Newbish n00b questions, MkII

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Re: Newbish n00b questions, MkII

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:42 am

Its a melee weapon. That's the simplest and most efficient way.
Image Image

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Voin wrote:
AnnoyedZebra wrote:Its a melee weapon. That's the simplest and most efficient way.
Yeah, but I figure it should be less effective than an actual melee weapon, otherwise, what's the point of buying a 6" HyperAdamantanium AntiPlama ChainClaymore of Doom! for your mech if a konvenient piece of rebar will do the same trick? :???:

I mean, there's a reason mankind invented swords, rather than just thumping each other w/ whatever random sticks happened to be lying nearby for all time.
Well heres the thing. Do you have a battlefield littered with 6"objects? I personally don't see them as common at all. But another thing is the item might break from impact damage? Give it the armor that would best suit it make your mech swing his arm and calculate the momentum (probably not the best way probably easier ways) just a suggestion.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

AnnoyedZebra

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:35 pm

Maybe count them as half damage but same use?
Image Image

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:17 pm

Voin wrote:How exactly does drowning work?
If you want to get super official, call it Suffocation Damage: 1d6 Exposure Damage times the Size of the drowning creature at the end of each turn, if they go a whole turn without air. Suffocation Damage from consecutive turns is cumulative.
Voin wrote:6. How do you treat Random Objects bigger than minifig-size? For example if a giant or mech picked up a car or telephone pole?
Random Object
Use: Size+3 Damage: (Sixe x Skill die) -2
Voin wrote:7. Do Critical-Fails on weapons always result in self-injury?
Actually I don't see people doing this very often. Usually it's accidentally throwing the weapon away or hitting one of your friends.
Voin wrote:8. Do overskill explosives get extra radius?
If you use Overskill to add another d10 to an explosive's damage, then yes.
An Overskill Benny is like an Instant Benny that can only be spent to the specific Action the minifig was rolling for (1.4: The Spirit of the Game). If an Overskill Benny is used to add Damage to an attack, it adds one more of the attack's existing Damage dice. A 1d6+1 Rifle gets an Overskill bonus of +1d6, while a 1d10 (Exp) Grenade gets an Overskill bonus of +1d10 (Exp), making it twice as Explosive (8.4: Heavy Explosives). Otherwise, an Overskill Benny can be spent to add +1d6 to the Skill Roll if necessary, or to any of the Action's existing stats (+1d6 inches to the distance of a Sprint, for instance, but not +1d6 inches to the Range of a Close Combat attack, which has no existing Range stat).
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

AnnoyedZebra

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:19 am

Voin wrote:Are there any rules for backblast from launchers? Obviously, depending on Tek, this is #NotAllLaunchers, but the hilarious potential for frying your own buddy's nuts off w/ a cone of flame seems too good to pass up for Brikwars. Maybe some sort of trade-off bonus for accepting the potential risk?

This could be added into kermodify. Make the back a size[whatever] flamethrower that fires everytime the mian launcher fires.
Last edited by AnnoyedZebra on Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

stubby

Post by stubby » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:18 am

Voin wrote:Are there any rules for backblast from launchers? Obviously, depending on Tek, this is #NotAllLaunchers, but the hilarious potential for frying your own buddy's nuts off w/ a cone of flame seems too good to pass up for Brikwars. Maybe some sort of trade-off bonus for accepting the potential risk?
As always, BrikWars 2001 did it first. It's at the top of page 23. http://brikwars.com/rules/2001/2001-brikwars.pdf

AnnoyedZebra

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:17 am

Voin wrote:How would you stat the various spring-loaded shooters/launchers from LEGO?

1" or 2" just seems a bit...underwhelming, considering the size of the projectile & their oft-central place in models.
If its a central part of the model, stat the model's size as the weapon's size
Image Image

AnnoyedZebra

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:59 pm

If the model is 5 inch long and built around a launcher, make the launcher count as a five inch weapon
Image Image

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Voin wrote:Not sure what you mean... :???:
He means stat the whole build as a giant gun with tires.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:27 am

Dude you can always fudge an inch or two.
If their actual size is 2" but you feel like that's underwhelming just make it count as size 3 or 4.
We get that a lot here on the forums: "Help this gun is only x amount of inches but I want it to have stronger stats what should I do you guys?"

Besides it seem like in that build you would want to use them as single shot use so I would stat them as size 3" or 4" missiles:
Size 3 use: 6 Range: 18" Dmg: 3d10exp
Seems apropiate
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:59 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:Dude you can always fudge an inch or two.
Why stop there? A weapon's physical size isn't a concrete limitation on its stats. You could stat a 2" weapon as an 8" one if you wanted to. But its power requirement and use rating scale up to match.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:28 pm

Gungnir wrote:
*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:Dude you can always fudge an inch or two.
Why stop there? A weapon's physical size isn't a concrete limitation on its stats. You could stat a 2" weapon as an 8" one if you wanted to. But its power requirement and use rating scale up to match.
Yeah I agree completely. Although it can be hard to convince your opponent that your 3" gun has 8" stats with out breaking immersion.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

stubby

Post by stubby » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:16 am

Voin wrote:6. On a related note, if I have a large 1-piece (or mostly 1-piece) explosive/rocket, should I just stat if at the equivalent of however many bricks would make it up?
Or by inches, depending on how large it is. Otherwise it can get ridiculous.
Voin wrote:7.
Chapter 9 wrote:Minifigs who are made of Fire, like djinnis, lava monsters, and Michael Jordan, do not suffer Fire penalties or Burning Rolls. They can still set one touched object on Fire per turn.
Does it cost anything extra for "Minifigs made of Fire"?
That's up to your house rules.
Voin wrote:8. Can Field Hazards be "stacked/layered"? For example, a river of lava/acid would be Exposure Damage + Difficult Terrain (Current).
Yes. You can mix and match the types of the Hazard dice, but it's still limited to one die per inch of size.

stubby

Post by stubby » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:29 am

Yes, but they're all bad.

stubby

Post by stubby » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:33 am

I looked, but as far as I can tell the threads all got deleted in the Overlution. But periodically somebody (mostly Colette) will start a new thread about how to make factions that meet whatever inexplicable standards they have for the universe, and then everyone else argues with them. Nothing useful results.

Creatures with Minds can choose between a natural attack or hands (or the equivalent). So a flying vermin with no bite could have fine manipulators for the same price. Otherwise there's no price break for buying a Mind but not taking any manipulators to go with it. A flying vermin is still 0CP for a Size 0 body, plus 1CP for a d6 Mind, plus 2CP for 4" Flight movement.