The Philly Brikwar 2011 (since it isn't Ragnablock yet...)

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

What date works best for you for a massive Brikwar in Philadelphia, Summer 2011?

June 4th
No votes
June 18th
No votes
June 25th
No votes
July 2nd
No votes
July 23rd
No votes
July 30th
No votes
August 20th
5%
August 27th
No votes
Any in June
9%
Any in July
9%
Any in August
27%
Any and all!
50%

Total votes: 22

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:00 am

If you three ally, I don't care what's in the way, my army will blast it's way to you.
Fire, Fire, burning bright
Burning down the house tonight

Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:55 am

So, here's where things stand with Philadelphia and Brik Wars:

1) We're running casual Brik Wars nights ever Monday at 6PM. Last week's was a lot of fun, and I'm excited about the upcoming one!

2) We're running tournaments sporadically, on Saturdays, with the first one set for April 30th, the next set for May 21st, and the next after that for July 2nd.

3) We're planning to do the big gathering, and we've set that for the weekend of August 20th. We have a big Magic tournament every Friday, so whereas there'll be some play space on Friday the 19th, there won't be enough for too much more than Magic. We also run a small Heroclix tournament every Saturday, which won't get in the way too much, and Saturday the 20th will be almost exclusively Brik Wars, with most of the tables dedicated to it. And then every Sunday we run a small Magic booster draft. It takes up a little more space than Heroclix, but not much more, so if people want to continue the Brik Warring into Sunday, that's completely feasible. Those three events still need to happen because we have regular support from those customer bases, but all day Saturday and all day Sunday most of the space will go to Brik Wars that weekend!

Now, we need to come up with a name for this gathering and figure out exactly what people expect out of it!

If anyone wants to come to any of these events, the store's address is 4040 Locust St., and we're directly on the University of Pennsylvania's campus, just west of the Schuylkill!

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:18 pm

Sounds great, Benn.

Is there gonna be a CP cap or maximum for the tournaments?
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:43 pm

redcapscorner wrote: If anyone wants to come to any of these events, the store's address is 4040 Locust St.
Free Bowling!

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:11 am

For a year, we had the same address as the bowling alley that took up part of the same building. Thankfully, they've been out of business for a year now.

And yes, there will be points caps on the tournaments, but I haven't figured out what they are yet. What's a reasonable point value, do you think?

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:28 am

I think it will mostly depend on how many figures and creations you reasonably expect people to field. My one force, which is 60ish guys strong backed by a number of small creations pushes the 800CP envelope. Maybe try the first one at 300-500 CP and then guage the rest from there. Maybe some brainstorming on that can happen tonight.

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:22 am

Yeah, 300cp was my first thought. Last week, we played one big game with everyone at around 100cp, which was great for an introductory game. I'd like to do much higher eventually, but I'd rather take baby steps to get there. 300 by the end of April seems totally reasonable.

NapalmKing
Cannon Fodder

Post by NapalmKing » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:28 pm

I think that it would be nice to have a larger battle say 1000 cp but have the 1000 represented as a team
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former- Albert Einstien.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:47 pm

are you kidding me?! im at around 2500 cp! what am i supposed to do?
Holy shit, I'm still here?

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:55 pm

I definitely want to work up to doing larger battles, and obviously for the big event in August I want to have the largest, most ridiculous battle we can have, but I'm trying to start out slow and those of you with large armies can always field just a small portion of it. I think I'm going to go with 300cp for the first tournament, and maybe 500 or 600 for the second, and see how those do.

subyrally
Cannon Fodder

Post by subyrally » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:17 pm

this makes me wonder what the cost would be for just the hatredcopter alone would be. i am still trying to figure out how to set values for units and vehicles.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:35 pm

dude, the hatredcopter is at least 3000 cp. my army, at least, when i finish my secret project, will be at around 3000-3500 cp. i think 300 cp is really much too low for the first tournament. maybe 500-700 would be better.

NapalmKing
Cannon Fodder

Post by NapalmKing » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:06 pm

Well lets see how it goes for redcap If people down there get bigger armies then we can have a bigger battle.
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former- Albert Einstien.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:47 pm

yeah i guess. so how long is the thing going to be? a day, or weekend? for the record i think weekend would be epic badassery.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:57 pm

Still totally disagreed, razgriz. 300CP is great as a starter tournament. You have to keep in mind that tournaments--which are one day affairs--include three to four different matches. Playing three battles in an afternoon with over 500CP just isn't going to get it done in a reasonable amount of time.

There are always casual games and big gatherings to bust out all the stops.