A Suggestion

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

A Suggestion

Postby Danuis » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:39 pm

I suggest the armies and such should have MORALE. I been using it for some time now, anyway, it works like this.

A Army, or a single fig, has 100 MORALE. It keeps it in check.

Should the MORALE fall, say, over 2/3rds of the army die, they run, or cry, or start doing nothing.

It works for me, i enjoy chasing down Vannasas little ork.
Danuis,hero,savoy!
TROLOLO
Danuis
Hero

Postby Jaye Tea » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:52 pm

sounds cool but It adds a whole other thing to keep track of.
Glory be to the Bomb, and to the Holy Fallout. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be. World without end. May the Blessings of the Bomb Almighty, and the Fellowship of the Holy Fallout, descend upon us all. This day and forever more. Amen!
Jaye Tea
Officer

Postby birdman » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:27 pm

oh my god, morale.
do not suggest morale for brikwars.
do not even think about it.
brikwars and morale go together like kittens and druggies.

I suppose, if you were putting together a historical battle it might work...
but for a 1-off game... no.
birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:50 pm

Jaye Tea wrote:sounds cool but It adds a whole other thing to keep track of.

My sentiments exactly.

What would constitute losing morale? or gaining it? and how much would be lost?

For situational-specific games, yeah it could work. But I wouldn't recommend it for the run-of-the-mill brikwars game unless there was a) a really easy way to do it and b) it made the game more fun.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby 501stCadians » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:50 pm

I use morale all the time becuase me an my friends fudge the rules to the point where it is a brikwars/warhammer 40k hybrid- It is BrikWar 40k! lol....
But put it like this:
Your basic minifig has a very low moral of 9. When you must take a morale test(Losing 2/3 of the unit in one turn,sinper/mortar/arterly fire/tank(more of that later)you roll two d6s. If it is the same or ABOVE the morale level: the test is passed. If it is not,the test fails.All units involved wet their pants. They then have two choices:
Fall Back!
roll 2d6. That is the distance the unit must fall back.
Option 2:
Get Down!
The unit hugs the ground for all there worth,freaked out, and cannot do anything for that turn.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
Playmobil

Postby vulcant13 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:42 pm

Woot now i don't have to explain the 40k morale thing :D

But i don't think it should be in brikwars for the reason Jaye Tea said.
TROLOLO
vulcant13
Hero

Postby ColourSchemer » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:45 pm

Running away may be historically accurate for people unaccustomed to winning, such as the French. But its not fun for anyone- not the cowardly losers or the overwhelming winners. Miraculous comebacks ARE fun, funny at least.

(typed quickly, one-handed while holding a baby, what's your excuse?)
ColourSchemer
Officer

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:39 pm

Well, this might work. You could have 10 Moral Points for your whole army, and if you kill 2 minifigs, it advances a point, if a turn goes by without killing anyone, it drops a point.

If it hits 20, all troops get +2" to move, +2 to damage, and get +2 on skill rolls. If it hits 0, all troops get -5" to move, -3 to damage, and -4 on skill.

Any good?
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Theblackdog » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:37 pm

I'm pretty sure Rayhawk himself said in the rules that minfigs are maniacal killing machines who live for the sheer thrill of destruction. Morale isn't important to them, because they don't necessarily want to win -- they just want to kill as many enemies as they can before they are killed themselves.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:40 pm

Yeah, but if they go for a long time (five minutes) without killing anything, wouldn't they get depressed?
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby vulcant13 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:25 pm

They could always kill each other. And if they're alone or a more disciplined unit they'd get even hungrier for killing. like a starved lion.
TROLOLO
vulcant13
Hero

Postby tahthing » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:28 pm

hmmm you could have if a minifigure doesn't kill eneything for say 5-10 turns depending on length of game it gets bored and attacks the nearest target even if its like a giant super mech or one of its own team.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby Theblackdog » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:11 am

tahthing wrote:hmmm you could have if a minifigure doesn't kill eneything for say 5-10 turns depending on length of game it gets bored and attacks the nearest target even if its like a giant super mech or one of its own team.

I like this idea; I'd suggest 5 turns, and change the rule from "doesn't kill anything" to "doesn't attack anything". It fits with the spirit of the game and it's an easy way to punish BrikWussies who hold their forces back.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby vulcant13 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:52 am

Theblackdog wrote:\ It fits with the spirit of the game and it's an easy way to punish BrikWussies who hold their forces back.

I'm gonna do absolutely nothing with one army and enjoy the results :P
TROLOLO
vulcant13
Hero

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:59 pm

That would be perfect. One army sits off in the corner and waits for the other two to beat each other up, and suddenly, chaos breaks loose! The Calvary turns on each other, the infantry rushes the archers, and the wizard division starts blasting items randomly...

Someone get Rayhawk in here. We have a keeper.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Next

Return to The Rulebook