For the Triangle God [JJJ18]

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

For the Triangle God [JJJ18]

Postby Kastrenzo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:57 pm

Q3, R2017

The Planet of Outer Haven was described as many things, a barren backwater, freakish cult country, a hot bed of space terrorism, and even a graveyard of empires.
None of these nicknames deterred the Volhinyan Kynazdom from attempting to annex it in R2017 even after the much larger Galacian Imperiya gave up on the colony.

Cultist Fanatics, experts in guerilla warfare and camoflauge, stalked the Blue Clad Volhinyan Royal army for weeks during the campaign. The superior firepower of the Volhinyans meant nothing when cells of armed crazies got the drop on them.
What came to be known as the Second Battle of Outer Haven was a collosal failure for the Volhinyans, even their Monarch would fall in battle to the "Primitive Savages" of the Outer Haven Trianglist Cults.

Image2018-07-23_06-44-22 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... uter_Haven
Short Wiki article on the event.  This was a short Forum battle that happened about 7-8 Months ago.  It played a rather large impact to the canon of some of my lesser factions.
Faction Index
Last week I put liquid paper on a bee. And it died
Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Re: For the Triangle God [JJJ18]

Postby Craigallot » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:36 am

Cool set-up and nice trooper designs, gonna read the battle now. :omnom:
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Postby Kommander Ken » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Style – 7/10
I think my favorite thing about this build is about the simple way you built the river. Tossing in those BT elements to give it motion is pretty neat.

Substance – 7/10
I appreciate the realism here. The background is totally green, kind of boring-looking, but providing perfect camo for those Trianglist Cultists.

Photography – 8/10
Good work! Whatever background you used really fits the sneaky, ambushy feel of the entry.

Theme – 1/10
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting
bad at shitposting

Postby Dienekes22 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:18 pm

Style: 6/10

Substance: 8/10

Photography: 8/10
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these

Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -
Dienekes22
Minifig

Postby aoffan23 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Style: 8/10
Good colour choices, solid division of fore/mid/background, and really good posing of the minifigs.

Substance: 8/10
The plate layering on the base is great, and I love the transition from a rough to smooth current on the little stream. Normally I'd say the rocks could be improved with a little more effort, but the plain BURPs fit really well into the aesthetic of the scene.

Photography: 9/10
The ambushing minifigs are pretty out of focus, but everything else is spot-on. However PLEASE resize your pictures.

Theme: 10
I mean it's a direct representation of a canonical event that happened in the past year, so...

Total: 25 (10)
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board