Heavy's Horses

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Heavy's Horses

Postby thedanster7000 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:56 pm

Does a heavy on a moving horse or vehicle but not actively moving himself count as moving for the purposes of compensating? I'm basically wondering if I can give my heavy a big-ass 4" lance and be able to charge with it, or whether it'd have to be a feat.
thedanster7000
Champion
Champion

Re: Heavy's Horses

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:38 am

Good question. As far as I can tell the letter of the rules say no but the spirit of the rules say :sparta:
Image Image
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:45 pm

I would make it depend on how fixed or stable the Heavy is. Obviously standing on the wing of a biplane isn't a stable enough platform to use your compensating ability as you would still be "moving", while the flatbed of a truck or the deck of a ship obviously are very stable surfaces.

In case of a Horse I would argue that as long as it has a saddle it's sufficiently stable enough.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Postby stubby » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:12 pm

thedanster7000 wrote:Does a heavy on a moving horse or vehicle but not actively moving himself count as moving for the purposes of compensating? I'm basically wondering if I can give my heavy a big-ass 4" lance and be able to charge with it, or whether it'd have to be a feat.

One answer to this question is that a jousting minifig on a Horse is already treated as if it has a Size of 2", because the momentum of the Joust is based on the horse. If a Heavy used Compensating to boost his own effective size to 2", it would still be the same 2" that he already had from the horse, and so it makes no difference either way.

In theory, any minifig on horseback can use up to 4" of weapons in a jousting attack, but not for any other type of attack. So you could have that really long lance if you want.

But for other purposes, sure. As long as the heavy isn't actively driving the moving horse or vehicle he's planting himself on, then he's free to use compensating to increase his effective size to 2".
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Return to The Rulebook