RAGNABLOK summer 2014?

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Re: RAGNABLOK summer 2014?

Post by samuelzz10 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:46 pm

If I hypothetically hosted a game, and a large portion of someone's ship was accidentally destroyed from structural damage, and another brikwarrior used it to patch a mech, and then they parted ways I would somehow he held accountable.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Take Inventory. It's that simple.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:If I hypothetically hosted a game, and a large portion of someone's ship was accidentally destroyed from structural damage, and another brikwarrior used it to patch a mech, and then they parted ways I would somehow he held accountable.
No, it'll be their fault for poor vigilance of their own things. Besides, the folks here only pretend to be dicks because they are protected by the internets. In the flesh, they are all decent folks.

:protip: And structural damage is never accidental: :sparta:
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:05 pm

Rev. Sylvanus wrote: :protip: And structural damage is never accidental: :sparta:
:guinness:

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Tzan wrote: Weird, teleport isn't in the spell checker, damn time travelers. :fist:
Haha you just reminded me, a million lifetimes ago, 5th grade me wrote an english essay using the word "teleport" and went mad when he couldn't find it in the dictionary.

When I originally introduced the idea of Ragnablok I set it for two years ahead of time because I knew Brikwarriors are super-lazy and that they wouldn't be finished preparing in a year.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:19 pm

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:Of all the games I've played with other brikwarriors, many of which involved 45+ minute drives to and fro, I think I may have lost a single ranged weapon and a single set of leg assemblies. With that track record, I've never been worried about losing stuff.
Hell I've probably lost more pieces on my own then!

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:08 am

If you end up losing some parts, you'll probably end up gaining some, too. There would be little net loss. And if you're that attached to individual bricks, the host can mail back any pieces you left behind. Also, if you can't share, a Brikwars convention probably isn't for you.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:45 am

[]
Last edited by cleanupcrew on Thu May 27, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:50 pm

Alright everyone, there are two important questions that need to be answered based on last time.

1: Should we try to do this in Tennessee again or will that not work?

2: Will people actually come this time? I mean, we planned this all out last year, but pretty much no one was able to come.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:30 pm

How about you try organizing one in the middle of the USA. That would allow people such as myself from the west to also come. Also Brikwarriors in Canada might also be able to come if you did that. Just a suggestion, and I will be to drive around then on my own. Don't bother with CP if everyone brings there full armies there will be so many armies anyways it won't matter. Just have some armies allied together so they don't get squashed. The other plus is if you hold it in the middle of the USA I will be able to bring around four to five friends who have full armies as well.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:33 am

Ragnablok type events need to be regional and not centralized. I love Brikwars but I don't think you are going to get people to make a day or two commitment (one direction) just driving or the costly commitment of getting a plane ticket just for an event like this. What is much more feasible is to localize the event to less than a days journey for a large number of folks or coordinate meeting up at some sort of Lego convention. Philly a year and a half ago and Franklin TN this last summer had the right idea. Keep um local keep um small and once you've got that happening consistently, then maybe a large event happens down the road...
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:38 am

You got a point Rev. still I know a lot of people who would love to attend. Might have to set one up in the Western part of the states.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:43 am

Someone here could try to ride off a lego convention.

I've thought about introducing forum battles on Eurobricks to get more mainstream acceptance, but I would need to build better stuff first. Something like BrikwaRPG could definitely work since they have their own Heroica RPG system or whatever.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:46 am

great idea I help you if you want
Last edited by alphafalcon541 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:38 am

Making the event regional makes sense. There is one important question I think we need answered: Why wait until 2014? I mean, 2013 just started, we have time to set one up for this year.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.