BW 2010 Statcard Generator

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

WestNordOst
Officer

Re: BW 2010 Statcard Generator

Post by WestNordOst » Sat May 17, 2014 9:41 pm

Okay, big update here. An incomplete list:
+ ADD: Can zoom the title image with the scrollwheel (up to 2x of the original picture)
+ ADD: Can move around the title image with the mouse
+ ADD: Can now print out and download the statcard
+ ADD: Display basic stats on backside of statcard
+ ADD: Display table of selected weapons on backside of statcard. Similar weapons are merged.
+ ADD: Equipment, Specialities (like Supernaturality) are all displayed and their effects described (dynamically) on the backside
+ ADD: Nicer fonts! More shadow on the title.
+ ADD: Can specify a custom name for weapons for display in the statcard now. E.g. "Sword of the Master", "Lazorboom", etc...
+ ADD: Can specify a "program" now for "Programmed" minds which turns up in the statcard then.
+ ADD: One click less for adding supernaturality ;-)
+ CHANGED: Smaller font for flavor text - so you can write more!
+ FIX: default movement calculation cannot lead to negative movement (for extremely big creations)

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Sun May 18, 2014 12:08 pm

Final update:
+ ADD nice background image(s) for the page
+ ADD possibility to add custom specialities/equipment

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun May 18, 2014 1:19 pm

The functionality on this this is amazing. I played around with it for a while and everything works very very smoothly including the image drag and drop.
You are doing gods work here mate.

One request would be the ability to add a little table that shows the effects of a reduced functional size such as shown in chapter 7.2 under the size damage example.

Also the small list of weapons could be a little bit smaller especially because there is quite some space in between the different noted weapons.
It looks nice but takes up a lot of space.
Last edited by *CRAZYHORSE* on Sun May 18, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sun May 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Drag and drop image - works
Selecting an image with the Browse button is now broken, it did work before. - broken

Sliding an Image works - works
Resizing with scroll wheel does not work, it scrolls the page up and down - broken

I use Firefox 12.0, so a few versions behind.

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Sun May 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Update
+ FIX: Browse button for title image
+ FIX: Scroll wheel on browsers that are not Firefox or IE
+ CHANGE: weapons table is one row smaller
+ FIX: display of page on Opera and Chrome
+ FIX: view doesn't get reset on printing
One request would be the ability to add a little table that shows the effects of a reduced functional size such as shown in chapter 7.2 under the size damage example.
Hmm, the "calculation" there is quite simple, isn't it? Do you think there is even the want for that?

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Sun May 18, 2014 6:36 pm

After some consideration, you are right. The whole size damage thing is quite complex as the effective size is important for the armor level, crashes, POPs, movement and power.

Update:
ADD: by default, display a damage-size table for creations bigger than 1 inch below the title on the back side.
ADD: switch to rather display the one-liner attributes text on backside and not the damage-size table in the customize statcard options
CHANGE: make tables prettier (grey-white-grey-white rows)

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon May 19, 2014 3:35 pm

WestNordOst wrote:After some consideration, you are right. The whole size damage thing is quite complex as the effective size is important for the armor level, crashes, POPs, movement and power.
Yeah that's how I felt about it.

Man you are the most productive person on this forum in ages. This statscard generator is starting to become a thing of beauty.

Timedude
Snackist
Snackist

Post by Timedude » Tue May 20, 2014 10:35 am

:shock: Oh my god this is beautiful. I was just able to build a simple statcard in less than 5 minutes, do problems. Hell, you can even recolor the statcard! And you picked good, nonclashy fonts for the card itself, which is nice (as person who really likes aesthetics). I will be playing with this later for sure! :tiger: :studgod:
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri May 23, 2014 8:05 pm

I feel like the generator is almost completely perfect for larger creatures and vehicles but I still feel as if it lacks in the minifig compartment seeing as it still lacks the proper minifig melee weapons, minfig armor and the standard minifg specialties even though you could theoretically just copy paste them into the specialties tab.
There are also no options for Hero armor of 2d6 or Pilot armor of 1d6-1.

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Sat May 24, 2014 4:21 am

Yes, it lacks the minifig compartment. The generator is not intended to be for minifigs but for general constructions as minifigs come with a couple of extra rules, equipment and specialities only applicable to them. For example:
+ Two-Handed-Weapons (not being 1:1 a 2" Melee Weapon)
+ Body armor, Hero armor, Pilot armor
+ ~All specialities
+ properties/specialities of certain melee weapons, shields etc like KnockBack, KnockBack-but-not-disrupted, Can parry charge attacks etc

If included, it would enable all kinds of weird stuff like applying body armor/hero armor to vehicles etc.. Additionally, for most minifig specific equipment, specialities and weapon specialities, there are no rules how to scale them with the construction size. I don't want to invent any rules here, so as long as this is not noted in the rules, I rather not include it.

However, the rest of the bastard (minifig) weapons I can add.

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Sat May 24, 2014 4:26 am

UPDATE:
+ ADD missing minifig weapons: minifig tool, heavy weapon and heavy shield.
+ CHANGE minifig weapons not to appear in standard dropdown but only if selected "add a Bastard Minifig weapon " on adding weapon

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat May 24, 2014 9:30 am

Ah I see, it doesn't indeed bring up a lot of weird scenarios which don't really make sense.
Maybe a separate minifig statcard generator?
Would that be hard to do?

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun May 25, 2014 1:47 am

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:Maybe a separate minifig statcard generator?
Would that be hard to do?
This is the smartest solution, but WestNordOst has done enough work already. Even God rested on the 7th day.

I assuredly speak for the entire Brikwars community by saying that we would love to see one, but take your time if you choose to do so.

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Sun May 25, 2014 8:20 am

Yes, it would indeed be quite a lot of work to do considering the current code basis.

Also, I'd need to add the possibility to adjust just about every value of the generated statcard since the stats, attributes, specialities, costs and equipment can be fudged for minifig creations that are not standard. (And for standard minifigs, there is the general statcard generator.) But if you go and fudge your creation anyway - does not have to be limited to a minifig statcards -, then you are better of with the GIMP/Photoshop template in my opinion.

So, I will not create a statcard generator for minifigs or other creations that use fudged (own; not generalized) rules. But, I could provide the GIMP and/or PS template I used for the statcard generator packed together with the fonts used.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon May 26, 2014 6:54 pm

WestNordOst wrote:So, I will not create a statcard generator for minifigs or other creations that use fudged (own; not generalized) rules. But, I could provide the GIMP and/or PS template I used for the statcard generator packed together with the fonts used.
Maybe just put it in a downlaod link at the bottom of the statcard generator page.
Seriously you are like Brikwars Jesus right now, or well at least a lesser prophet or something.