Newbish n00b questions, MkII

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Re: Newbish n00b questions, MkII

Postby Maraxous » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:01 pm

I don't know if I have over looked it or what, but my question is can I use SN dice to add knock back? Like could you add 1d6 knock back to your ball bat, or throw guys around like Sauron in LOTR?
TROLOLO
Maraxous
Champion
Champion

Postby Voin » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Maraxous wrote:I don't know if I have over looked it or what, but my question is can I use SN dice to add knock back? Like could you add 1d6 knock back to your ball bat, or throw guys around like Sauron in LOTR?

Yup, you just apply Movement aspect: Thrust inches :warhead:
Thrust: apply (Die) inches of Thrust to object​

So (if I'm calculating this right - someone who has more experience with SN dice can correct me), a Baseball Bat of Mighty Slugging with a d6 bought in to represent its Supernatural cliche could add, as you said, 1d6" of Thrust to a struck target (making them take additional collision damage if they fly ≥4"), but keep in mind, the UR on said Baseball Bat would be +1 (for a total of 4, assuming you started with Heavy Weapon stats), effectively the same as the -1 penalty to Skill rolls per SN dice used.
Voin
Galidor
Galidor

Location: De-facto Greater Kekistani Republic Ethnostate, in Diaspora/Holy Kekkan Empire

Postby Maraxous » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:45 pm

Voin wrote:
Maraxous wrote:I don't know if I have over looked it or what, but my question is can I use SN dice to add knock back? Like could you add 1d6 knock back to your ball bat, or throw guys around like Sauron in LOTR?

Yup, you just apply Movement aspect: Thrust inches :warhead:
Thrust: apply (Die) inches of Thrust to object​

So (if I'm calculating this right - someone who has more experience with SN dice can correct me), a Baseball Bat of Mighty Slugging with a d6 bought in to represent its Supernatural cliche could add, as you said, 1d6" of Thrust to a struck target (making them take additional collision damage if they fly ≥4"), but keep in mind, the UR on said Baseball Bat would be +1 (for a total of 4, assuming you started with Heavy Weapon stats), effectively the same as the -1 penalty to Skill rolls per SN dice used.

That is ossum
TROLOLO
Maraxous
Champion
Champion

Postby Voin » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:33 pm

Remember, it's a whole Supernatural Cliche, so it doesn't do just the one thing. An SN Baseball Bat like that could also add its SN to things like damage or parrying thrown objects.
Voin
Galidor
Galidor

Location: De-facto Greater Kekistani Republic Ethnostate, in Diaspora/Holy Kekkan Empire

Previous

Return to The Rulebook