Page 1 of 1

Droid arms...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:18 pm
by Popchik
So I'm planning a trade federation horde, but all i see the droids carrying are weak-ass short ranged weapons. And I really don't want to buy long ranged gun pieces, its already enough that I have to upgrade the old droid's arms and megaphone blasters. plus it just doesn't look as good. So, could I use the short ranged pieces as if they were long-ranged guns if I buy them as long-ranged guns? and does the same go for the super-battle droids built-in guns? can i buy them as long or short ranged guns? Thanks all

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:38 pm
by Blitzen
Yes. Yes you can. Just make sure that you know they're long range weapons, or it will be very, very confusing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:30 pm
by Bonn-o-Tron
As for the megaphone blasters, put coloured studs on the end so you can differentiate between long and short.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:09 am
by Dr. X
Yeah, that's a good idea. But a better one is to just forget that bloody CP cost stuff entirely. Who wants the extra hassle just to get fairness?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:32 am
by Popchik
aS FOR THE MEGA... shit... why does capslock have to be by the A... As for megaphones, i don't use them, I upgrade old sets with bricklink. And i like to know what the CP for all my stuff is. gives me a complete feeling. doesn't mean i use 'em.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:36 am
by pesgores
Popchik wrote:aS FOR THE MEGA... shit... why does capslock have to be by the A... As for megaphones, i don't use them, I upgrade old sets with bricklink. And i like to know what the CP for all my stuff is. gives me a complete feeling. doesn't mean i use 'em.


Lol, all your posts contain swearing.

Megaphones are only good for making bazooka-like weapons.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:09 am
by piltogg
add a 1by1 brick to a megaphone-it becomes long range

add 2 of the short range lasers together- becomes long range

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:28 pm
by Popchik
pesgores wrote:Lol, all your posts contain swearing.



Yeah, I saw a comic somewhere that deminstrates the rule of n00b, can't find it know. it goes like this:
Normal person + Internet anonymousness + Audience = Total jackass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:01 pm
by pesgores
Popchik wrote:
pesgores wrote:Lol, all your posts contain swearing.



Yeah, I saw a comic somewhere that deminstrates the rule of n00b, can't find it know. it goes like this:
Normal person + Internet anonymousness + Audience = Total jackass


That comic is right indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:50 am
by ColourSchemer
Popchik wrote:aS FOR THE MEGA... shit... why does capslock have to be by the A... As for megaphones, i don't use them, I upgrade old sets with bricklink. And i like to know what the CP for all my stuff is. gives me a complete feeling. doesn't mean i use 'em.


Maybe they should move the backspace button to that location, so you could find and use it?

Why give droids long range weapons? They can't hit point blank targets in the movie or Cartoon Network series, why would they on the table?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:11 pm
by Ross_Varn
Says the noob.

Popchik, i think droids count as cannon fodder. That said, you could attach a black 1x1 cylinder to the front of the gun and call it long.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:44 am
by Rody
AmmoMan wrote:Says the noob.

Popchik, i think droids count as cannon fodder. That said, you could attach a black 1x1 cylinder to the front of the gun and call it long.

or you attach banana to it, and call it a long ranged weapon.
as long you as you know the difference, anything goes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:33 pm
by 501stCadians
Why not just buy the guns of brick link?