RAGNABLOK 2012 - DISCUSSING & ORGANIZING

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

TRexOnGuitar
Champion
Champion

Post by TRexOnGuitar » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Name: Rhett
Possible ways of Transportation: Car, Bus, Plane, Unicycle

If anyone living close to me is gonna go as well I'm sure we could set up a carpool or something if you'd like.

NapalmKing
Cannon Fodder

Post by NapalmKing » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:58 pm

Looking at forums and peoples armies I think we made need to impose a cp max. Certain armies the best example being the ase have weapons that are shall we say slightly more damaging than the average gun if people are allowed to field their whole armies or even are limited to certain numbers of squads the people with inflated armor and weapons stats will have a huge disadvantage over those who use simple gun stats. I propose a 1200 cp max it is large enough so that really big armies can be deployed and small enough to put some limit on the mayhem.
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former- Albert Einstien.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:01 pm

why would you want to limit mayham? i say, that armies are grouped together on CP, so its reletively matched. another question, prizes? maybe?
Holy shit, I'm still here?

NapalmKing
Cannon Fodder

Post by NapalmKing » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:03 pm

Trust me I don't really want a limit on the mayhem but the ASE basic rifle does something like 1d6+5 for damage there should at least be a stipulation to limit gun damage vs size.
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former- Albert Einstien.

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:27 pm

There won't be much mayhem if one side is able to curbstomp the other in no time. :/
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

NapalmKing
Cannon Fodder

Post by NapalmKing » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:11 pm

So if the most powerful people allied shit?

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:20 pm

NapalmKing wrote:people with inflated armor and weapons stats will have a huge disadvantage over those who use simple gun stats. I propose a 1200 cp max it is large enough so that really big armies can be deployed and small enough to put some limit on the mayhem.
Even the "inflated" weapons and armor generally conform to balanced CP costs. This, as far as I'm aware, is the case with the ASE. If "balance" becomes an issue, just start giving your allies Almighty Bennies, inflate your own weapon stats, or make allies as appropriate.

Besides, lots of the armies don't tally their actual CP prices...
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:32 pm

my armies huge and i still havent tallied CP. also, MICROSPACE. I'm working on a SHIP, but its way too small and i ran out of pieces. microship is my answer.
Holy shit, I'm still here?

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:28 am

We also need to post all our rules modifications so we can build a system that uses all/some of them. Stuff like automatic fire, fire, vehicle hit points, everything.
Fire, Fire, burning bright
Burning down the house tonight

Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:09 am

Cpl. Halan wrote:We also need to post all our rules modifications so we can build a system that uses all/some of them. Stuff like automatic fire, fire, vehicle hit points, everything.
This is all in the rulebook. Or will be in the 2010 edition anyway. Everything else can be decided adhoc e.g. multiple hitpoints for heros.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Is this reverse car model number conventions? Didn't we miss the window for conceivably calling something the 2010 edition?

subyrally
Cannon Fodder

Post by subyrally » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Name: Tim, subyrally
Transportation: lots of it, cars, trucks, bikes, i got it covered.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:39 pm

redcapscorner wrote:Is this reverse car model number conventions? Didn't we miss the window for conceivably calling something the 2010 edition?
No, no we did not. :mrgreen:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:41 pm

The list has been being updated with players and now features the current number of players in each list. Might come in handy.

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:22 pm

I got missed on the list update!

Name: Benn Roe
Possible ways of Transportation: Whatever