Armor: How Often Do You Roll?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Armor: How Often Do You Roll?

Postby Legomc » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:48 am

As I've been playing, I couldn't decide (or find in the rulebook) whether you role for armor of a given creation either A) Once for the entire turn when first damaged, B) Once per attack against it (so you wouldn't re-roll for overkill), or C) Everytime it takes damage, including over kill?

Here are some examples of what I mean:
I have a Size 4 tank with 3d10 armor. Ten of you soldier fire at that tank with Short-Ranged Weapons. Seven hit with one over skill, making the total damage 8d6. The dice are rolled totaling at 24 damage. I then roll the tank's 3d10 armor. I get the poor role of a 2, 3, and 5, making my armor 10. The tank takes one size point of damage. The other player elects to try to overkill my tank. By option A and B above, the tank would take another point of damage, re-rolling the new 2d10 armor if the opponent tries to overkill again. By C however, I would roll again, getting another chance to get lucky (or unlucky if your me).

Options A or B seem most logical to me, but what happens if you roll a critical failure? If you manage to roll five 1's on your Indestructible Uber Death Tank's armor, thus failing to have any, does that mean a single point of damage would destroy it?
TheVengefulOne wrote:
XxXTheEdgiestMemeXxX wrote:>I believe Concave Dolphin is a very balanced and well-rounded team. However, Concave Dolphin could benefit from a healer and a tank. :tiger:

If you mean Concave Dolphin could benefit from being run over by a tank, I think they already have.
Legomc
you don't nessesarily think about what you are saying

Re: Armor: How Often Do You Roll?

Postby bann154 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:20 am

Yu are supposed to roll every time a creation takes damage in the overkill part of the rule book it states (to my knowledge) that you retold your armor if there is overkill damage until you die or no damage is left.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
bann154
bann is the mann

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Reroll for every source of damage. Combined fire and ganging-up count as one source of damage.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Postby stubby » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:33 am

Legomc wrote:As I've been playing, I couldn't decide (or find in the rulebook) whether you role for armor of a given creation either A) Once for the entire turn when first damaged, B) Once per attack against it (so you wouldn't re-roll for overkill), or C) Everytime it takes damage, including over kill?

Here are some examples of what I mean:
I have a Size 4 tank with 3d10 armor. Ten of you soldier fire at that tank with Short-Ranged Weapons. Seven hit with one over skill, making the total damage 8d6. The dice are rolled totaling at 24 damage. I then roll the tank's 3d10 armor. I get the poor role of a 2, 3, and 5, making my armor 10. The tank takes one size point of damage. The other player elects to try to overkill my tank. By option A and B above, the tank would take another point of damage, re-rolling the new 2d10 armor if the opponent tries to overkill again. By C however, I would roll again, getting another chance to get lucky (or unlucky if your me).

Options A or B seem most logical to me, but what happens if you roll a critical failure? If you manage to roll five 1's on your Indestructible Uber Death Tank's armor, thus failing to have any, does that mean a single point of damage would destroy it?

The answer is C. You roll the Damage once, and keep rolling the Armor until the overkill runs out.

So in this example, your opponent rolls 24 Damage. You roll a 2, 3, and 5, for 10. You take a point of Size Damage, reducing your Effective Size to 3".

There are 14 points of Damage left. You roll a 1, 1, 1, thus failing to have any armor. You take another point of Size Damage, reducing you to 2" and your Armor to 2d10.

There are still the same 14 points of Damage. You roll a 1 and a 10, giving you a Bonus 1d6; you roll a 3 for a total of 14. You tie the Damage roll, tie goes to the defender, you survive with 2" Size remaining.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby Legomc » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:05 am

Okay. That's how I've been doing it? Just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.
TheVengefulOne wrote:
XxXTheEdgiestMemeXxX wrote:>I believe Concave Dolphin is a very balanced and well-rounded team. However, Concave Dolphin could benefit from a healer and a tank. :tiger:

If you mean Concave Dolphin could benefit from being run over by a tank, I think they already have.
Legomc
you don't nessesarily think about what you are saying

Return to The Rulebook