Light sparks back

BrikWars fiction in long-prose form. Trigger warning: Walls of text

Moderators: The Shadowscythe, Quantumsurfer

Light sparks back

Postby runnybabbit223 » Mon May 23, 2016 5:34 am

Suggested reading: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=15138

Light sparks back

A wip Brickfic by Runnybabbit

The first thing It was aware of, was the emptiness…

And then It was aware of itself…

The Awareness tried to take in It’s surroundings, only to realize it had no surroundings to take in.

Now the Awareness tried to think, and it was thus aware of thought, and reason.

Who was it?

What was it?

What could it be? What things could it to be? What things were there to be?

Then the awareness realized it was something once, but now it is not anymore, an identity without any identification, an entity in an empty surrounding.

Now it panicked, the Awareness knew it was once something- no, someone- but it could not remember what, no memory, none save the fact that it new it was a person.

I now began to think scary thoughts, what if there were persons once, but now they are gone! What if everyone was in the same state as It’s? All persons are trapped in this void with nothing but a killing awareness and left to the torture of their thoughts!

What if… It no longer existed?

Horrifying ideas raced through the Awareness’s mind, thoughts and visions of nothing and emptiness, none of which were hard to imagine, considering It’s surroundings.

The Awareness tired to cry out into the blackness, looking for some meaning, or at least another person, only to realize it had no way to do so. It suddenly remembered bodies, mortal vessels for souls, and the abilities of movement and communication that came with them.

And yet, It’s cries had not gone unheard…

A blinding light appeared directly in front of him, It tried to turn away but was incapable.

And then, It felt the warmth, and conversely, the extreme cold on its back.

As the light engulfed It, the last thought the Awareness had in this world was that of rejoice, not only was it being taken out of the darkness, but it also gained a body, which the light formed around it.
3... 2... 1... DRAGONS!
runnybabbit223
worth a try if your desprate

Re: Light sparks back

Postby TastySkippy123 » Mon May 23, 2016 6:42 pm

:mystery:  :omnom:  :tiger:
TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Postby runnybabbit223 » Tue May 24, 2016 8:58 am

The Awareness became aware of several things at once.

First, it had a body, a container for It’s spirit. Second, that body was standing on solid ground. Third, an ambient light was emitting from every surface. The light, at first was blinding, but it’s intensity gradually lessened to become more bearable.

It also was aware of another body, a person!

The relief the Awareness felt was beyond bounds. There was, at the very least, one other being who existed!

The person spoke to him;

“You have been asleep a long time, but now you awake. Do you know what caused the disturbance of your sleep?”

The Awareness stared at him, in complete incomprehension.

“Uh… what?”

The person stared back, and then started, as if his mind had wandered off the subject for a moment.

“I’m sorry! I am forgetting myself; of course you don’t remember anything! … Or… Do you?”

One look at the Awareness’s face was enough to tell him that the answer was in the negative.

“Well! We can’t have an Eyu who doesn’t even know who he (or she, but you look like a he,) is! I will have to consult my family… later, first you must come and find your memories.”

He walked off, humming. The Awareness, or Eyu as the person called him, now had a chance to compare himself with the person.

Eyu had a light skin; everything about him felt… familiar… normal. He speculated that anyone of his type would probably share similar characteristics in the broadest of terms. The person however, was blue-white in color, and possibly opaque, he certainly emitted light at any rate. The Person also carried a golden sword, the hilt of which had a white stone encrusted in it.

Before any other observations could be made, the person walked round a corner, and Eyu simultaneously discovering he could walk and run, raced after him for fear of being left behind.
3... 2... 1... DRAGONS!
runnybabbit223

Postby TastySkippy123 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:41 am

I think I now who that person is... :tiger:  :omnom:
TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Postby lordintype » Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 am

TastySkippy123 wrote:I think I now who that person is... :tiger:  :omnom:
Spoiler: show
Sloths are notoriously good at disguises
lordintype
something different

Postby runnybabbit223 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:56 pm

Eyu sprinted round the corner at top speed, almost losing balance and crashing to the ground. But once he reached the last known position of … the person… what was his name?... Eyu realised he forgot to ask the person for a name, before he could muse over his impolite mistake Eyu had to stop in his tracks, a fork in the road was ahead.

There were several paths going off in a different tangents, the Eyu immediately began logically crossing off the ones that the person couldn’t have gone down without Eyu seeing him, such as the long straight ones and one where the entrance was visible form the place where Eyu first met the person.
But before Eyu could come to a final decision, another person suddenly walked out from behind a blind corner. Eyu smiled as the person started in surprise and fell flat on his back, giving time for Eyu to study him more closely.

This second person looked in basic features much like the first, opaque, possibly glowing, and light in color, though this time he was more white-ish. The person also held another glinting golden weapon with sharp edges, but of a different shape to the first person’s sword. Again, a white crystal was encrusted into the gold.

The person stammered:
“Wh- Who are you?? What are you doing here?”

Eyu answered:
“I was told by person my name is Eyu. Person was going to help me find my memories, whatever they are.”

But Eyu might have well been speaking gibberish; the second person dropped his jaw and stared in complete incomprehension.
Eyu decided to explain further, but before he could get but a few words in, the first person walked back in.

First person: “Ah! Plustine, I see you have found my project for me! Thank you, I thought I lost him.”

Plustine: “This-“ (He gestures to Eyu) “This is your Eyu Adtume? This is your ‘project?’ “

Adtume nodded. “He is the one the family are concerned about. You heard Bouniruc speak of him at the last meeting.”

Plustine showed realization in his face. “I had no idea we were going to (ahem) deal with him so soon. Well, you better start by telling him his name isn’t actually Eyu.”

The now denounced Eyu looked in horror back and forth between the two persons who were “Dealing” with him, and apparently one had lied about his name.

Adtume started in surprise. “I didn’t tell him his name was Eyu, he must have picked that up when I told him he was an Eyu.” Then turning to the not-an-Eyu. “I am sorry, you must have misunderstood me, your mortal name is ‘Nattus’ I believe. Nattus Markillson, Heir to the throne of- of… of the emperor of… Well I can’t remember! ... I keep thinking Trans-gender Alliance…“

“Trans-Galatik” Cut in Plustine. "The TGIA, a small and unstable civilization who are relatively unimportant even in mortal state of affairs… But may have more to offer for the fate of the entire Brikverse.”

Adtume slightly vexed that his dramatic explanation of Nattus’s character and background was unfairly robbed from him, pushed the trio along.

“I have permission form the rest of the family to proceed” he said “We you help me Plustine?”
He immediately regretted his invitation as Plustine gladly accepted.
3... 2... 1... DRAGONS!
runnybabbit223

Postby TastySkippy123 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:03 pm

This is quite entertaining and hilarious.

:omnom:
TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Return to BrikFic