SHIP weapon limits

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

SHIP weapon limits

Post by Battlegrinder » Thu May 12, 2016 1:04 pm

I'm working on building a mini-fig scale SHIP of my Forseti class frigate, and I was wanting to check something on the weapon loadouts. As I recall, the rule that aircraft are limited to only firing weapons up to their own length doesn't apply to SHIPs, which use the more general rule that they can fire twice thier own length worth of weapons. Is that correct?

bann154
bann is the mann

Re: SHIP weapon limits

Post by bann154 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:14 pm

That is actually determined by what kind of movement you give your craft as fling movement has the its own size rule where standard movement grants 2X and standard movement is detailed as spaceflight so its really up to what kind of movement your giving it.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Thu May 12, 2016 1:17 pm

bann154 wrote:That is actually determined by what kind of movement you give your craft as fling movement has the its own size rule where standard movement grants 2X and standard movement is detailed as spaceflight so its really up to what kind of movement your giving it.
Huh. That bit might have changed then, when I was last active here that's not how it worked. Though that does makes things easier.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:17 am

It's mainly a game-balance rule for battles that involve both air units and ground units, because otherwise air units are too dominant. In space, where it's mainly space units versus other space units, there's no need for that balance mechanic.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:28 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:Forseti class frigate
Can we have a photo or link? I would love to see the inspiration for your undertaking.