Minifigs that have flight.

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Minifigs that have flight.

Post by Bluefog » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:53 am

I've been saying that a jet pack/wings/super power allows 10" of movement mostly because it allows combat to happen a lot faster... and that's what I want, but it might be a little far though, plus, a dude with wings would have less movement than a dude with a jet pack probably right? Anyone have thoughts on this? I'm thinking people most be dabbling with this, especially with the Chima sets. My army has 4 minifigs with wings, including my hero... I don't want to make them too powerful though, I'm all about the fair play.

EDIT: Sorry if someone already asked this, but I looked on the first page and didn't see anything and I'm far too lazy to go back further.

DOUBLE EDIT: Another totally unrelated question: Do heroes just automatically dual wield or would that have to be a feat?
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: Minifigs that have flight.

Post by stubby » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:49 am

Bluefog wrote:I've been saying that a jet pack/wings/super power allows 10" of movement mostly because it allows combat to happen a lot faster... and that's what I want, but it might be a little far though, plus, a dude with wings would have less movement than a dude with a jet pack probably right? Anyone have thoughts on this? I'm thinking people most be dabbling with this, especially with the Chima sets. My army has 4 minifigs with wings, including my hero... I don't want to make them too powerful though, I'm all about the fair play.

EDIT: Sorry if someone already asked this, but I looked on the first page and didn't see anything and I'm far too lazy to go back further.

DOUBLE EDIT: Another totally unrelated question: Do heroes just automatically dual wield or would that have to be a feat?
I put winged minifigs at a standard 5" Flying and let them do an aerial Sprint for extra speed as usual. Jetpack minifigs I give 5" on foot plus 5" in any straight line.

Flying minifigs are limited in how much weight they can carry. They can't wear Heavy Armor or use Large minifig weapons.

Dual wielding Hand Weapons is legal for all minifigs; other types of dual wields are technically Feats, but a lot of people just fudge that.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:28 pm

stubby wrote:Flying minifigs are limited in how much weight they can carry. They can't wear Heavy Armor or use Large minifig weapons.
Some of this murders my go to flying unit ideas, like angels, for example. But I can't honestly think of a better way to keep their utility balanced.

stubby

Post by stubby » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:00 am

They can still wear Body Armor and carry Medium weapons no problem.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:46 am

What about Superman?
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

stubby

Post by stubby » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:56 am

Superman uses a big pile of supernatural dice to achieve all his crazy effects.

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:28 am

stubby wrote: I put winged minifigs at a standard 5" Flying and let them do an aerial Sprint for extra speed as usual. Jetpack minifigs I give 5" on foot plus 5" in any straight line.

Flying minifigs are limited in how much weight they can carry. They can't wear Heavy Armor or use Large minifig weapons.

Dual wielding Hand Weapons is legal for all minifigs; other types of dual wields are technically Feats, but a lot of people just fudge that.
Would an aerial sprint require more rolling of dice? I try to avoid that as much as possible... of late I seem to roll nothing but critical fails.
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."

stubby

Post by stubby » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:46 am

Bluefog wrote:Would an aerial sprint require more rolling of dice? I try to avoid that as much as possible... of late I seem to roll nothing but critical fails.
Yes. I imagine a critfail on an aerial Sprint makes you fall out of the sky.

If you really want to have armored Angels, SN dice wouldn't be a bad way to do it. Otherwise, just slap some Armor on them and who cares what the rules say.

stubby

Post by stubby » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:58 pm

Just remember that Thrust doesn't let you end the turn in the air. You fall wherever you fall.

Szerszen
Champion
Champion

Post by Szerszen » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:52 am

I just adopted for flying units (especially Chima) just rule of additional engine in the same style as legs, which are engine with 5" speed (2.5 CP), of course with rule for flying engine - so you can create even flying units with speed 1" for 1 CP. If you need more speed, you are just paying more CP.
One brick to connect them all...

stubby

Post by stubby » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:26 am

Seems like an unnecessary extra roll. Unless you have some reason to think they wouldn't land on their feet (someone who's bad at jetpacks maybe?), I'd just assume that anyone with a jetpack can control their fall well enough that it's not an issue.

Kind of like the jumping rules in 9.3.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Is there even a minifig fall speed anymore? Like the jetpack situation stubby mentioned, just assume they land safely if they have thrusters. You don't have to calculate out whether or not they have "enough" thrusters to land, just whether they have them or not and whether landing safely would be reasonable.

Also, the Mobile Infantry have had jumpjets since the Heinlein book.