L.A., Britannia, Scythia, Bavaria, the U.S.A., the Immortals... "

"All of them joined in this operation, just to kick your asses for good! And after that, we'll go right back to killing each other!"

"You misunderstood us from the very beginning. We don't fight for territory, or resources, or ideology, or even power. Those are just our excuses."

"We fight because it's fun!"

"AND I'M HAVING A GREAT TIME!"

"All right, this rooftop's clear. Now what should I fight next..."

"Oh, hey. That looks like fun."

Warhead: "Need a lift?"
Bob: "As long as you're headed for that Robot Unicorn's ugly face, sure."
Warhead: "Actually, our conventional forces are all retreating. Allied command is bringing out the big guns to deal with that thing."
Bob: "That's stupid. What guns could be bigger than these g-"

Bob: "Oh."

Bob: "Yeah, we should probably get going now."

Scythian Commander: "Evangelist Cyborg has engaged the Robot Unicorn. All conventional units, retreat from the city center."

Scythian Commander: "Heavy damage to the EVA's internal organs!"
Bob: "Dammit, what does it take to beat that thing?"

Bob: "Wait, what..."

Bob: "...the FUCK?"
Scythian Commander: "Instability in the pilot's psychograph! It's going berserk!"

Bob: "FUCK yes!"

Bob: "Damn, that was awesome."
Warhead: "Um."

Warhead: "I don't think it's stopping."
T.L.A. Commander: "The EVA is attacking indiscriminately! All units, prepare to destroy-"
Scythian Commander: "Negative! That EVA is Scythian property! Do not fire!"
T.L.A. Commander: "Are you crazy? At this rate it's going to destroy the whole city!"
Scythian Commander: "The EVA costs more than your whole planet! Hold your fire!"

Bob: "Hey, we're back to fighting each other already. This is great."
Warhead: "I love wanton destruction and all, but why would anyone build a mech that has a chance of attacking your own army once it destroys the enemy? Seems kind of fucked up."
Bob: "Yeah, those Evangelist Cyborgs give me the creeps. They're not even robots, did you know that? They're giant lifeforms with cyborg parts and a pilot inside. They need to put the soul of the pilot's mother into it in order to control it-"
Warhead: "Wait... that thing's a mom?"
Bob: "Uh, yeah... wait, what are you gonna-"

Warhead: "I'M COMING, BABY!"

(source)

Refuge, One G.R. Later

Bob the Unbuilder: "...Motherfucker."

New Oxford, Britannian Blue Sector

The Honorable Professor Weatherington B. Farnsworth the Third: "I hereby call this meeting of the Royal Society to order! Tonight's topic of discussion: the mysterious phenomenon that destroyed the T.L.A. one Galactik Revolution ago."

"As you can see, the event's area of effect, which most people refer to as the 'Impact Zone', has engulfed the entirety of T.L.A. space along with small portions of the Immortal Empire and Britannian Blue Sector. To date, no expeditions into the Zone have returned. What lies within? Tonight, the Royal Society shall engage in some theoretical speculation..."

Admiral Blackdog: "Excuse me for a moment, professor."
Professor Farnsworth: "I say, Admiral, this is most uncouth! You don't have nearly enough degrees to be in this room!"
Admiral Blackdog: "My apologies. I promise my statement will be brief."

Professor Farnsworth: "Who says you get to make a statement, you cur?"
Admiral Blackdog: "My philosophical doctorate in gun."
Professor Farnsworth: "...proceed."

Admiral Blackdog: "Thank you, professor. While the Impact Zone is certainly dangerous, it also contains several Britannian worlds, along with scientific knowledge that our Empire cannot afford to ignore. Thus, it is my duty to lead a scientific expedition into the Zone. Its objectives will be two-fold: first, to assess the resources needed to rebuild civilization on the Britannian worlds in the Zone, and second, to gather scientific data from across the Impact Zone for the good of the Empire."
Professor Farnsworth: "You must be mad! Every expedition into the Impact Zone thus far has met with total destruction-"
Admiral Blackdog: "That's because none of them were sufficiently armed. Britannia is committing an entire battle fleet to protect this mission."
Professor Farnsworth: "Preposterous! How are a bunch of soldiers going to do science, I ask you?"
Admiral Blackdog: "They won't. You will."
Professor Farnsworth: "What?"
Admiral Blackdog: "As you are the greatest scientific minds in the Empire, the Queen has invited - actually, ordered - all members of the Royal Society to participate in the expedition."
Professor Farnsworth: "Admiral, this is most unorthodox-"
Admiral Blackdog: "True, but these are unorthodox times. Our intelligence states that several other interstellar powers are planning similar expeditions. As Britannians, it's your patriotic duty to ensure ours succeeds first. Pack your bags, gentlemen - you have 24 hours before your shuttle leaves."

Archduke
a line of angrily mashed out gibberish

Re: Tang Sector

Post by Archduke » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:42 pm

:tiger: :tiger: :tiger: Much Applause on your triumphant Return :tiger: :tiger: :tiger:
Natalya wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 pm
Why would anyone get banned for this?
Image Image

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:16 am

You already won me over with a robot vs monster battle in a miniature city landscape. But Warhead going for that hot EVA mama was gold!
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:22 pm

The boys are back in town. :tiger:

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:46 am

yesss

Scribonius
Nice TRIPS

Post by Scribonius » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:13 pm

I feel a little bad for the scientists, but really, how did they NOT see this coming?

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:20 pm

:overwatch:

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:19 am

I had no idea this was here, but I wholeheartedly fucking approve.

The question I am, burning to ask is -
Spoiler
Show
Did he actually get to fuck it?
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.