BrikWars interest in Philadelphia, PA? (Serious potential)

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

NapalmKing
Cannon Fodder

Post by NapalmKing » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:53 am

I went to there once its nice especially philidelphia it is worth going to even if it isn't for brcikwars.

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:49 pm

New question. It looks like any LEGO wholesaler authorized to deal with brick & mortar stores is forced to offer an abysmal discount, meaning it's going to be next to impossible for me to offer any official LEGO product at MSRP. If I had to sell the random minifigure boosters at $4 or $5 instead of $3, would they still sell? And if I had to sell the $12 battle packs at closer to $15, is the price good enough to still be saleable? It looks like anyone that isn't Toys'R'Us or Wal-MART can't really survive on the recommended mark-ups.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Battle packs might still sell, but at 4-5 dollars, I really don't see you getting much traffic from the collectible figs.

The question might be how well any local TRU's and Wal-marts stock either of them. If they don't stock them well (as neither the walmart nor the TRU near me do), you might be golden.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:20 pm

Actually, I saw Borders selling the collectible figs at like $4.50 and I bought one so I mean it might be an okay strategy.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:27 pm

I doubt including LEGO in your inventory would be profitable for the forseeable future from a purely sales standpoint.

As to attracting LEGO enthusiasts to your store and building a customer base, it probably would... especially with regular BrikWars type events on a weekly basis. So it might be a good idea to have a few LEGO items inventoried simply to break even on the product while getting more general interest in your store?

If for some amazingly impossible reason you actually outsold WALMART in quantity of LEGO, you might be able to work out a better deal with your wholesaler or even go direct? :P

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Why don't you have a board/wargames event along with a brikwars one. people will mingle and your customer base will broaden.
Fire, Fire, burning bright
Burning down the house tonight

Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.

subyrally
Cannon Fodder

Post by subyrally » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:05 pm

hmm, thats not too far from me to be out of the question once in a while. i think its a few hours from me at best.