RAGNABLOK 2012 - DISCUSSING & ORGANIZING

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Re: RAGNABLOK 2012 - DISCUSSING & ORGANIZING

Post by samuelzz10 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Nobody has posted here in a while, and I'm not sure if this is still happening. Either way, there is a bunch of things you haven't really considered here that are very important.
-Minors need to be accompanied by an adult at all times during air travel, so somebody needs to be at the airport to pick them up.
-The pedo-alert on this website is really bad, and I know for a fact without even asking I can't go, unless it tags along to another convention, and even then we'll need a separate room for all the baseplates and such.
-We need a big sheet of weapon stats and all of the home-brew rules we'll be using so we know how to prepare.
-Manly Santa Day break is a horrible time to host an event like this, because over half of the people I know are going to see relatives for almost the whole break, so summer vacation looks better.
-This has to have a week or so reserved because me and a friend had our armies fight several times, and alone those took 4 or so hours and they consisted of about 30 minifigs. Just imagine how long it would take for 20 armies to fight!
-Each separate faction needs their own CP amount, because if teams shared some would get to use only very little of the cp.

Just a few things to put into consideration.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:09 am

6. Not totally sure what you mean by the air travel thing; if a parent is willing to send a minor on a plane by themselves then odds are they'll have the rest of the trip covered.

7. It might be, but several of us have had battles with each other; I'll also point out that Philly hosted Apocabriks in August with one minor in attendance and it was a lot of fun. If you get past all the crude banter, and internet anonymity, there are plenty of decent forum-goers here...(maybe...)

8. Meh. Maybe yes and no. I'll probably provide all of mine beforehand cause I have handy charts made up. Not everybody does. I propose that we let fudge and good fun rule the day; if we can all agree to those, the games should be fun and satisfying all around.

9. I thought you said you weren't coming :| Manly Santa Day may be good for some folks. I'll probably be boned because Manly Santa Day is my busiest (work related) season, but something will work out. I still favor summer, but I guess we just need to see when works the best for the most.

10. Nah, not really. Commit 10-12 hours to the games, get two maybe three in in a day. Apockabricks had only two days set aside. That was fine.

11. Nah, not really. I've fought in battles where I'm pretty sure one of my opponents had 4-5 times the number of CP as me. And my Dreads were still considered one of the biggest threats on the field :warhead: . Disparate CP can lead to "defense" and "hold-out" type scenarios, etc. Bring whatcha got; they'll be plenty of filler and team space, etc.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:44 am

I'm pretty sure that with like ten people on each side things like balance and CP will stop mattering. WISG rolls exist for a reason.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:50 am

Guys, 2012 is here. How's it gonna be?

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:28 pm

Until someone can find a suitable venue(s) the Ragnablok will continue to be an awesome pipe dream. And as I've pointed out on another thread, the number of people hoping attend not to mention the mean age of those attending is 18 means that using someone's house may not be suitable. for the EU game I'd put forward my local community center which charges £11(21Euro), for an ex-classroom, which for 5 hrs between an estimated 7 people would only work out £9pp, and travel wise is situated in Crewe, Cheshire which has good rail access, Obviously I'm putting forward the only place I know of, and there is probably a better venue more accessible to most people who'd be coming in from the continent, but as far as I know the only other suggested venue was the 1000Legosteine(?) convention, which would be hard to get a table at, same with other conventions, I'd suggest people who really want to have this awesomeness occur should check their local community centers for prices and check location. Also we need to decide on a date. If we could have both in the next two months, then this might actually work, if not then we're back to sadly awesome pipe dream.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:40 pm

If no one minds going to Nashville, I'll try to get my local comic book shop to host us. They have tournaments all the time, so they'll probably have the space.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Nashville TN may be doable for me.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:52 am

Awesome! I'm going to ask this Sunday, so I should have an answer by that night.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Not only did they agree, they said that we're good for any Saturday (as long as we schedule ahead) after the 25th. As such, I'm going to put together a battle there for a couple weeks from now to see how it works as a BrikWars venue.

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Only six months left! That sounds like a lot, but this thread has bee up sinc Februaray last year. That means we're 75% of the way there!

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Actually having something scheduled for Europe and America will be difficult. I have exams by the end of the month and some summer stuff planned, but I'm always ready to leave some space if this sees it trough. And besides, if we can't make it this year, we'll do it next year. After all, :sparta: .

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:57 pm

That and following the True Path, that of our Glorious Leader's- If It Is Branded With A Time, It Sure As Hell Is Going To Be After That.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:50 am

So is this actually happening?
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:35 pm

I can still get us set up here in TN. I don't know whether or not people are doing other games elsewhere.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Unless there is a game in BC I can't go due to College.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k