The Monolith Event

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

The Monolith Event

Postby Kastrenzo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:13 am

Image20181115_002213 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Shulga, retired to his quarters, falls asleep and finds himself in a strange dream.. Seeing the strange crystal again.. It calls to him.

Image20181115_002236 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

Suddenly, Remus appears and tries to stop him

Declan Remus: Wait!, Stop!, you don't understand! the crystal is evil!

Image20181115_002248 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Mesmerized by the Crystal, Shulga ignores him,  this is all a dream afterall, he touches the Crystal..

Image20181115_002303 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Remus stares blankly,  in shock.. He mutters a few words

Declan Remus: You have no idea what you've done... I wish you luck in the next life..

Image20181115_002444 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
He vanishes..

Image20181115_002535 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Shulga then finds himself touching the crystal,  but he's no longer in a dream,  he's in a dark, cold pile of rocks and rubble, centered by the glowing, humming artifact.

Image20181115_002555 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
The Crystal begins to speak to Shulga, in his mind

Monolith: You have done well, Where so many others have refused my call, but you have accepted my gift.. bask in my power.  be free!

Image20181115_002816 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Shulga: ENOUGH WITH THIS CRYPTIC BULLSHIT! What are you! what do you want! why am I here again!

Image20181115_003355 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
The rocks and rubble around them start to swirl into a cyclone.

Image20181115_003728 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Thunder cracks, and the ground violentley rumbles, the Monolith speaks one last time

Monolith: Your world is one of many worlds,  not planets, not stars, not galaxies,  but one of many universes... This one's time is coming to an end... your people call it Armageddon. the end times,  Ragnablok...  The Monolith must... relocate..  but needed .. contact with a Psionic mind... so many refused the call.  So the Monolith became... desperate. But that is in the past.. You have linked this realm's energy to the Monolith... and it can now be free. as can you... The Monolith will leave this world,  but in order to do so, everything you know will be undone... you will all be saved.. but you may not understand the circumstance.   You will come to learn.. soon enough.... Now, Mortal Shulga... prepare for the Monolith's embrace!

Image20181115_004000 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

Shulga: What? You're just going to destroy us all?

Monolith: The Monolith will take you all to glory!

Image20181115_004024 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Shulga freezes, his life flashes before his eyes, and then all of a sudden there is a  very loud bang and for him, everything goes red.. and then black.

Image20181115_004050 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Shulga is suddenley obliterated in some kind of unknown energy outburst,  he, the Crystal, and everything around him... dissapears...

News Reporter: The AN bureaucrats have called an emergency session.. reports are flooding in from all across the Western Arms that the Gold Sector has... dissapeared... hundreds of stars and planets have completely vanished from the galaxy in some kind of titanic energy pulse... a few thousand citizens of the region who have been living abroad have flocked to holy sites to pray and repent.. but for now.. there appears to be no explanation.

Somewhere else, An undetermined period later
Image20181115_004505 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

Animals and forest life chirp and grumble in a strangely peaceful setting.

Image20181115_004511 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Suddenley, an unknown minifig lets out a wrenching gasp and sits up in shock...Completely clueless as to what has happened,  where he is... or even who he is.

The Monolith's realm has been born.
Faction Index
Last week I put liquid paper on a bee. And it died
Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Re: The Monolith Event

Postby Kastrenzo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:21 am

To clarify briefly, what this is.

Spoiler: show
This was a half-assed soap thrown together for an alterior motive.  
Since the discussion of Ragnablok began, I tried thinking of a couple of different scenarios that I wanted to partake in.  Eventually, I chose this outcome.

Due to the result of anomalous crystaline space magik.  The entire Gold Sector of the Nehellenium Universe has been destroyed,  and rearranged into a new Universe, created by the Monolith, an Interdimensional godlike being that was invited into the Nehellenium Universe by result of mad science some years ago,  

The New Universe exists alongside the , as of right now, still standing Nehellenium Universe. Think of it as an alternate realm,  Like the realm of Oblivion, or a circle of brikhell.
This Universe is affectionately nicknamed the "Monolyth Battleplate".. as it is one infinite, never ending plane of existence that due to infinite resources and laws of nature being non-existent,  the Minifigs that were reincarnated here from the Nehellenium, many of which will now simply to battle for the sake of having nothing else to do.

TLDR,  Its one giant, violent, anomalous, ridiculous, murderous sandbox.
Most factions have been reincarnated as something else,  and a select few characters will return with some of their personality intact.  

Anyone wishing to continue doing things with the old Nehellenium Factions, like the Galacian Imperiya, may continue to do so,   As there were of course many who were "left behind" and such will be used as an excuse to let people continue doing soaps and stuff if need be,. All named Characters of my creation are now considered to be "gone",  but most of them aren't dead,  they just exist in their own little magikal hellhole realm now.

While this is effectively splitting my content off into its own secluded world, it does not mean that others can't interact , invade, or be invaded by factions from the Battleplate. Interaction with the Battleplate is permitted, however it can only be travelled to, or contacted by use of Magik, or high level Tek. While it has its own factions, drama, and lore,  outsiders should think of the Battleplate almost like it's another galaxy,  but on a seperate realm of existence.

http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... attleplate

TLDR.  This is my Reset button. And I've pressed it. A new Chapter of stupidity begins.
Faction Index
Last week I put liquid paper on a bee. And it died
Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board