Quantum Surfers FAQ

BrikWars fiction in long-prose form. Trigger warning: Walls of text

Moderators: The Shadowscythe, Quantumsurfer

Quantum Surfers FAQ

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:06 pm

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I thought I would mention some information that Vami didn't.

What is a Quantum Surfer?

A Quantum Surfer is a specific fraction of one of the Oddistic Spectrums, RED, WHITE, GREEN, GREY, BLACK, that were created by ONE. The Spectrums had infinite power, so the same carries on to the Quantum Surfers, the only thing limiting them is their subconscious memory and self image. Like a colour spectrum, the Quantum Surfers are just shades of what they used to be due to their differing personalities and individual wills.

Subconscious memory refers to how they see everything. It subtly warps reality so that all universes confirm to the Quantum Surfer's own narrative. This becomes a cycle, where Quantum Surfers influence the way other Quantum Surfers see, which also influences the way that they perceive things.

In other words, each Quantum Surfer has it's own story because even though they influence each other's narratives, they also all create their own versions of what happened, and the one that persists among the most powerful Quantum Surfers' memories is what matters the most. Those who are remembered to be powerful or intelligent remain that way until the perceptions of others and themselves change.

In meta, this means that no one has to care about any common canon with the Quantum Surfers. If there's a little difference in story telling, or a major one, then it can become part of the narrative and do it's own thing without betraying the information in the other stories.

Who writes this crap?

There's a bunch of writers and they all do their own thing. Here's a few of them:

Silverdream- He's the one who came up with the idea. His stories are mostly just satire about forum personalities, but they also include really good drama and romance.

Insert Blank- While satiric, Ib's stories are different from Silverdreams in that the characters are less overpowered, meaning that there's drama and tension in the storyline.

Natalya- They mostly consider of satire of forum members and events, as opposed to Silverdream who usually improvises stories.

Vami- Writes mostly about Vami.

What do the different colours mean? What colour would my Quantum Surfer be?

The colours are based off of the Oddistic Spectrums, which each had a definitive personality trait:

Silverdream wrote:ONE was alONE. So ONE created FRIENDS.

First ONE created GREEN, the ARROGANT. GREEN was the greatest of the FRIENDS, made to rule over them all. GREEN valued prestige and thought GREEN was the best after ONE. GREEN was the FIRST, GREEN was the MOST IMPORTANT.

ONE created BLACK, the JUSTICE. BLACK would always do what is right. BLACK would protect the FRIENDS, and make sure they didn't do BAD. BLACK was loyal. BLACK was strong. BLACK was the strongest.

ONE created WHITE, the ORDERLY. WHITE was boring. WHITE was predictable. But WHITE made sure that things always went how they should go.

As a gift, ONE created GREY, the LOYAL. GREY would do NICE THINGS FOR THE FRIENDS. GREY would SERVE THE FRIENDS. GREY was a GOOD FRIEND.

As a curse, ONE created RED, the WEIRD. RED was the WILDCARD. RED was the ONE FRIEND that only SERVED TO DESTROY. TO CREATE CHAOS. RED was a RISK. RED was DANGeROUS. RED was ONE's FAVOURITE.

This is where they derive their powers from, and like colours in a spectrum, not all of them completely conform to these traits. Some may be Reddish-Green, or Bley, or light black.

When you make a Quantum Surfer, it should be a caricature of your forum self. Ask yourself what a godlike version of yourself would do, and what your motivations would be. Then exaggerate until it becomes a different person.

How many Quantum Surfers are there? Why don't they just make the brikverse into something worthwhile?

There are infinite Quantum Surfers, and more are being created. Quantum Surfers only die when they are completely forgotten. The Brikwars is lorded over by those in the Brikverse Czat, who call themselves the leading administrators of that Universe, and the rouge Quantum Surfers, who dislike the Czat but still participate by creating things in the Brikverse.

Other Quantum Surfers don't really care about the Brikverse because they have no reason to.
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: Quantum Surfers FAQ

Postby Kommander Ken » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:05 pm

This might be a good place to add info about the QuantumStalker(s) when it becomes available.  :spoil:
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby Vami IV » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:16 pm

I'll try to write less about Vami and more about others. I just write so damned much about Vami because I know Vami.
Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Postby Quantumsurfer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:12 am

Vami IV wrote:I just write so damned much about Vami because I know Vami.

I don't really see that as a problem.  One of the main tropes of the QS! narratives is an exaggeration and humorous deprecation of self.  The collective is a miniature representation of the forum ethos where Rule of Cool, Survival of the Fittest, and popularity hold sway and a social commentary on a community where, creatively speaking, anything goes.

But aside from that, from a writing standpoint, there's nothing wrong with writing what you know.  There's also nothing wrong with diversifying your skillset.  So go nuts on both accounts.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Return to BrikFic