Decisions

Jesus Christ, guys. No one cares about your fucking problems.
This forum is also known as Thunderdumb Lite or Applied Thunderdumb.

Moderator: dilanski

Decisions

Postby Kalvinator » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:31 am

Since this sub-forum seems to be that.

Anyways:

Nice girl, smart, pretty, etc, but has liked someone else while I liked her, but seems to finally be warming up to me. To note: Freshmen, is also best friends sister.
or
Girl I share more interests in, but barely know as we met in drivers ed, however isn't on the same level intellectually as me. Also seems punk-ish as she dies hair black with a streak of blue. To note: Sophomore, don't see her very often.

To note: I am a 17 year old Junior.

Serious or Brikwars responses, just looking for opinions.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Re: Decisions

Postby Silverdream » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:48 am

I think that Emi's route is best to start out with, and then after you can replay to do Rin or Lilly next. Shizune isn't a bad starter either but she's not really the most acclaimed route.

Okay, now that that's out of the way I think you have two options. The first is to date the first girl, after all if you look down on the other girl for her intelligence it isn't going to be a good relationship. You aren't going to trust or respect anyone you think of as dumber than you are, especially if you're in an emotionally charged state. The second option is to pull off the Mike Rayhawk and have two girlfriends, but this option is mostly just limited to Mike Rayhawk and one of the girls may be monogamous.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Apollyon » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:28 am

Always go for the higher value on the crazy/sexy scale. So the punk girl it is.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar

Postby Colette » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Kalvinator wrote:Since this sub-forum seems to be that.

Anyways:

Nice girl, smart, pretty, etc, but has liked someone else while I liked her, but seems to finally be warming up to me. To note: Freshmen, is also best friends sister.
or
Girl I share more interests in, but barely know as we met in drivers ed, however isn't on the same level intellectually as me. Also seems punk-ish as she dies hair black with a streak of blue. To note: Sophomore, don't see her very often.

Serious or Brikwars responses, just looking for opinions.

Simplest and best option: don't date either of them. You're still only in high school, there's no need to get involved with girls so early in life.

That being said, assuming that you are compelled to select one of the two options delineated above, I fail to see how this decision is difficult enough to require advice from others. Ordinarily, even I would acknowledge the folly of blindly following the axiom of "get the smarter girl", but in this case I can reasonably conclude that even ceteris paribus the first girl is by far better than the second. Dumb girls are annoying and I often find myself irritated with their ignorance in conversation
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:30 pm

Dumb girls are also easier to get into bed with.

That should help you decide.
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby dilanski » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:52 pm

Kalvinator wrote:is also best friends sister.

Is your friend cool with this? If yes, then get to it, if not, then it could be awkward, also if he's up for a threesome, then it's sweetening the deal.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby Kalvinator » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:13 pm

Well...this has been enlightening. I made this post at like, 3 AM last night, don't know why.

Also yes my friend said he'd be okay with it if I asked her out.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:19 pm

[quote="Kalvinator"]Since this sub-forum seems to be that.

Anyways:

or

Serious or Brikwars responses, just looking for opinions.[/quote
Well, the first one seems to be the lesser option. If she's your best friends sister, and your best friend doesn't mind, you might be able to make him a wingman.

The second one seems to be better, considering you share a lot of interests. The punk vibe could be a really bad thing, as it could mean she is just a huge hot topic fan. It could also be a good thing, because she probably would have sex with you a lot, although that could also mean if you want to wait she'll call you a pussy and tell everyone you're dapper. That is of course a worst case scenario, I doubt she's a huge bitch, but if she isn't as smart as you it increases the likely hood of her being a bitch.

So I'm going to ask you, not as smart as you in what way? My gf has to often take tutoring for science and math because she's a more creative person, but if your crush can't understand what a metaphor is, or thinks you're being literal when you're being sarcastic, or likes gansta rap, she's probably not worth it.
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:25 pm

If the girl shares the same interests as you and hasn't been crushing on some other dude then you've got a better shot initially. It's been in my experience that even a slightly less intellectual sophomore is still smarter than a freshman, but your mileage may vary.

If you don't see her very often, you'll probably have a better idea of what you want if you at least get to know her a little bit better. Go have lunch or something and don't make a big deal out of it, and decide after that! The other good news here is that if you don't see her often, you've got less to worry about if you screw it up. Your best friend's sister on the other hand will still be a part of your peripheral friends group no matter how smooth/terrible things go.

Worst case scenario, you find out you don't want anything to do with the older one who hasn't already been shining you on like Bonn-o-Tron. Does girl 1 know you liked her while she liked some other motherfucker? If so, you should ABSOLUTELY start with girl 2.

Keep in mind that going with a "I WILL NOW MAKE YOU MY GIRLFRIEND" approach will only complicate things. Just figure out if you have chemistry first and decide from there.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby stubby » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:29 pm

I'm going to post a conversation I had in 2010.

A Conversation From 2010 wrote:snufflik: http://www.metalstorm.net/pub/fun_comments.php?fun_id=6

rayhawk: this list makes me question the choices I've made in life

snufflik: http://i.imgur.com/rD28R.jpg
snufflik: would you say its a bad thing if this is how i handle every situation that fits these criteria?

rayhawk: yes.
rayhawk: the guy ended up choosing one?
rayhawk: fail
rayhawk: start with three, choose five

snufflik: you just opened my eyes
snufflik: I now realize what I've been I've been doing wrong my whole life

So that's how I deal with these situations. But I've already beaten the game a bunch of times and now I'm just going for high scores. You're still on your first play-through, so my advice for you is a little different.

There's a lot of stuff with dating that you can only learn from experience. No one can tell you how your own emotions work, it's all trial and error. So in that regards everything you do in high school is grinding for XP so that you'll be leveled up in time for the boss battle of adult relationships.

What you should be focusing on right now is fucking up as much as you can, as often as you can, so you get all the dumbass mistakes out of the way when it still doesn't matter that much, rather than when you finally meet Ms. Right. (Or Mr. Right, I don't want to limit your options here. Or the hard-hitting team of six Ms. Rights, if you discover you're like me.) Because the dumbass mistakes are inevitable, and the best way to get past them is to make them early and often.

So whatever the stupidest option is, that's the one you should probably go with.

That being said, girl likes some other dude? Get used to it. Nobody likes just one person at a time, not for long, and if they convince themselves they do then they're in denial. Look at you, interested in two girls at the same time saying "but one of them was interested in two guys."
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Kalvinator » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:32 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:So I'm going to ask you, not as smart as you in what way? My gf has to often take tutoring for science and math because she's a more creative person, but if your crush can't understand what a metaphor is, or thinks you're being literal when you're being sarcastic, or likes gansta rap, she's probably not worth it.
[/quote]

I've I said, I don't know her all that well. We've only talked during drivers ed. But I believe I may have actually remembered wrong last night, as there is evidence that besides math, she's actually pretty smart.

IVhorseman wrote:Does girl 1 know you liked her while she liked some other motherfucker?

Yeah she apparently figured it out from what her brother told me.\

IV wrote:If so, you should ABSOLUTELY start with girl 2.

Seems to be the general consensus here. I suppose I shall. One good thing is that next semester, which starts Tues, I think we're in the same lunch, so that's good.

stubby wrote: Look at you, interested in two girls at the same time saying "but one of them was interested in two guys."

Yeah, I suppose that is hypocritical. I've been trying to get over girl 1 for a while, I suppose this thread was more of, "Should I move on, or stick with my current goal?"
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:38 pm

Oh, well why didn't you word it like that?

Move on like Bonn-o-Tron. Even if you fail, you have a backup plan, although be aware that if she knows you like(d?) her and hasn't made any kind of a move then she might not be as interested as you're hoping for.
IVhorseman

Postby Kalvinator » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:40 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Oh, well why didn't you word it like that?

Move on like Bonn-o-Tron. Even if you fail, you have a backup plan, although be aware that if she knows you like(d?) her and hasn't made any kind of a move then she might not be as interested as you're hoping for.

I didn't make a move because she liked someone else, and I knew what the answer was going to be. I just didn't see that lasting very long as the guy is kinda a douche. But, I suppose I was wrong.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:42 pm

Kalvinator wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:Oh, well why didn't you word it like that?

I didn't make a move because she liked someone else, and I knew what the answer was going to be. I just didn't see that lasting very long as the guy is kinda a douche. But, I suppose I was wrong.

If you're wrong about girl 2, go to girl 1 and say you were wrong and that you need her.
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Need? That escalated quickly.
IVhorseman