Forward to Termination (Part II)

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Forward to Termination (Part II)

Post by Duerer » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:13 pm

This year has been a very rough one for the URP, to say the least. The government, under provisional leadership due to President Sadow's absence, has been thrown into a deep public relations crisis since last year's fiasco on Vilnius. Unfortunately, most of the armed forces are busy defending the Eastern border from the Soviets or aiding allied forces in the wake of extensive ork attacks across the whole galaxy.

In the meantime, Chief Librarian Jerzy Durer began to investigate the nature of the strange portal that was dug up by Blinda's forces and ultimately captured by the rogue marshal Mazurek. It seemed like an exercise in futility, as neither the loyal URP forces nor the Order of Dobrzyń had any chance to examine the ominous construction in detail, forcing him to rely on eyewitness accounts alone.

Having ran out of any other options, Jerzy decided to seek the aid of the only people available for such a daring investigation: the Cavalry Squadron Lechranger, a group of young heroes who, unbeknownst to the habitants of this sector; had spent the last two years hunting down the extra-dimensional hordes of Zoltan. With their experience in fighting off otherworldly wicked forces , they seem to be the best bet for helping the Chief Librarian to take a closer look at the portal on Vilnius.

Thus, the Chief Librarian and the Lechrangers, including their newest member Jadwiga of Tarnów, boarded the ORP Kopernik and embarked on a mission to learn more about the arcane artefact. While Jerzy and Jadwiga were skimming through stacks of books for a lead, Witold Morawiec aka LechRed kept looking into Mazurek's biography to find out any possible motivation behind his sudden betrayal.
Witold Morawiec: "So, having delved deeper into the person of Marshall Ryszard Tadeusz Mazurek, I still can't make any sense of what might have driven him to execute the whole Lietuvan delegation on live TV and occupying their capital with his goons. Just when you thought things were about to go smoother with that maniac Blinda out of the way..."
Andrzej Górski: "Whatever it might be, I sure hope it was worth ditching his steep military career for."
Dr. Paweł: "This is what is bothering me the most. If you just take a closer look at his biography, it is nigh impossible to find any opportunistic tendencies like collaboration with the USSSR puppet government, for example. All the more worrying is the fact that he was able to cover up such a large scale conspiracy within the armed forces for so long."

Anita Kiedzierska: "Just what the hell is this guy planning to do with that portal? Does he even know how to make use of that thing in the first place, like Blinda's folks did?"
Dr. Paweł: "It is certainly not out of question, unfortunately! I would even dare to say that Blinda only made use of a fraction of the portal's true power while Mazurek is trying to untap its full potential. Jadwiga and the Chief Librarian are already working their way through several books about arcane magic as we speak."
Witold Morawiec: "But have you found anything that matches the description of that portal, though?"

Jerzy Durer: "Well, first of all, you have to consider the lack of information about it at hand. Since closer examination of the portal was handled mostly by the occupational forces on Vilnius who turned out to be Mazurek's renegade pack, all we got to work with are a few eyewitness accounts. Furthermore, I've already read through a ton of other books and archives these past few weeks and I still haven't found any lead on it or its origins."
Jadwiga of Tarnów: "Uhm, I think this book right here might have an entry about what we're looking for."

Jerzy Durer: "Wait what?! Lemme have a look!"
Jadwiga of Tarnów: "Right here at the entry 'Crown of Erebus'."
Jerzy Durer: "*reading* Oh yeah, that's likely the one... *reads further* mhm..."

Jerzy Durer: "*stops reading* Oh, oh no..."
Witold Morawiec: "What's the matter, chief?"
Jerzy Durer: "Yes, the description in the book does match the reports of our forces during the battle of Vilnius. The Crown of Erebus does open up a portal to another dimension with a sufficient blood sacrifice, which would extrude massive amounts of negative energy..."

Jerzy Durer: "However, records of a reversal of said effect are being mentioned in this book as well!"
Anita Kiedzierska: "Reversal? You mean like sucking in energy or..."
Jerzy Durer: "Not just energies but anything from our world can be sucked into the crown. Thousands of years ago, whole settlements have been sucked inside the portal within mere seconds, never to be seen again. Thus the population of what would be the Planet Vilnius decided to bury the Crown of Erebus deep into the ground, so no one would make any more use of its destructive powers."

Andrzej Górski: "But Mazurek can't be just after some random settlements, right?"
Jadwiga of Tarnów: "Oh, with the right amount of blood he can suck in whole continents or planets even!"
Witold Morawiec: "Whatever his endgame might be, we can't let this guy get away with that thing!We gotta head straight to Vilnius!"

Dr. Paweł: "Much as I sympathise with you, I can't let you carelessly waste our ship by venturing right into enemy territory, Witold! Who knows how big the renegade fleet above Vilnius and the surrounding systems truly is!"
Witold Morawiec: "If we don't act immediately we'll lose much more than this ship. Besides, I've already got a plan up my sleeves."

Andrzej Górski: "You mean like last time when you tried to use Jadwiga as bait for the giant-sized Hammerhead Zolt?"
Witold Morawiec: "Uhm, well..."

Anita Kiedzierska: "Or the one time we tried to call the space sheriffs to aid us by sending them an ACAB signal, which almost got our asses fried?"
Jadwiga of Tarnów: "'It would take them much quicker to respond than just asking for help!', you said. 'That's how it always went back at my department!', you said."
Witold Morawiec: "T-t-trust me, guys! This time it's gonna work out for real!"

Witold Morawiec: "I mean, with our Chief Librarian right here, it's guaranteed to work out!"
Jerzy Durer: "Wait, what exactly do you intend to do with me?"
Witold Morawiec: "You know how to pilot mechs and titans, rite?"
Jerzy Durer: "Yeah, I guess..."

Witold Morawiec: "In that case, lemme let you in on your part of the plan."
Jerzy Durer: "*to himself* Oh dear, I can't wait for whatever sick and twisted torment he's got in store for me..."
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Re: Forward to Termination (Part II)

Post by ninja_bait » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:18 pm

:omnom: Jerzy's face at the end there lol
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImageImage

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:52 am

Just as Dr. Paweł feared, the renegade defences above Vilnius were tight with a huge orbital station in place to ward off any incoming invaders. Although most of the renegade starships are obsolete by today's standards, the fleet's size is still sufficient enough to scare off smaller ships passing by or taking care of bigger ships trying to push them back. However, this enemy is something they were expecting the least...
Renegade Crewman: "Yo captain, we've got a battleship of unknown design heading straight towards our perimeter!"
Renegade Captain: "Oh really? Let's have a look!"

*SWOOOSH*
Renegade Captain: "Oh, so judging by its colours it's definitely a URP vessel. Guess they really mean it this time?"
Renegade Crewman: "I'm not sure, the vessel appeared without any sort of backup whatsoever! Just what could they mean with sending a single ship without any kind of support?"
Renegade Captain: "Doesn't matter, let's just waste that thing and be done with-"

*DWONK*
Renegade Captain: "What the?! The ship's hull is wrapping around!"

*KA-WHOOSH*
Renegade Crewman: "Wait, this can't be!"

Renegade Crewman: "The ship just turned into a battle titan!!"
Renegade Captain: "Don't get all impressed by that thing's size, open fire at once!"

*PEW-PEW-PEW*
*BA-BA-BLAM*

*BA-BOOM*
Kopernik Mega Internal Computer: "Shield Energy at 76%. Hull slightly damaged."
Jerzy Durer: "Damn it, Morawiec! I hope for you that your plan is going to work out!"

As Jerzy fought against the fleet above Vilnius all by himself, he launched the Lechrangers' giant robo Jagiełł'oh onto the planet's surface. From there, the rangers can quickly get to the portal's current location, while the renegade patrol is distracted by the enormous Kopernik Mega. But how long can the Chief Librarian hold off the renegades until the titan finally gives in to their laser fire? Is there any hope for backup from the URP in sight?
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:11 am

:omnom:

But did you have to give it an r2d2 penis
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImageImage

Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting
bad at shitposting

Post by Kommander Ken » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:20 am

Yes. He did. :lol:

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:51 pm

This is some good shit Duerer, good to have you posting again!