I need help Stating some Figs...

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

I need help Stating some Figs...

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:39 pm

Ok, so I'm planning on doing a think on 4chan's /tg/ board, basically a Brikwars quest...
But before I go any further, I want to make each of the three character choices equally badass enough to carve their way through waves of whatever I dig out of the toy box to throw at them.
Here are their pictures:

Space Marine
Heavy Armor, a Jetpack, and a High powered Rifle with Aim assistance from his HUD.

Jango Fett
Medium Armor, a Jetpack, and twin pistols.

Fire Ninja
No Armor, but twin Katana, stealthy, and fastest move speed of the bunch.

...So, ideas?
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Re: I need help Stating some Figs...

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:14 pm

Keep in mind, a /tg/questthread is an entirely different beast than most other formats. Nature of the system is that input is random and can possibly be completely invalid- essentially, TwitchPlaysPokemon only everyone's horny. There's a reason they're not playing rounds of Risk or whatever over there- I'm not too sure that stats are the way to go in this arena.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:22 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Keep in mind, a /tg/questthread is an entirely different beast than most other formats. Nature of the system is that input is random and can possibly be completely invalid- essentially, TwitchPlaysPokemon only everyone's horny.

Well I'm going to decide on the input mostly at random as well, but need the Stats for actual crunch calculations.
I mean, it's hard to fail if you don't know what counts as a failure...
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby stubby » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:37 pm

Maybe you should do a practice one here first, get all the bugs worked out
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:42 pm

stubby wrote:Maybe you should do a practice one here first, get all the bugs worked out

I tried that, not enough people signed up for it...
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby stubby » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:06 pm

That sounds like a pretty big bug to be worked out right off the bat then, if you can't present the quest well enough that people want to participate to begin with.

Although that's part of why I asked, just from looking at what you've posted here already, I can already tell that you need some presentation practice. These are not the kind of pictures that will make people think they're in for a fun time. For a couple of quick improvements, try holding the camera flat against a flat surface and adding a couple of lamps to light the scene better.

Do you really need people to sign up first though, if your plan is to do a 4chan stlye quest?
stubby

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:30 pm

stubby wrote:Although that's part of why I asked, just from looking at what you've posted here already, I can already tell that you need some presentation practice. These are not the kind of pictures that will make people think they're in for a fun time. For a couple of quick improvements, try holding the camera flat against a flat surface and adding a couple of lamps to light the scene better.

Yeah, I figured I'd need more light, but the camera was on a tripod...

stubby wrote:Do you really need people to sign up first though, if your plan is to do a 4chan stlye quest?

No, but that's why I'm trying a 4chan style quest, unlike a Forum Battle where you need as many people as you have factions, anyone who's there gets control of the one guy.
Plus unlike a Forum Battle, I don't necessarily have to leave my stuff out between scenes, so I don't have to worry about things getting moved or leaving the table a mess.
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby Colette » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:37 pm

Twitch plays Brikwars...
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Theblackdog » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:09 am

Here's something I'm building in LDD.

Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:25 am

Whiteagle wrote:Yeah, I figured I'd need more light, but the camera was on a tripod...

So you need to either adjust your tripod or find another solution. You can see that those photos are skewed at an angle, right?

Whiteagle wrote:No, but that's why I'm trying a 4chan style quest, unlike a Forum Battle where you need as many people as you have factions, anyone who's there gets control of the one guy.
Plus unlike a Forum Battle, I don't necessarily have to leave my stuff out between scenes, so I don't have to worry about things getting moved or leaving the table a mess.

Right. What I'm saying is, why don't you do a 4chan style quest, but here, where people are more likely to help you figure out how to do parts of it better rather than just flip a table over like they would on 4chan.
stubby

Postby Whiteagle » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:05 am

stubby wrote:So you need to either adjust your tripod or find another solution. You can see that those photos are skewed at an angle, right?

Ah... that would be the damned base...
It's suppose to flip off to one side, but the cheap thing doesn't have a very good joint there.

stubby wrote:Right. What I'm saying is, why don't you do a 4chan style quest, but here, where people are more likely to help you figure out how to do parts of it better rather than just flip a table over like they would on 4chan.

...Because here it doesn't do anything to raise awareness of Brikwars...
...Plus it's going to end up the same five or six people.
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby stubby » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:32 am

Do you remember what I was saying yesterday about shitty scripts? How it's better to do nothing than make things worse?

I think /tg/ is already "aware" of BrikWars. Forcing a sub-par presentation down their throats is just going to make people "aware" they want to avoid it. Which is why I suggest thinking like any performer, and taking some time to polish your act before taking it on the road.
stubby

Postby Whiteagle » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:09 am

stubby wrote:I think /tg/ is already "aware" of BrikWars. Forcing a sub-par presentation down their throats is just going to make people "aware" they want to avoid it. Which is why I suggest thinking like any performer, and taking some time to polish your act before taking it on the road.

I can understand polishing my presentation Mike, but realize these pics were snapped in five minutes just to show the forum what I wanted to stat.

When I start for real, I'll proabably point every lamp I can on it and at least skew the viewing angle on the tripod so it's shitty mount is less noticeable.
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby Itxi » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:14 am

I'll join if you host one here. It'll give me a bit of practice with forum battle proceedings.
Itxi
Hero

Postby Brikguy0410 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:07 pm

No 4chan!
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Next

Return to The Rulebook